Start by marking “Freeing Demitri's Wolf (Wolves of Stone Ridge #17)” as Want to Read:
Freeing Demitri's Wolf (Wolves of Stone Ridge #17)

Freeing Demitri's Wolf (Wolves of Stone Ridge #17)

Demitri Vinetti knows his parents believe his claim that he's gay, is an act of rebellion. But when Demitri scents Kiernan Wabinaw at the diner where he works, and the human keeps coming back again and again, he's certain he's found his mate, a male mate, proving Fate's on his side. Getting advice from friends, Demitri digs deep for courage and asks Kiernan on a date.

Kiern
Published March 15th 2013 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Freeing Demitri's Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freeing Demitri's Wolf

Sadonna
Mar 16, 2013 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, weres-shifters, series
Demitri is a young shifter whose parents are unhappy that he is a) a shifter and b) gay. Like REALLY unhappy. Luckily for Demitri's it seems like maybe he is a really lucky shifter in that at 19, he has already found his mate. That his mate is a human and has no idea about shifters is a bit of a hiccup, but Demitri screws up his courage and asks Kiernan out after the man has been coming into the diner where Demitri works for a few weeks. Frankie and Vince help him work up his nerve and when ...more
Amanda
4 stars

By far the best out of this series. It was nice to see Richards go about this book differently than the others. They were good but this one takes the cake.

I have loved Demitri since he was mentioned in a previous book so I was pretty excited to get this. I really liked Kieran as well. It was nice to have a different alpha. All of the young muscle bound alphas are hot, but Kieran was a 45 year old Silver Fox with very slight love handles. Call me crazy but I was digging it.

This one was an
Purplegirl
Mar 16, 2013 Purplegirl rated it really liked it
Shelves: shapeshifter, series
I have read all 17 books of this series and this is my favorite so far. This one seemed to have more of a plot than some of the others. I like the age difference between the MC's. The little bit of d/s was good two. A nice addition to the series. As always, I look forward to the next one.
A.E.
Mar 17, 2013 A.E. rated it it was ok
This one was one of my least favorites, but still read the story all the way through. The couple of sex scenes were pretty erotic.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
3.25

24 is old to still be in college, even doing a Master's unless you took a break. I wonder if there's a story there and if we'll hear it.

Rant about Kiernan's daughter:
(view spoiler)
Sophia
Mar 16, 2013 Sophia rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
It took me by surprise- though it shouldn't have- that young Demitri who was a minor character in the last few books got his story told in this one. Once it got going, I ached for this poor boy's lot in life and loved the special man that Ms. Richards picked out for his mate.

Demitri works in a diner to save money to move out of his bigotted parents' home and get a place of his own. His parents are bigotted on two fronts- his being a shifter and his being gay. The bigotry over the shifter thing l
Deirdre
Jan 21, 2016 Deirdre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet May and his December Silver Fox

May December romances are fraught with problems even before they begin. Why would either want to be with the other? Is the younger guy looking for a Sugar Daddy? Is the older man a cradle robber? Going through a midlife crisis? While the sex might be great - what else do they have in common? How soon before the younger guy tires of his older lover? How could the older man possibly keep up with the younger guy? Often the older man is subconscious about the sig
Alma Pagan
Mar 22, 2015 Alma Pagan rated it it was amazing
Kiernan Wabinaw is almost midpoint in his human life; he does not feel old but really somewhat lived and dinged up a bit. So why is it he can’t stop thinking about the handsome really young delicious waiter at the diner? It’s not a crime to want to be near him even if it is as a customer or to hear his soft breathy voice or see him smile with those glossy lips. Who says a man his age can’t fantasize about a cutie with beautiful striking eyes. When said cutie asked him on a date….yeah he was ...more
Liza Kay
Feb 10, 2015 Liza Kay rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I'm always waiting for the next books to get my fix of shifter-love ;)

This one was particularly enjoyable for me because I'm a sucker for the "strong, older, protective guy meets young man in trouble" scenario. Gets me every damn time. Plus, the cover was my undoing ;) This guy will always reminds me of Jay.

Demitri is in deep shit, with an unloving, controlling family, and a mate who comes to the diner where he works every so often. Although he's happy to find his mate at
Lasha
Freeing Demitri’s Wolf is book seventeen in the Wolves of Stone Ridge series by Charlie Richards. As with any long series, sometimes the plots and characters can get stale, but in this installment I found the pace picking back up and the series back on track.

With two of my all time favorite tropes in this novel, May-December romance and hurt-comfort, this book packs a little punch. Demitri is the May part of the equation, while Kiernan is the older man. If this wasn’t a paranormal book, I might
nulla rimane
Apr 23, 2014 nulla rimane rated it it was ok
Nope. The summary sucked me in––the writing had me running for the hills. It's bad.

The characters are pretty good, though, as is the concept. Young, abused werewolf x older, dominant human; intriguing enough of a dynamic that made me want to keep reading, even when the writing was a pain. Ultimately, I decided that I'd write something of my own, borrowing the dynamic from this story and hopefully giving it the justice it so dearly deserves.

Won't be reading the others in this series. Sorry.
Phaney
Mar 24, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
For a while it was really good. If you accept Kiernan’s focus on sex. Not a huge fan of his dominance either, but that happens a lot, so I can ignore it.

Then Kiernan had his meltdown and that was what really doused my enthusiasm. It still made for a nice story, no question there, but yeah. Through that it missed being entirely satisfying. In the end I feel a little sorry for Demitri, since the relationship feels just a tad uneven. And I did not need the scientists back story to be revived in thi
Mary Tillman
May 23, 2013 Mary Tillman rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, same-sex
I really like the diversity in the Stone Ridge wolf pack. And I like the cohesion of the characters from previous stories that thread the all of the books.

This one was a bit different in that the dominant of the couple was a slightly older human to the submissive and very young shifter. The 20+ year age gap did not put me off at all. I don't know if it's because it was a shifter story, two men, or what, but Kiernan and Demitri mesh well for me.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Much like Stormy Glenn, Charlie Richards infuses her stories with just enough intrigue and endearing romance to make it possible for to me overlook bad writing. Not great, but a pleasant way to pass the time if you're in the mood for some sappy m/m shifter fun. Be warned that Richards sucks at dirty talk. The sex scenes can be a little awkward at times.
Candice
2nd Read April 2015

First read 12-21-13
Demitri and Kiernan. I really liked Kiernan. I also loved how Demitri just went with things and didn't try to hide from Kiernan. His mate offered and Demitri took him up on it. It was nice to see that he didn't fight it. I also liked how Kiernan had someone to talk to at the end there. I think it really helped.
Pete W
Mar 26, 2013 Pete W rated it liked it
3.5 stars round down.

I felt that this was better written than the some of Ms. Richard recent released. The *conflict* was interesting and different than what I have read.

So, although it wasn't a big standout, it was enjoyable read. I didn't realize I was almost finishing book when I noticed that I was already at 90% which I think it is a good sign.
Angela
Apr 13, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
The characters were great, but I thought the plot with his parents thin and grasping at straws. Also Demitri's mate sounded kinda condescending at times. It was a fun read and excellent addition to the series though.
Veronica /  V
Mar 16, 2013 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
My favorite part of this sequel? The cover!! Oh boy Angela Waters for sure did a wonderful job, for that alone it's 5 stars.
This story was lovely, short as usual, perhaps I will read the 17 books at once, and that would stop me for complaining about the length of the stories ;)
~SexyBookWorm~
Great story just a little fast paced. Editing was also an issue. But I liked the age factor in the storyline.
omar viveros
omar viveros rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Kylia
Kylia rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Ckm66
Ckm66 rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Angelcake Ashley
Angelcake Ashley rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2013
Faustina
Faustina rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Booklover95
Booklover95 rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
FR4NC15
FR4NC15 rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Kaitlyn Moore
Kaitlyn Moore rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
  • Kallen's Atonement (Lost Shifters #25)
  • Never Say Never (Aberdeen Pack #3)
  • Running after David (Bird of Prey, #2)
  • To Kiss a Killer (Banded Brothers #5)
  • Alrik (C-7 Shifters #1)
  • Ben (The Atherton Pack #2)
  • The Kayan's Mage (Hunter Clan #1)
  • Revenge (Southwestern Shifters #8)
  • Cody's Revelation (Shifters' Haven #2)
  • Baptista (Resistant Omegas #11)
  • Forged in Steele (Brac Village #8)
  • Primal Instincts (Moonlight Breed #10)

Wolves of Stone Ridge (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)
  • Alpha's Prerogative (Wolves of Stone Ridge #2)
  • Accepting His Animal (Wolves of Stone Ridge #3)
  • Accepting His Human (Wolves of Stone Ridge #4)
  • Finding Balance (Wolves of Stone Ridge #5)
  • Goading the Enforcer (Wolves of Stone Ridge #6)
  • Through Dagus's Eyes (Wolves of Stone Ridge #7)
  • Loving the Enemy (Wolves of Stone Ridge #8)
  • Casey's Love Bite (Wolves of Stone Ridge #9)
  • The Wolf Biker's Mate (Wolves of Stone Ridge #10)