Start by marking “The Singing Silence: What the Design of the Universe Tells Us about God” as Want to Read:
The Singing Silence: What the Design of the Universe Tells Us about God

The Singing Silence: What the Design of the Universe Tells Us about God

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The intersection of mathematics and theology. Implications of a single common mathematical design principle throughout the universe.
Published November 2007 by Phares

To ask other readers questions about The Singing Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Singing Silence

Omega Writers
From our CALEB Reviewers:

This is a most interesting book. I enjoyed reading it, more than once in fact. However, I would not recommend it to everyone. The author is to be commended on her research and literary style.

Bookseller’s Choice – reviewer CALEB Prize
L.D. Taylor
Apr 01, 2013 L.D. Taylor rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: math geeks, Christians, golden ratio enthusiasts
While I hang out with math geeks all the time, I'm not actually one of those people who really "gets it." Nevertheless I had very little difficulty following Anne Hamilton's explanations of how mathematics rears its head constantly in nature, indicating both intelligent and loving design.

The Singing Silence also explains how those in the ancient world (and into the Middle Ages) perceived God's math messages... and how they emulated them.

My favourite section of the book was when Hamilton explai...more
Anne Hamilton
Aug 20, 2014 Anne Hamilton rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I cried when this book arrived from the printer. No one else has ever noticed the design mistake on every left-hand page but I did. I wept.

Each one of the full-colour borders was originally designed to conform to the central theme of the book: the mathematical signature across every aspect of creation - the golden ratio. Except, for this, my first self-published book, I didn't know enough about the publishing process to make the whole premise work. It was a steep learning curve!

Ok, so design pri...more
Ruth Bonetti
A beautifully produced little book, full of deep insights and connections. It helps to have a good grasp of mathematics but is not essential.
Dale Harcombe
A long time ago since I read it, but I found it fascinating. Will have to check back and see if I can find the review and put it up.
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Alan
Alan added it
May 05, 2014
Conni
Conni marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Debora
Debora marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Kez11
Kez11 marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Lynn
Lynn added it
Aug 30, 2013
Diane Walter
Diane Walter marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013

For twenty years, I was the coordinator of an annual camp for children based around The Chronicles of Narnia. That experience shaped a lot of my thinking about how readers enjoy fantasy.

Like CS Lewis, my fantasy story Many-Coloured Realm began with a picture in my mind'...more
More about Anne Hamilton...
God's Poetry: The Identity and Destiny Encoded In Your Name Many-Coloured Realm God's Panoply: The Armour of God and the Kiss of Heaven The Winging Word The Listening Land