Circus of Blood (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #2.5)

Circus of Blood (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty-Hunter #2.5)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Anticipating the worst keeps Deacon Chalk a step ahead. But he never expected that a badly-beaten were-bat female victim would suddenly mutate and almost take him out. Or that the freak undead that infected her can’t wait to turn all lycanthropes into uncontrollable killing machines…once he’s gone. And that day is getting awfully close. Deacon may be outnumbered, out-gunne...more
ebook
Published (first published January 29th 2013)

Katy
Jun 12, 2013 Katy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of darker, male-oriented UF
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Fans of darker, action-oriented, male-centric Urban Fantasy
Trigger Warnings: clowns, violence, murder

My Thoughts: So, wow. If you don't already have a phobia of circuses and clowns, this book will definitely instill one in you! Brrrrr. Not much can be said about this short novella so as to avoid spoiling it, but it was a lot of fun. Plus: were-stoat! Irish were-stoat. Can't beat that.

Series Information: Circus of Blood is Book 2...more
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

Deacon Chalk always gets his man. Or were-thing. Or vampire. If they're on the side of evil. He does check things out first. Deacon may be a killing machine, but he's one righteous killing machine.

And he usually makes one hell of a mess along the way.

I wanted to catch up with Deacon, because the next full book in the Deacon Chalk Bounty Hunter series, Blood and Magick, is coming out in March and it's on my "must read" list for the year. Deacon's author, Jam...more
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

Deacon Chalk Occult Bounty Hunter tries not to kill a shapeshifter unless it’s necessary. Most of them are human a large percentage of the time and they take measures to protect regular humans from their beastly selves. When a were-bat is found severely beaten Deacon tries to find out from her who did it, but as he’s questioning her she goes, um, bat-shit crazy. Turns out there’s more wrong with her than a severe beating and now Deacon is in a race against time to find her abusers before the...more
David Dalton
This was my 2nd Deacon Chalk novella. This one I downloaded from a digital library (this library has all the James Tuck Deacon Chalk books/novellas). This was a pretty good little story (vampires/werewolves). Not much depth, but it is only a novella. Tuck gives us just enough to pike our interest into the world of Deacon Chalk (Occult Bounty Hunter). He did mine. I had just read That Thing at the Zoo (Deacon Chalk  Occult Bounty Hunter #0.5) by James R. Tuck last week and I enjoyed that little thriller I quickly went out and picked up this thriller. I plan to knock out all...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
I love this kick-ass series! And this novella fit nicely. It's got vampires. Horrible, freaky, deformed vampires. And one of them is a freaking clown. *shiver*

I love Deacon. He's not afraid to get caught up in any sort of mess if it means punishing the asshole bad guy. Also, Father Mulcahy is awesome. He's just how I like my priests--rough around the edges, gun-toting, ready to kick ass, and strong as hell.

Another great addition!
Danae Browning
I loved this story. My only complaint is that it's a novela and I wasn't ready for it to end. First page to last James Tuck stomps the pedal to the metal and hurls you into the dark and dangerous world of Deacon Chalk. It's not for the weak of stomach or those looking for a vampire love story. Deacon is a flawed and dangerous man and you can be sure heads will roll, literally. Four thumbs up. LOVED IT.
Robin
icky mental visuals but a good story and for once it's nice to see his backup is the guys.

Kayla Eklund
There are no words for how much I love this series. Circus of Blood made a horrible, stress filled day so much better.
Darcy
This short really showed the softer side of Deacon, but being Deacon it comes along with a lot of blood and fighting.
Kenneth Sr.
Pretty good for a short story..nice if you're a Deacon fan.
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Nikoya
Nikoya marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Jimmie Whittenbarger
Jimmie Whittenbarger marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Susan1566
Susan1566 marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am the author of the Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter series. Book one, BLOOD AND BULLETS, will be out from Kensington Publishing February 7, 2012.

I write DARK URBAN FANTASY. It is gritty, it is violent, it is bloody, it is DARK. The monsters are monstrous and they do Very Bad Things. The good guys are Big Damn Heroes.
I write the ultimate thrill ride in the form of a book, just for you. I wan...more
More about James R. Tuck...
Blood and Bullets (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #1) Blood and Silver (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter, #2) Blood and Magick (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #3) That Thing at the Zoo (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #0.5) Spider's Lullaby (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #1.5)