Start by marking “If Life Is A Game, These Are The Rules” as Want to Read:
If Life Is A Game, These Are The Rules

If Life Is A Game, These Are The Rules

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  706 ratings  ·  92 reviews
Inspirational advice is offered front and back on each card of this 50-card deck. Readers can post the beautifully illustrated cards in their home, office, or car to serve as reminders that success and personal well-being are up to the individual.
Published April 3rd 2002 by Hay House (first published July 15th 1998)

Ethar
كتاب خفيف
أسلوبه جميل، حكمه مقنعة وبسيطة

مناسب جدا كهدية لأولئك المتذمرين دوما وأبداً، بالإضافة إلى الذين مروا بقصص مؤذية ومؤلمة في حياتهم

يمكن قراءته خلال رحلة بالطائرة أو بالقطار =]
Reem_M_140A513
I found this book very useful, it is tremendously filled with helpful information, and from its name we can tell that it provides some kind of guidance and instruction.
It actually helps people or its readers to understand themselves, and others and the life around them, and it talks about human development and behavior, it is somewhat psychological but a bit more interesting, because it does not go deep into psychology, yet it gives absolute meaningful examples that are true stories to specify a
Brenda Deflem
Well...if it was all that easy, all we had to do was to read this book, live by the rules of life and all end up completely feeling zen and hopping around full of happiness. Something tells me it doesn't work that way. She definitely got some points in her writing, but she just makes it sound like a walk in the park; like a button you can switch on after reading the "golden manual" and if it's not successful, then you don't have the right attitude or didn't quite understand "the rules of life". ...more
Nancy Fuller
I love this book. This is a small easy to read book with very profound truths that make you really think. The rules also make you more aware of how you are living your life.
I highly recommend it to others
Tereca Moore
Great rules....way too "wordy."
CG Fewston
If Life is a Game, These are the Rules (1998) by Chérie Carter-Scott was first introduced as “Ten Rules for Being Human” in Chicken Soup for the Soul and has since spread its wisdom across the globe. The sage-like advice at times is simple and filled with common sense while at other times it penetrates deep into the soul of the human being capable of mindless mistakes or proactive change.

“While reading this book,” writes Chérie, “you will begin to see your life from a whole new perspective. If
Shaimaa Mohamed
Nov 05, 2011 Shaimaa Mohamed is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
اقرأ الان كتاب " إذا كانت الحياه لعبه ... فتلك هي قوانينها " ... عباره عن قصص إنسانيه حقيقيه مؤثره ... بعدالإنتهاء من قراءه كل قصه تجد ان نفسك قداكتسبت روح إنسانيه جديده ... و الجميل ان القصص لأناس من اديان مختلفه .. ما يجمعهم هو أنهم جميعاً " إنــــسان "
Sara
Very powerful read, very short - read it in a day and it was very inspiring.
Sandra
Nice easy read with simple reminders
FreshGrads .Sg
Have you ever wondered if life were a game, then what were the rules? If you did, this compact book of common sense and ten principles on how to get the best out of life is perfect for you.

As practical guide to one of her self-development workshops, Cherie Carter-Scott came up with her list of basic yet essential truths to life. She has a PhD in human and organisational development and for nearly 30 years, worked as a life coach, international lecturer, consultant as well as author. Her other bo
Gala Balaguer
I enjoyed reading this book very much. I feel that it is a book that I will be picking up again throughout the years for guidance. The sections that especially stood out to me were Willingness, Unattachement, Humor, and Clarity.
Bonnie S.
I have read this one many times. I have a highlighted copy next to my bed. I've just read it again, mostly the highlighted areas, which is just about the whole book. A great book to have and give as a gift.
Michelle J
A book worth reading. So many lessons to learn in this book in which that is what life is practically all about in every individual that crosses your path.
Sheree
I read this little book during a very confusing time. It helped to calm my "now" and helped me imagine a "new". I absolutely believe that making a list of my own needs - the needs God created in me - and list the characteristics of the people i needed around me allowed me to focus and create clarity. Without that I would have stayed in the pit of confused co-dependence. It's a vicious destructive place. She refers to the universe but for me that's easy to translate to God. Why ask the waiter how ...more
Aysha Altunaiji
So far so good . The book guides u toward the 10 rules of being human . It opens ur eyes toward things u thought u know
Dina
Wonderful motivational book on how to get the best out of yourself-i enjoyed it a lot.
Highly recommended
Jan
When I first flipped through this book, I thought all of the stories were by famous people, because I saw one by Nelson Mandela. However, he ended up being the only person I recognized in the book. These were stories by "real" people. Which doesn't make the book bad; it's just not what I was expecting.

That having been said, this book was pretty schmaltzy and sappy. And I'm pretty sure at least one of the stories was total BS. But there were a few kernels of goodness here and there. I didn't hate
Mari
Aug 10, 2010 Mari rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody who wants to make a dream into a reality
Shelves: own
Uh, I don't like the English title. I think the Finnish translation of the title describes this book better even though the Finnish one is also a bit "crazy" for me ("Onnistumisen aakkoset: 10 ohjetta, joilla tehdä hulluista haaveista täyteläistä elämää" - how to turn crazy dreams into fulfilling life); I have a Finnish copy of this book. It may be a platitude that success is what makes you feel successful but this book encouraged me to turn a dream into a objective (and sub-objectives) for whic ...more
Lilian
I couldn't finish the book the first time I read it because I kept crying. It just kept hitting home for me, and obviously, painfully, I needed to learn these "simple" rules if it kept affecting me that much.

This time I vowed to finish it. Nearly didn't, just took longer to read it all the way through. Some may think these tips or advice are very common or too simplistic, but that's why I find it harder to learn. Life lessons so simple, yet a lot of humans manage to forget.

I am putting this book
M Hassan Mahmoud
One of the books that I would like to read it again and again to remind myself of those MARVELOUS 10 rules :)
Delhi Irc
Location: GG7 IRC
Accession No: DL027273
Saja Elgredly
Simple calming and useful
Potro
A great read
Everything in this book I already knew; I simply forgot it! The wisdom in this book brought me back to universal truths that are true. I especially appreciated the part about accepting myself as I am as I have been harsh to myself over the years as if what my body looks or feels like is the barometer of my self-worth. IT IS NOT. I will refer to it frequently when I need to shine some light into remembering who I really am. This book is not a rule book to follow but a truth book to ge
تَــرُّو ❤
قراءة أولى2008
قراءة ثانية 2013-3-14
كنت أظن انه سخيف لانه اعجبنيي عندما كنت بال12 اوال11 من عمري
لكنني عندما وجدته قررت اعادة قرأته - لا أملك كتب هذه الفترة _ وكان ممزق الغلاف من الجهتين ولم اعرفه لكن قرأت بعض القصص وتذكرتها استمتعت به حتى بعد 5 سنوات ^^
تبدأ نسخة كتابي من صفحة 45
اي اني لا املك القاعدة الاولى /
وكنت اعتقد انهما كتابان كتاب إذا كانت الحياة لعبة فهذه هي قوانينها وكتابإذا كانت الحياة لعبة ... فتلك هي قصصها
ولكن اتضح انالمترجم -مشكورا- حرف العنوان.
ولا استبعد ان كان حرف شيئًا اخر
Kelly
compassion is the act of opening your heart.

if you absolutely hate getting stuck in traffic, chances are you need a little work in the area of patience. And, chances are you will get stuck in more traffic jams than someone who has no issue with patience. And not simply because the universe has a sense of humor. You will just notice the traffic more than someone who has no issues with it.

Imagine yourself at 90 years old, looking back on your life. What do you want to see?
Ghada
Good book but she states you'll probably forget the rules after you read them. you should remind yourself every now and then by the rules and practice them.
Kimberly
While I understand that life has a lot of contradictions, the contradictions in the examples given by the author were annoying and defeated some of her rules.
Diane
I came across this as I wandered through a book store at lunch. I think I've chosen badly, as I've just started this book, and it really seems to be beyond simplistic and lacking any insightful information. time will tell. (that line alone is more insightful than anything I've read in the book so far.)Really didn't read any more--nothing compelling in the initial pages to keep me interested.
  • Fat, Broke & Lonely No More: Your Personal Solution to Overeating, Overspending, and Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
  • If... (Questions For The Game of Life)
  • The Magic Lamp: Goal Setting for People Who Hate Setting Goals
  • Clutch: Why Some People Excel Under Pressure and Others Don't
  • Bobblehead Dad: 25 Life Lessons I Forgot I Knew
  • Wabi Sabi Love: The Ancient Art of Finding Perfect Love in Imperfect Relationships
  • Secrets of Mind Power: How to Organize and Develop the Hidden Powers of Your Mind
  • You Can Be Happy No Matter What: Five Principles for Keeping Life in Perspective
  • How: Why How We Do Anything Means Everything... in Business (and in Life)
  • A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose
  • The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Living Your Dreams
  • Family Wisdom from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
  • قصة كاملة لم يؤلفها بشر
  • Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals
  • Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style
  • No Man's Lands: One Man's Odyssey Through The Odyssey
  • What Would Buddha Do?: 101 Answers to Life's Daily Dilemmas
If Love Is a Game, These Are the Rules: 10 Rules for Finding Love and Creating Long-Lasting, Authentic Relationships If Success Is a Game, These Are the Rules: Ten Rules for a Fulfilling Life Transformational Life Coaching: Creating Limitless Opportunities for Yourself and Others If High School Is a Game, Here's How to Break the Rules: a Cutting Edge Guide to Becoming Yourself Negaholics: How to Overcome Negativity and Turn Your Life Around

“Remind yourself often that self-esteem is ephemeral. You will have it, lose it, cultivate it, nurture it, and be forced to rebuild it over and over again.” 6 likes
“The health benefits, both mental and physical, of humor are well documented. A good laugh can diffuse tension, relieve stress, and release endorphins into your system, which act as a natural mood elevator. In Norman Cousin's book, Anatomy of an Illness, Cousin's describes the regimen he followed to overcome a serious debilitating disease he was suffering from. It included large doses of laughter and humor. Published in 1976, his book has been widely accepted by the medical community.” 5 likes