Start by marking “Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)

Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits #1.1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  6,884 ratings  ·  771 reviews
Katie McGarry captivated readers with her "riveting, emotional"* Young Adult debut, Pushing the Limits. In this gripping novella, she tells the story of Lila and Lincoln, who discover that sometimes it's worth crossing the line for love...

ebook, UK Edition, 67 pages
Published April 1st 2013 by MiraINK

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

Kristalia
Final rating: ★★★★/★★★★★

“Thank you, Lila.”
Words are still hard, but I find the energy to ask, “For what?”
“For helping me find me again.”
“You were always in there. You just weren’t looking in the right place.” I pause. He’s not the only one who rediscovered himself this weekend. “Neither one of us were.”
“True,” he agrees and gathers me closer. “But we figured it out.”

I have to say that i remember very well story about Noah and Echo, but i am ashamed to say that i remember nothing of other ch...more
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

I just find it so sweet and old fashioned to fall in love over letter writing! Crossing the Line was a swoony short read that had me ooohing and awwing by the end. Love Katie McGarry’s writing!

We know Lila best as Echo’s long-suffering and loyal friend. She’s a peach in Pushing the Limits, and no one could ask for a better girl to have your back! What we didn’t know in Pushing the Limits is that Lila met a boy, Lincoln, at Aires’ funeral and made a lasting connection. Bonded together ov...more
AJ
This is a great little novella featuring Lila, Echo’s best friend from Pushing the Limits (one of my absolutely FAVOURITE reads last year).

I really liked Lila in PTL, and I loved this opportunity to get to know her a bit better. She seems very immature at times, but that’s part of her charm, and her starting to grow up and be strong is a big part of her story. Lincoln is a gorgeous character, with some major family issues of his own, and his and Lila’s history, and their story together, is abso...more
Christy
 photo a1b8ce5a-4e6e-4a12-aac0-99cd87e349f9_zps5f5e5a1d.jpg

We met Lila in ‘Pushing the Limits’. She is Echo’s best friend. Lincoln and Lila meet at Echo’s brother’s (Aries) funeral. Although that is the only time they have ‘met’ over the last two years, they have kept in touch through letters. A few letters every week. They know each other in a way no one else does, and they connect with each other on a bigger level.
We became friends through the letters, bonded by a shared dream of a college in another state, and then I fell for her. Could she have a
Ilze
"Is it weird that I feel close to you even though you’re hundreds of miles away and we’ve only met once? I hope not. I’m glad that you’re in my life."

description

I rarely read books which are less than 200 pages, but I thought I have to read this one, because Pushing the Limits was so good. And I am glad I did, I really enjoyed the story! Although Lila did not leave a big impression on me in Pushing the Limits I liked her in this story. It was really easy to connect to both of the charterers from the very f...more
Angela (:
Katie McGarry can do no wrong. ♥

I really enjoyed Crossing the Line, but not as much as Pushing the Limits, Dare You To, or Crash Into You. First off, it's TOO short. And second, I didn't love Lincoln as much as I loved Noah, Ryan, and Isaiah. Which of course would be because this novella was TOO SHORT. And it was predictable too (not just about th...more
Katy
2.5 stars - I love Pushing the Limits and Dare to You, so I was a bit disappointed after reading this novella. It was cute, but I was hoping to read more about Lincoln and Lila falling in love through letters or be more emotionally involved in them finally meeting face to face again.

Instead, I was reading about this ridiculous plot about a grown girl who can't spend a night by herself and the silly drama behind it all, as well as the stupid lie that I could care less about because it came from n...more
Cora Linn
I haven't read the first in this series, but I don't think I've missed out on much with this one. This is a fantastic novella in its own right and can easily be read independently.

I started to care about the characters within the first few paragraphs and really felt for them. That gave this short story quite a punch and made it stand out.

I loved how everything wasn't hunky dory straight away, it made it more real. Real life isn't perfect. I loved how there was conflict, rage, love, revenge... A...more
Catarina
This novella was so sweet!!
Lila was one of my favorite characters in Pushing the Limits. She was a fierce friend and supported Echo through everything even if it meant loosing social status or other people.
It was really good to see a story about her and Lincoln is a damn great guy.
Together they're the cutest couple!
But still... the best part was the little glimpse of Echo and Noah! ;)
If you read PtL you're going to love this one.
If you didn't read it... well, what the hell are you waiting...more
Nadd
Oct 27, 2012 Nadd marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Two teens who became pen pals after tragedy in their lives connected them, spend twenty-four crazy hours together, causing them to completely reassess their plans for the future and their unexpected feelings for each other.

I believe i'll find a new guy here, a new guy to sleep with. A new guy that will pain me to death and makes my heart melts~

description
Laci
I loved it, but then again I think Katie McGarry can do on wrong. You know how people are about KA well that's how I am about KM. I want more!!!! I love the way she writes and her stories are just absolutely wonderful. I can't wait for her next two books that I know are coming out. This was a fantastic short story, great read..2 Thumbs up!
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Nice story but finished rather abruptly at 83% which was quite disappointing.
Lola
I loved Pushing the Limits so when I heard Katie McGarry was writing a short story about Echo's best friend I knew I had to read it. I also knew it would be good, but I never expected to love it this much.

Lila and Lincoln have been writing each other lettters for 2 years now and this book describes what happens when they become more than friends. At first I felt like I was missing a bit of their backgorund, because we didn't got to read about their letters and how they became friends, but soon I...more
Christine
If you have been following my reviews then you know how big a fan of Katie McGarry I am. She is one of the most talented authors out there and her stories not only suck you in but once you are finished, they stay with you after. I read a lot of books and sometimes when you try to think back about them they tend to blend and converge, this is only natural.

But this is not the case with the books written by McGarry. I can still remember Pushing the Limits and Dare You To as if I read them yesterday...more
Jen at Reading Lark

It pains me not to give out five stars to Katie McGarry. I love her work so much that I feel like a traitor here... Crossing The Line was an interesting novella, and I think it had a lot of promise. My main issue with it was that it squeezed a lot of story into too short a space, which made some of the decisions of Lila and Lincoln seem far too rushed. In particular this reflected badly on Lila.

The premise of the novella is that Lila and Lincoln met at the funeral of Aires, Echo’s olde...more
Makii
“And then I wonder what it would be like if he really was falling for me, because Lincoln in real life is a million times more intense than Lincoln in letters... and I'm seriously falling for him.”

Me decepcionó un poco. Si bien mantiene un poco el estilo que venía de Pushing the Limits, creo que la historia prometía mucho mas de lo que en realidad fue.

Siento que me quedé con ganas de mucho mas! Entiendo que era una historia corta, pero como que realmente no entendí el fin de la misma. Podía hab...more
Carina
Rating: 3 Stars

My Opinion Of This Book: Thought it was okay.
________________________

Let me start off by saying that I love Katie McGarry's books. I'd have to say that this is my least favorite book by her. But I definitely do recommend this series, just not so much this novella.

THE GOOD.
~The Writing: I love Katie McGarry's writing style. It's so rich and filled with fantastic descriptions. I love how she manages to do the dual perspectives amazingly without any problem. I never get confused on...more
Angela
This has to be one of the better novellas I've ever read. The story wasn't rushed. It was short, yes and I hope to hear more from them. I wasn't a huge fan of Lila in the beginning of Echo's story. She seemed fake, but my opinion of her changed throughout Echo's book.
FreeBee
I love pushing the limits and I wish this was made as long story instead of Short .I can't barely remember who Lila is after waiting for so long for this to come out.I really like the story but it was really short and there are so many questions unanswered.
Iva
Finally, a YA I liked! Whyyyy isn't it longer???
I <3 Katie McGarry books!:)
Andreea Pop
I LOVED Pushing the Limits! Like really loooved it. It was an emotional rollercoaster and despite a ton of freaking sensations overwhelming me, I devoured every word from that book.

Lila was one of my favorite secondary characters from Pushing the Limits and she earnedmy respect when she didn’t let go of Echo, in spite of loosing some other friendships. She’s strong, caring and adorable. Plus, she’s mature and intelligent.

Holly (Holly's Reading Hollow)
This review and more can be found on my blog: http://hollysreadinghollow.blogspot.c...

Pre-read thoughts: Why does this have to be so short??? I would have enjoyed reading a full book on Lila! She wasn't a huge part of Pushing the Limits and having read the synopsis for Crossing the Line, I think a full book on her would be awesome! Boo.

Post-read thoughts:

Note: Crossing the Line should be read after Pushing the Limits.

This novella shows another side of Lila that we don't really get to see in Push...more
Aestas Book Blog
♥ COVER REVEAL for CROSSING THE LINE by Katie McGarry. This is an ebook novella featuring Lila, Echo’s best friend from PUSHING THE LIMITS. Release date: April 1st!

[image error]

Lila McCormick first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters—or that she’d fall for the boy she’s only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she fin...more
Katelyn
Well, I didn't think she could do it, but she has. Katie McGarry, you have firmly cemented yourself as one of my favourite authors. I must say, I loved Pushing the Limits so much, that I was scared to read on and continue this series, particulaly because I wasn't a big fan of Beth (who is the main character of the next book, Dare You To). However, Crossing the Line was free, so I got it. In so few pages, I was reminded of why I loved Pushing the Limits so much, and I fell in love all over again...more
Aman
Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

Lila is Echo's best friend and the only person who stuck up with her during tough times after Aires death and Echo's mother's psychotic incident. After finishing Crossing The Line, I still don't remember reading about Lila in Pushing The Limits, but that doesn't affect how I feel about this book; it stands on it's own and is a beautiful story about companionship and love.

Lila met Lincoln on Aires funeral; Lincoln having lost his older brother, Josh, in the same assign...more
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
I think sometimes things we don’t like happen so we can appreciate the good. Like, can I really enjoy a sunrise if I didn’t experience the darkness of night? Without her past, Echo would never have met Noah, and without her losing Aires, I would never have met you. So, yeah, I do mean what I said in the last letter. You are like a sunrise in my life.
~ Lila

This is one cute, little story. I think I didn't like it as much as the rest of Katie McGarry's books because it lacked the depressing touch....more
Tamara

I really liked Lincoln and Lila as a couple, they were so sweet! I loved their scenes. But everything in between? A bit silly, if you ask me

Everything resolves a bit quickly and nothing much happens but these things are normal for novellas. Even though there was enough story there for a full length novel it was still good and satisfying overall. I a...more
Bella

Novella about Lila and Lincoln.

I just finished Pushing the Limits and I don't remember there being any mention of Lincoln, so it was kind of a surprise to learn that Lila and Lincoln had been exchanging letters for over 2 years.

None the less, it was an enjoyable story. I felt Lincoln's frustration with his family, I felt Lila's fear. It left me wanting more. I guess that happens with most novella's....

Will definitely read more by this author.
This was a really cute novella. I am glad I read it, it was great to see what happened to Lila. I was also glad she gets her HEA. The only thing I wish for is that maybe there will be another novella or book for Lila and Lincoln. I felt the ending was very abrupt and there is so much more story there for these two. This was a quick and drama free YA read. Definitely worth the read if you have read Pushing the Limits.
Rebecca ♥ Mat Cauthon ♥
How is this connected to Pushing the Limits? Were these ppl in it? I dont remember.
  • Measuring Up
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Flirting with Maybe
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Secrets and Lies
  • Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Faceless (Denazen #2.5)
  • Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5)
  • Cloud Walking (Find You in the Dark, #1.5)
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • Faster We Burn (Fall and Rise, #2)
  • Perfectly Unmatched (Youngblood, #2)
  • Finding Cinderella (Hopeless, #2.5)
  • What I Didn't Say
  • The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)
  • Don't Hate the Player...Hate the Game
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo...more
More about Katie McGarry...
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3) Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4) Red at Night

“Is it weird that I feel so close to you even though you're hundreds of miles away and we've only met once? I hope not. I'm glad that you're in my life. ~Lila” 21 likes
“If it wasn't for Noah, Echo would need me more... she would still be insecure, she would still be obsessing over the scars on her arms. She possibly wouldn't have recovered her memory of the night she got them. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be moving on with her life. Damn him for being a great guy.” 16 likes