Start by marking “Dawn of a Dark Knight (Scimitar Magi, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dawn of a Dark Knight (Scimitar Magi, #1)

Dawn of a Dark Knight (Scimitar Magi #1)

In the shadows of our world, a secret band of warriors fights to protect us. They are the last line of defense against an evil no human can stop.

An ancient nemesis has resurfaced. Duty demands that Ashor Vlahos, Scimitar Magi commander, recruit a magical healer to fortify the remaining eight magi. The gods' choice is the woman who helped him escape torture a decade ago. As
Published February 18th 2013 by Wild Rose Press (first published November 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn of a Dark Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn of a Dark Knight

The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
Rating's Breakdown:
Quality of writing: Solid

Pace: Even and easy

Characters: Very interesting. All of the characters in the story, including the "bad guys", had interesting personalities and even
Sadie Forsythe
I'd push it up another 1/2 star if I could and call it 3.5. I liked it.

My first thought on reading Dawn of a Dark Knight is that the cover doesn't match it. IMO it needs one a little more like those of J.R. Ward's or Elisabeth Naughton's, something that screams PNR because that is what this is. Like the Black Dagger Brotherhood or the Eternal Guardians the men of Dawn of a Dark Knight, the Magi, are a bonded group of hard as nails, hot as fire, destined for one woman defenders of the innocent.
Maria Dodd
Nov 22, 2013 Maria Dodd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
I was given this book to read as part of the read to review for the sequel in exchange for an honest review via Lovers of Paranormal.

I have read many 'immortal warrior' books and this is up there with the best of them.

I love to read books with humour interspersed with dramatic moments - in real life that is how many of us deal with stress. This book has lots of funny banter between the characters. This book has it all. The funny moments, the sentimental aww moments, suspense, supernatural, dram
Hbeebti
Jan 04, 2013 Hbeebti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
This was so good! I was instantly drawn in. There was never a dull moment. In fact I hated to put it down. I love the direction that this book has taken and seriously cant wait to see whats next. This definitely reminds me of some of my favorite authors and books.
Barb Lie
Mar 01, 2013 Barb Lie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dawn of a Dark Knight by Zoe Forward is her first book in her Scimitar Magi Series, a paranormal romance novel, and this is indeed a great start for Forward.

In the similar theme of Ward’s BDB series, Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series, Dawn of the Dark Knight is about a group of hot sexy warriors, who fight Daemons, and must protect humans. Our hero is Ashor Vlahos, who is the group’s leader, a Scimitar Magi.

They are constantly in battle fighting the Daemons, though they usually win the battles, it i
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Apr 17, 2013 CoffeeTimeRomance andMore rated it really liked it
Ashor Vlahos is the Prime Magus. His power is rage. Unfortunately, he has lived for many years, so his kem-seki (darkness) is almost uncontrollable. He is close to turning and does not sleep anymore for fear of what he wakes up to. His only hope is finding his senariai (mate), to bring light into his soul again. When he finds Kira, he knows she is the one.

Doctor Kira Hardy has the ability to heal people with her touch. Because of her special gift, she has been on the run from Hashishins and the
Jonel Boyko
Forward’s writing style sucked me in. I found it intriguing yet easy to connect with. The story itself is fast paced, exciting, and adventurous. Forward’s writing takes it to another level. It makes this story into something so much more, completely addictive and unforgettable. It’s a fantastic escape from reality as we perceive it.

The main character may be otherworldly but I found him quite easy to connect to. His personality combined with his past create an unforgettably deadly combination. Ki
Sophia
May 10, 2013 Sophia rated it liked it
I loved the idea of a blend between Egyptian mythology and demonology wrapped up together in a paranormal romance story. This one jumped right into the action and held my interest from the start even when I was a bit confused about what was going on until an explanation came along. Once it got going, I noticed that it had familiar overtones like other paranormal romance series that I have read.

It begins with Magus guardian, Ashor Vlahos, wounded and bitter after his last bout of fighting off dem
Laura Thomas
May 18, 2013 Laura Thomas rated it really liked it
Ashor Vlahos, as Prime Magus, the leader of the last eight magi, is duty bound to find a healer. One is needed, and needed now, as an old enemy has returned.

The Gods have chosen Doctor Kira Hardy. She saved Ashor ten years ago.

Kira agrees to help when the magi are devastated by a daemon attack. Now Ashor insists she stay and become their healer, their akhrian.

There’s a big problem though. Kira likes her life. She doesn’t believe in these Gods, and she just wants to go home.

An even bigger problem
Katie Michaels
Jun 10, 2013 Katie Michaels rated it liked it
This book is complicated. Interesting and creative… with good sexual tension… but ultimately difficult to connect to because it was so foreign.

The basic premise is that Ashor is one of a handful of magi, tasked by the Gods to fight the evil daemons that threaten humanity. He is immortal –or almost. He can die by the hands of a daemon or one of his own brethren, but he is always reborn into the role he swore to uphold centuries ago. In each reincarnation, he forgets his former lives and it takes
Ruty  B
Jun 03, 2013 Ruty B rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, romance, paranormal
Saying that Dawn of A Dark Knight is a paranormal romance would be an understatement because this book is a thrilling, sexy and exciting story.

This book presents us a different kind of paranormal. Here we have a new world, described and created by the author in an excellent style, where Scimitar Magus, an Order of Assassins, Daemons and Egyptian Gods are real. It’s an original and fresh idea with a solid plot and very well thought.

At first I was a bit overwhelm by all the names and the differen
Between the Bind
May 15, 2013 Between the Bind rated it really liked it
Ashor Vlahos is the perfect alpha male, leader of an ancient Egyptian magi group, created and resurrected by the gods to protect human kind from Hashishins and demons. After years of fighting evil and not yet finding his senariai, or soul mate, Ashor is fighting back the darkness threatening to take over his soul.

Kira Hardy has been fighting her supernatural need to heal by becoming a doctor in the human world, using her gifts sparingly to help diagnose and save those in need. After her parents
Marked By Books
Sep 09, 2013 Marked By Books rated it really liked it
This is certainly what you would call an "eye-opener!" This is one of the most detailed, exciting, non-putter-downer book that I have ever had the privileg
e to read. And no, I am not just being biased because I have a thing for butt-kicking, tall, dark, sexy, virtually undefeatable men.... Or maybe I am....Shhh.....

So, when a person picks up a book and realizes that the book has to do with supernatural beings and giant men who kick Daemon butt, you expect it to be a thriller, yes, but you also s
A.R. Von
Mar 24, 2013 A.R. Von rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story (to me) is a combination of the BDB series, the Dark Hunter series and a couple of others combined with an added twist, an Egyptian twist. A good read for fans of paranormal romance that enjoy kick butt heroes and heroines with the addition of a great romantic build. A 3.5 out of 5 star rating for me.

Kira is a strong beautiful and powerful woman that learns that all of what she thought was a dream, is in fact, reality. A doctor who heals in many ways, talent beyond imagination and pow
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
This is an original review from http://bookedandloaded.com I received this book directly from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Dawn of a Dark Knight by Zoe Forward starts out fast paced and never skipped a beat. Ashor leads a group of magi warriors whose goal is keep balance on earth and are governed by Egyptian deities. The chosen healer, Kira, is needed to help them in this journey, but what happens when her undeniable bond to Ashor goes against the gods rules? Will she accept the r
Quincy Marin
Jan 04, 2013 Quincy Marin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Kresley Cole, JR Ward, Christine Feehan...and this author is right in their league! Tons of adventure, steamy romance and a touch of suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat, wanting to read more. I especially enjoyed the brisk pace - there was never a dull moment. I also love the humor - similar to Kresley Cole. There is definitely some serious drama, but the dabs of humor had me smiling throughout. The Egyptian mythology is unique and interesting. The storyline is well w ...more
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by the author.

Loved this book, fans of J. R. Ward, Gena Showalter and Sherrilyn Kenyon.......we have found a new series YEY.

The plot was imaginative and kept me hooked until the end, it has really interesting characters and I can't wait to read more in this series, especially on Jayden.

I would definitely recommend this series :)
InD'tale Magazine
This is a fast paced story with a strong mythological core.

Read full review in February 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Shaineinok
Jan 08, 2013 Shaineinok rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this for free over on amazon. It's very good. Similar to BDB or Eternal Guardians, ect. I'll look for sequals! Read in one day, just couldn't put it down.
Jan 06, 2013 Sarah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, free
Free on amazon
Julianne
Jan 18, 2014 Julianne rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review. I rated it 5 out of 5 stars.

Reviewed for For Whom The Books Toll
5 of 5, Spicy

Angela Blount
Don't get too excited by the title, Batman fans. You won't find him here.

Readers will likely perceive this urban fantasy tale as reminiscent of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series—minus the vampire element and swapping the Greek/Roman pantheon of gods for Egyptian instead.

As paranormal heroes go, Asher is a pretty standard alpha male—the uptight, over-caffinated leader of an elite band of ancient warriors who've been charged with ridding the world of demonic evil. The heroine, Kira, is a medic
Curse of the Bibliophile
Nov 09, 2013 Curse of the Bibliophile rated it it was amazing
A love beyond words.

This story interweaves magic, mystery, action, and romance to create a spellbinding read that you will never forget. The imagery was beautiful and captivating, really drawing you into the story. The world building was unique and done perfectly. I loved the way the mythology was used in the story and how everything fit together in the end.

The romance was also nicely done and paced. There was no insta love, but plenty of chemistry between the two main characters.

Kira is a gifte
Dianne
Jan 02, 2014 Dianne marked it as to-read

Click on Banner to Enter

Jessica
Note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a likeable book in a similar theme of some of the big names of paranormal romance. A band of amazingly sexy, superhuman men are charged with protecting humanity from the things that go bump in the night.

The world-building was interesting and well done, although I did have an issue with the overabundance of lengthy words to describe the unique elements of Ms. Forward's world. I loved the significance of t
Qforward
Laurie
Mar 26, 2014 Laurie rated it it was amazing
I thought this was one of the best paranormal books I've read in a long time. The heroine was strong, the hero was alpha, the secondary characters played a big part in the story and the book left a lot of room for sequels.

I enjoyed the Egyptian type history and lore added in, there was action and angst, and length, while I thought the end wrapped up a bit fast, I still think this was five star worthy. I look forward to the next adventure -Forgotten in Darkness.
Zoe Forward
Oct 13, 2013 Zoe Forward rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi!
Thanks for reading the first in my Scimitar Magi series. I give you bad-to-the bone hero, drop dead gorgeous guys who will protect their woman to the ends of the earth. Danger is his hometown. Give him some preternatural powers, and now he’s all that, plus he’s an alpha take-charge kind of guys. Swoon.

Happy Reading,
~Zoe Forward
Cyrene Olson
Aug 30, 2016 Cyrene Olson rated it it was amazing
Uncaged Book Reviews:

This book will remind you of J.R. Ward’s BDB, of the strong bonds between the warriors, and their mates. Non-stop action, well developed characters and storyline, Zoe Forward creates a terrific world and series that is hard to put down.
Nancy
Jan 19, 2014 Nancy rated it did not like it
Only made it to page 33. The outline sounded really good but the writing had no flow. I think it was badly edited, I kept rereading sentences to try to follow. It felt like I was coming into it half way through. I even checked to make sure I was reading book 1.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Decorah Security Collection
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • Dimension Shifter (Dimensions Saga #1)
  • Undone (The Amoveo Legend, #4)
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
  • Come to Me
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Uprising (Fires of Providence, #1)
  • Intrigue (Night Muse #1)
  • The Devil's Wife
  • One Hot Knight
  • Fire with Fire (Demonblood, #2)
  • Fever: Many are Born, Few are Reborn (Wolf Sirens, #2)
  • A Moment In Time
  • Retribution (Redemption, #3)
  • The Demon Mistress (Eva Prim, #1)
  • Ageless Sea (Ageless, #1)
Award winning author, Zoe Forward is a hopeless romantic who can’t decide between paranormal and contemporary romance. So, she writes both. When she’s not typing at her laptop, she’s tying on a karate belt for her son or cleaning up the newest pet mess from the menagerie that occupies her house. She’s a small animal veterinarian caring for a wide range of furry creatures, although there has been t ...more
More about Zoe Forward...

Scimitar Magi (3 books)
  • Forgotten In Darkness (Scimitar Magi, #2)
  • Darkness Unbound (Scimitar Magi#3)

“I’ll shoot,” she murmured against his rock-solid pecs, burrowing the muzzle of her Glock into his abdomen.
“Go ahead, sweetheart. Add it to the tally for the night. It’ll sting like a bitch, but I guarantee it won’t kill me.”
1 likes