Start by marking “Burnt Offerings” as Want to Read:
Burnt Offerings

Burnt Offerings (Sam Michaels / Daniel Davis #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The scratch of a single match—spark, heat, chemical reaction, fire being born—and an intense thriller begins.

Terror reigns over the North Florida National Forest, the coastal town of Bayshore, and the barrier island of Pine Key—a fiery terror whose flame threatens to consume the whole world.

An exacting and methodical killer whose weapon is fire is working on his master
Published February 11th 2012 by Pulpwood Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Burnt Offerings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burnt Offerings

Kevintipple
May 25, 2012 Kevintipple rated it really liked it
For Professor Daniel Davis and his friend Ben Greene this late September morning is the time for good natured give and take and a run along some abandoned railroad tracks in the heart of the North Florida Wildlife Preserve. The running for Daniel is not just exercise but as a means of escape from nightmares of his past. The same is true of his job these days as he has isolated himself by teaching online courses from his isolated home and working on various projects.

The problem is as Ben stops an
Paul
Nov 15, 2014 Paul rated it it was amazing
This was my first exposure to Michael's work, and I loved it! This story has so many layers, and Michael does a masterful job peeling them back one by one. At first I wasn't sure about his choice of present tense, but after a chapter or so I started to enjoy it, and now I think it just wouldn't be the same story written any other way. Characters, dialogue, settings, descriptions, it's all fantastic. Can't wait to read more of his books.
Laurie Kirkland
Mar 24, 2014 Laurie Kirkland rated it it was amazing
Kept me reading

it really kept me interested and kept me reading to know what happened next. I enjoy twists and turns that I never see coming. This book had those too. I'm not one to pick apart a book on it's nearness to truth or facts but this one probably had a few. There was some "creepiness" too but I still enjoyed it. I would recommend this read to someone who likes a good serial killer thriller read.
Charlene Childers
Jul 11, 2015 Charlene Childers rated it it was amazing
Burnt offerings is one that will for sure make you wonder if anyone is going to make it out alive. This book kept me on my toes thinking what's actually going to happy next. I could not quite figure it out at first but once I got into it I really enjoyrd trying to figure out if anyone was going to make it out Alice
Doreen
Mar 19, 2015 Doreen rated it liked it
An interesting serial killer mystery/investigation, unwrapped slowly but satisfyingly. Definitely clever and well thought-out. I just couldn't get over the punctuation choice for dialog. Plus, I've been absurdly busy with Ingress shard season, so it took a little longer than usual. God, I'm so tired. Fucking shards.
Anne Englehart
Compelling and riveting.

Was hard to put down. Keeps you going.
There are one or two slow spots, but a good read overall.
Dawn Peterson
Mar 17, 2013 Dawn Peterson rated it it was amazing
This book by Michael Lister makes you want to lock your doors and look over your shoulders. The twist and turns never stop. Michael does a great job of bringing to forefront of our minds the ugly past of this world while entertaining us with the craziness of todays world.
Harris Guilmette
May 10, 2014 Harris Guilmette rated it liked it
Plot deserves a five, but the style deserves a two. Lack of quotation marks very irritating and continually confuses speaker as well as the constant "he says" "she says" which even results in speaker confusion and in several instances, plot errors.
Karra
Jun 14, 2012 Karra rated it liked it
Liked the story, but the ridiculous way of quoting dialogue throughout the entire book is incredibly distracting.
Alison Reeder
Mar 21, 2013 Alison Reeder rated it it was amazing
A very good book. Had me hooked till the end.
Pam
Jan 30, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
Great read I couldn't put it down
John
May 30, 2014 John rated it really liked it
Not bad. I finished it which a lot for Lister.
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Jim
Jim rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
Doreen
Doreen marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Emily Stevens
Emily Stevens marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Asitton
Asitton marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Fred Hansen
Fred Hansen rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Karen Gouker
Karen Gouker marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Rhyllis Bignell
Rhyllis Bignell marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Jamie S.
Jamie S. marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Emil Schwartz
Emil Schwartz marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Lashana
Lashana marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Ken Gaines
Ken Gaines rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Foreign Enemies And Traitors (The Enemies Trilogy, #3)
  • Green To Go (Buck Reilly Adventure #2)
  • Too Much Information
  • Blue Molly (Danny Logan Mystery, #5)
  • The Flood
  • Trusting Evil
  • The Granite Key (Arkana Mysteries #1)
  • Enormity (Complete Edition)
  • The Eldridge Conspiracy
  • Crown of Thorns (Crown of Thorns #2)
  • Undetectable (Great Minds Thriller, #2)
  • Soft Target (Major Crimes Unit #1)
  • Bicycle Shop Murder (Greg Tenorly Suspense Series, #1)
  • The Devil's Game
  • Cult
  • Luthecker
  • Diary of a Small Fish
  • The Savannah Project
Multi award-winning novelist, Michael Lister, is a native Floridian best known for his literary suspense thrillers DOUBLE EXPOSURE, BURNT OFFERINGS, and SEPARATION ANXIETY, as well as his two ongoing mystery series, the prison chaplain John Jordan "Blood" series (BLOOD SACRIFICE) and the hard-boiled, 1940s noir Jimmy "Soldier" Riley Series (THE BIG HELLO).

The Florida Book Review says that "Vintage
More about Michael Lister...

Sam Michaels / Daniel Davis (2 books)
  • Separation Anxiety