Three (Article 5, #3)

Three (Article 5 #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,756 ratings  ·  238 reviews
Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to...more
Published February 11th 2014 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
YA Novels of 2014
100th out of 1,326 books — 6,562 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiThe One by Kiera CassSilver Shadows by Richelle Mead
2014 Releases
29th out of 617 books — 1,131 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen Simmons
Jan 17, 2014 Kristen Simmons added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Oops! You guys are the best! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. No, I didn't mean to give it three stars - in fact, I didn't know I was rating it at all! I feel weird rating my own book. I'll let you do that!
Thanks for reading!
Kristen
Jaime Arkin
Dear Kristen Simmons:
 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-4191-1370380495-12_zps742bc965.gif

I’m not even sure where I’m supposed to start or what I’m supposed to say about this final book in the Article 5 series. It’s bittersweet for sure, because I’ve loved this series and its characters from the second I picked up the first book. Chase and Ember have pulled me into their lives, and I’m sad to see the end… but as you might have seen in my last update, this was perfection. I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

photo 774217_zpsc7864d88.gif

. . 2014? d- don't do this to me

description
Ferdy
Spoilers

Unremarkable… The plot was predictable, the characters were generic, and everything else was mostly uninteresting. I guess the writing and world building were decent enough but those didn't make up for the utterly boring story and characters.

-What's what: Ember, Chase, and their group go on the run from the Moral Militia/evul government regime. Naturally, the bland teenagers decide to find other rebels and take down the government fuckers.

-Ember and Chase were the typical boring YA char...more
Lana
Apr 07, 2013 Lana marked it as to-read
AHH!! I cannot wait for this! I love Chase and Sean!! GET BACK IN MY LIFE BOYS!
Renu
“Is it too redneck to say you look sexy operating a radio?”

In my opinion, there is nothing better than finishing the last book in a trilogy/series than with a happy sigh.

Three picks up where Breaking Point left off. Ember, Chase and the gang are desperately searching for survivors from the destroyed safe house. Along the way finding clues that they believe are linked to Three, the lucrative organization that heads the resistance. Then just as there hope of finding survivors dwindles they encoun...more
Marie McKean
You know, it seems like a crime against awesomeness that I hadn't ever heard, or read, any of the amazing books in this series until "Three." The story took me by surprise, it wrapped me up in a choke hold and refused to let me go.

But...I didn't really want it to either.

Despite being primarily not warm and fuzzy, I couldn't get enough of this book's tender embrace.

Why? Well, because I was lost to this story. The characters . . . Oh the characters! I could see them all so clearly. Their every...more
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Another grand finale I've been waiting for and sadly once again I wish I could say it blew me away but it seems to me I expected too much. Ember and Chase's story is something I've been enjoying since Article 5 and I really loved all the twists and happenings in the first two books. Sadly this one wasn't as thrilling but still Kristen Simmons gave us satisfying ending.

On of the things I like about this series is that each book continues where the previous st...more
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

I am shaking right now while writing this review! My emotions are on overdrive, and I have to do something with my hands before I hyperventilate!

This book was emotionally-packed! With this being the last book in the ARTICLE 5 series, Kristen Simmons did not hold back one bit, no she went all out! Throughout most of this book, mainly the last half or so, I was on edge, I was in horror at some of the gruesome things that were happening, but I was also in awe at some of the indescribable events tha...more
Diana
4-4.5 Stars! Possible review to come after a re-read so that I have time to gather my thoughts....

Emotionally it was a fantastic book. I cried my eyes out for a good portion of the book. I loved the plot twists and how well rounded the characters were..I only wish that we would have gotten a little bit more answers from the book...

Read with you own caution for there will be major spoilers below.

(view spoiler)...more
Tabitha
very close to five stars! INCREDIBLE.

FULL REVIEW:

Three is the third and final book in the Article 5 series by Kristen Simmons. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first two books in the series, but this one makes me want to go back and reread them. I loved pretty much everything about this book, and it’s almost bittersweet in a way that the series is over. I want more of these characters now that I’ve grown to appreciate them. Something about this book was just so different from the rest of the series. I...more
Juhina
The last 100 pages were SO GOOD! The reason why I have this 5 stars.

I'm going to miss Ember and Chase so much <3

---

I am eternally grateful towards Kristen Simmons for writing such a fantastic last book in a dystopian trilogy. I've had my share of bad endings to dystopian trilogies and I was a bit scared for Article 5. I've read Article 5 two years ago when it first came out and I've been a fan since then. I loved the uniqueness of the world Simmons created as well as the road trip twist in th...more
Boyanna
I’m pissed off at this series sense book one. Why, oh, why did I read all 3 of them? Don't ask me, I don’t know!

The plot and its twist were way to naïve for the audience it was intended and the subject it covered. And before you go on and attack me saying I’m too old for this book, I’ll tell you – I’ve read plenty of books in this genre that had insightful and original plots and not at all stupid.

This whole series would've made much more sense if it was placed in the universe inhabited and ruled...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Dystopian Romance
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

"When a government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government."

I absolutely must admit that I held out longer than I expected in reading this book even though some of my favorite reviewers have raved about Three. Even though Tor Teen kindly allowed me access to this title back in December, I have had a few roadblocks in finally picking up this story and reading it through to the e...more
BookHookup
The original review of this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Christina's Review:

**SPECIAL NOTE:** An eARC of this title was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Initial Thoughts and Rating: 5 stars! Packed with action, long-awaited revelations, and sweet, swoony moments, Three was everything I could...more
Shayne McGrath
Mar 31, 2013 Shayne McGrath marked it as to-read
I CAN'T WAIT! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! IM WAITING FOR TOO MANY BOOKS RIGHT NOW AND I SWEAR I WILL GO MORE INSANE THEN I ALREADY AM IF I HAVE TO WAIT THAT LONG!
Jenni Arndt
I used to say that there was nothing worse than reviewing sequels, but I officially take that statement back because reviewing the third book in a series is definitely worse. There are people who can manage without spoiling anything and I just don’t get how they do it. So be prepared, there will probably be spoilers up ahead. Note: Scratch that, I actually managed to make this spoiler free!!!

What can I say about Three that I haven’t already said about Breaking Point and Article 5 hmm… Well, I ca...more
Adeeb
Originally posted on: http://bookville1.blogspot.com/2014/0...

Thank you very much Tor Teen for sending me a review copy for this book.

As you all know, I really enjoyed reading Article 5 and Breaking Point. It is a really good dystopian series, full of action and thrill.

I felt the same way about Three. It started off really well. I was quickly drawn back into the world. I was really intrigued finding out how their adventure would end.

Now, let's talk about each thing I liked:

1-Characters: Definit...more
Abbie
I read the first two in the series and was eagerly anticipating the release of this novel, however, I was sadly dissapointed.
Unlike the other two books, I didn't feel like I was with them, I just felt like I was watching them like a detached unemotional extra limb.
Ember and Chase don't want to be slit up, which was basically the whole story.
Ooh, Chase was taken? Jesse didn't save him? Ember. Must. Save. Chase.

Maria Maksimova
Это было круто!!!
Nick

This year seems to be the year all of my favorite YA series are ending. There's always that feeling of sadness that overcomes me when I have to say goodbye to characters that I've grown attached to over the years. Ah the problems that we book nerds face! While I was full of grief while finishing Three, I was also completely satisfied because Kristen Simmons gave me a series that will remain engraved in my mind probably for the rest of my life.

I'm never really sure what to write in my reviews for...more
Kathryn
OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a book!!! WHAT A SERIES!!!!
After reading Article 5 and then jumping in to Breaking Point, I knew this series was phenomenal...
I was dying for Three and having to wait a year was excruciating...I would watch for every kind of announcement possible...And when the tour sign ups happened?? HECK YEAH!! I jumped so fast...
And now...now Three is in my hands and I have read the last page...
I am soooo torn...While this is one of my absolute favorite series....I couldn't wait for th...more
Stacy
*Warning-Spoilers for Breaking Point*

It has been a long and bumpy road. A lot of lives lost; loved ones, friends, enemies and even more are lost in THREE. Just when they thought their journey was almost over they find the refuge they have been fighting towards bombed and abandoned. Reviewing the final book in a series is always really hard. What more could possibly be said about the characters or the world? What can I really say without giving away something important having to do with book 3.

A...more
Annika
September 23, 2013

Ohmigosh. Please let February 11, 2014 come sooner!! I am just dying to read Three! :D

January 25, 2014

REVIEW:

Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh. I'm having mini little heart attacks.
Article 5 has been an amazing trilogy, the whole way. It's made my heart stop, race, and flutter more than a million times. I could reread the Article 5 trilogy a dozen times and it would never get old. (I read the first book twice and it still had the same amazing effect that it had the first time).

I j...more
Amee
Better than the first book and on par with the second book in the series. My main issue with this last one was the pacing. I had to force myself to keep reading. I enjoyed seeing how everything turned out, but it didn't really deliver until the last 100 pages or so. If I imagine how I would have reacted to the book if I'd read it as a teenager, I don't think some of the things I disliked would have been disliked back then. I either wouldn't have noticed them or even liked them. So I think Simmon...more
Ashleyjo
Kristin Simmons' writing style in the Article 5 series reminds me a lot of The Fifth Wave in that the story always has something going on either physically or reflectively in thought.

I loved the world building in Article 5, which was eerily reminiscent of what Nazi Europe must've looked like. I also loved that, unlike a lot of other books where the complete world is told upfront and then a character(s) story unfolds within the world, the Article 5 series continues to build the world throughout...more
P.M.
This is the third book in the Article 5 series. Ember, Chase, and their friends are looking for survivors of the safe house that has been destroyed in the Red Zone. Along the way, they are reeled in by Dr. DeWitt, the leader of Endurance, and one of the Three. The book is fast paced as Ember and Chase race all over the country trying to find a way to bring down the MM. It all comes to a conclusion at a party where the prisoners are paraded and tortured and Ember must choose whom to trust. I want...more
Rabia
I would give it infinite stars if that was possible. It was amazing and unique. It left me with a shocked expression. The author successively understood the feelings of war and was able to bring her message across successively. The main character,Ember Miller, is strong and unlike all the other characters in every young adult book knew her priorities. She voiced my thoughts. Ember is a real girl, not a fake one. She felt like a real human not an angel. She questioned the war. She questioned the...more
Cheryl
This isn't quite 4 stars, but it was such a good way to end the trilogy that I'll bump it up. First off, I loved Article 5. In a dystopia heavy market, it really was one of the better, more realistic feeling stories. The second book was more of a disappointment, so I was relieved by this one.

The story: Ember (I still had trouble with her name. It wasn't said enough, or it didn't mean enough), Sean, Rebecca, and Chase are together and still on the run. They are searching for more survivors, peopl...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Three is my favorite book in the gritty Article 5 trilogy thanks to Simmons’ flawless delivery of both heartbreaking losses and moments of incredible tenderness. Fans of both the dystopian and New Adult romance genres will definitely want to read this exceptional story!

Opening Sentence: The dream was changing.

The Review:

Ember and Chase have gone through hell to be together. The Moral Militia. The Rehabilitation Center. Secrets and betrayals...more
What did you think about the last book? 4 17 May 02, 2014 11:28PM
Article 5 book 3 4 71 Mar 04, 2014 06:22AM
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • The Worlds We Make (Fallen World, #3)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Stolen (Taken, #0.5)
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
  • The Island (The Line, #3)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
Kristen Simmons is the author of the ARTICLE 5 series and THE GLASS ARROW (Tor Teen). She loves her family, Jazzercise, and chocolate cupcakes. She currently lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.

For more updates on Kristen and her writing, visit http://www.kristensimmonsbooks.com or http://www.facebook.com/author.kriste....

More about Kristen Simmons...
Article 5 (Article 5, #1) Breaking Point (Article 5, #2) The Glass Arrow (Untitled Trilogy, #1)

“He smiled - that small, secret smile he saved just for me.” 5 likes