Start by marking “The Space Between (The Book of Phoenix, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Space Between (The Book of Phoenix, #1)

The Space Between (The Book of Phoenix #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,108 ratings  ·  152 reviews
New Adult Paranormal Romance by bestselling author Kristie Cook ** Mature Content ** Recommended for ages 16+ due to sexual situations and language

First installment of the Book of Phoenix series. Consistently rated in the top 25 New Adult & College Romance books on!

When Life Falls to Pieces, Answers Lie in the Space Between

Leni Drago can't make a smart decis
Published April 5th 2013 by Ang'dora Productions, LLC (first published April 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Space Between, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Space Between

Entwined with You by Sylvia DayJoshua's Tree by N.W. HarrisReal by Katy EvansLosing Hope by Colleen HooverTwisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
2013 Summer Reads
55th out of 927 books — 1,574 voters
The 5th Wave by Rick YanceyGameboard of the Gods by Richelle MeadMind Games by Kiersten WhiteThe Program by Suzanne YoungLet the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
First In Series (2013)
64th out of 1,023 books — 2,273 voters

More lists with this book...

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4+ Love, Souls and Dyads Stars

"One soul, one being. We shared thoughts and feelings and even a body, and although it sounded awkward, I felt as though we lived the most natural, most perfect existence. Like we were beyond human, above the selfish and greedy self-centered ways of this world. We were about us and them. There was no me."

We essentially live alone. In a huge world, we claim as ours a small piece of land and there only a handful of people who recognise us. But what if there was half o
I too had the honor too beta read for kristie . I can't give spoilers so it's just a simple OMG!!! I was stuck in the story from the start . I had a lot of emotions of yelling, crying, laughing and also swoooning . yess you dit it again kristie . I love you ...more
Heather McCorkle
This is a completely new take on the idea of a timeless love story with a paranormal twist unlike any other. The connection between the two characters is bone deep and resonates beautifully. I will never forget this novel. I can't say too much or I will give away the plot, which is mysterious and filled with fantastic ups and downs. Fans of Denise Grover Swank's CHOSEN series will love this.
I can say that this book is AMAZING! I am a beta reader for Kristie Cook and I cannot WAIT to share my review on this book with you!!!
Kate Wilson
Apr 05, 2013 Kate Wilson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 14 +
Recommended to Kate by: A group of close friends/Author
Shelves: new-adult
I’ve always wanted to go to Italy. Kristie Cook took me there and made me feel as if I had been there. On cobbled roads and in the theater where Leni Drago fulfills her ambition as a dancer, having a final farewell drink with her colleagues and heading off to meet up with her Uncle back in Georgia. On her return though Uncle Theo was nowhere to be seen and the house was empty except for one thing - a journal that can’t be opened. I traveled with Leni on more than the train.

Leni is one of the rea
Honey Warren
I loved the promise series so I was super excited for some new KC writing! She did not disappoint. This new world was cool and I can't wait to see where it goes. The love was hot steamy and intense. I love "love" like this, the all consuming kind. It's my fav!! Read this!
Julie Bromley
It completely blew me away! I love Kristie's writing, especially The Soul Savers series and this new series will blow your socks off! I can't recommend it enough to friends, family and anyone who will listen to me. 5 stars in nowhere near enough for this book! :)
Christina Silcox
Let me start by saying that Kristie Cook has managed, yet again, to make me blush with thoughts of her sexy men. Tristan Knight from her Soul Savers series hasn't left my book boyfriend top 5 since I first read his glorious name, and Jeric and Micah are every bit as ummm, memorable! This book had me entralled from the beginning, and drew me so deep into the world, that I laughed, cried, yelled, and felt along with the characters. The premise, and the storyline are written with perfection, puttin ...more
Elizabeth Isaacs
Let me just say this is on my top reads of 2013. Cook's extraordinary mind has created a unique story that is well executed and seen from four different perspectives. Ordinarily that type of writing drives me nuts, but Kristie Cook does an excellent job of creating a cohesive structure that seamlessly allows the story to unfold. The New Adult genre is perfect because it has a bit of a YA feel, yet tackles some adult content. Cook does not disappoint on either. If you are a paranormal romance fan ...more
I'm lucky enough to be a beta reader for Kristie and all I can say is WOW!! I don't want to give any spoilers and I'm not good at giving reviews without spoilers but seriously... this book is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! April 5th is the release date - HIGHLY recommended!!!!! Kristie has done it again!!
I had the incredible opportunity to beta read for this talented author.This books is super amazing! It kept me guessing and falling in love from the first page to the last! I can't wait for April 5
The Space Between by Kristie Cook

This novel is part one of The Book of the Phoenix. It is the story of Leni and Jeric, or so the reader thinks. As the book goes on, we find that it is not only their story, but the story of Jacey and Micah, Guardians, Warriors, who protect the universe from evil. So many mysteries and so much evil abound in their stories. The book is intriguing and hard to put down!

Leni and Jeric meet in Italy when Leni is dancing with a ballet troop there, a long time dream of h
Heather andrews
The moment I fell in love with Jeric was when the moment I found out he had nipple piercings and tattoos, yep not caring what type of person he was or anything of the kind the tattoos did me in. In this review I thought I'd try something a little bit different, breaking down the relationship of Jeric and Leni and the type of people they are, why because I've got some AMAZEBALL quotes that I loved and had me entertained! So Jeric has issues but he's totally caring, "You're okay?" he finally signe ...more
Im stuck between giving this 4 or 5 stars - I wish goodreads did half stars! but then again, I give it 4.5 stars, and then Jeric is just so...... so that will bump it up to 5 stars for me!

If you love the Soul Savers series, you will love this. The story starts with Leni finishing up a dance tour in Italy, when she bumps into Jeric and gets a strange feeling that they have a connection. They part ways at the airport and Leni returns home to find her Uncle (who she has been living with) has comple
Kendall {Book Crazy}
I originally saw Kristie's Facebook status asking if any reviewers would like to review The Space Between before it's release so I got in contact with her and offered to review it for her! Imagine my surprise when Kristie offered to squeeze me into her already full Blog Tour and give me an ARC of The Space Between! I may have squealed just a little! I freaking loved this book! The characters, the romance, the plot, the originality! It had everything to make it an amazing book! Everyone is going ...more
Rebecca Roth
Kristie Cook is one of my very favorite authors. I was worried, I didn't think anything could compete with her Soul Savers series, but she did it again! She has a style of writing that sucks you right into the book. You feel a part of that world and that of the characters. Every emotion they feel, so do you. This series is a totally different style than Soul Savers, but every bit as excellent. Not only do you get entrapped in the love and passion of one couple, but you get two!! Definitely swoon ...more
Claire Downes
The book is so exciting and has really had me pacing round the room! The twists and turns had me hopping up and down!
The story line transported me away and I fell in love with the characters.
This is a fab start to what I'm sure is going to be a wonderful series.
I cannot wait for the next book!
Peggy Martinez
This was the first book I've read by Kristie Cook. and I enjoyed it very much! Loved the characters, loved the plot, and can't wait to read more by this author! Kristie's writing is flawless and this is by far one of the best written books I have read so far in 2013!
S.T. Bende
Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVED this one! I've been a fan of Kristie Cook's since Promise (Soul Savers), and I was thrilled to pick up her new series. The Space Between is a New Adult Paranormal Romance, which is hugely exciting for fellow fans of New Adult looking to branch beyond contemporary romance. In The Space Between, Kristie Cook gives us all the heat and sizzle of a contemporary romance, with the extra excitement only a paranormal element can bring to the table. Leni is a fabulous heroine -- smar ...more
I have to admit I'm not big on reincarnation and etc... but this book sets itself apart in this category. You not only get captivated by Leni and Jeric and their chemistry, you also get sucked into how all that they know in their lives is disappearing. Add in a journal that documents the road that Jacey and Micah led more than twenty years ago and you're just positively intrigued- to the point you can't put this book down (I finished it at 3am!) Can't wait for the sequel!
Lisa Adams
Unbelievably creative story line! I have to say that Kristie has done it again. The idea behind this is unique... would love to say more but I really dont want to be one of those spoiler people!

I can say that the characters make you fall in love! I felt like I really connected with them. Really would love to connect with Micah... anyway...

You won't be disappointed!
I too had the honor too beta read for kristie . just a simple OMG!!! I was hooked right from the start . I had a lot of emotions of yelling, crying, laughing and also swoooning and emotional rollercoaster . yes you did it again kristie . This one will defo be a best seller ...
Unique and original. I loved loved loved Jeric. I want my own Jeric. i cant wait for the next.
I suffered through book, battling the desire to give it up. I hoped it would get better (taking into account all those oh-so-stellar reviews), but no, it got worse and worse.
First, who on earth might swoon over such a guy as Jeric??? All he did was accept propositions from random women - from air-hostesses to waitresses, he was worse, than a whore, because a whore at least earns her living, but he just behaved like animal (though maybe it's offence to animals - they behave better).
Second, th
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)

Wow, just wow! I simply fell in love with this book. The plot just blew my mind, there are no words that could give it the praise it deserves, but I'll try my best lol.

Kristie Cook just has a way with her words, the way she writes it brings the story to life. It'll have you devouring each page like you're starving for more, like you can't go on a moment longer without knowing what happens next. You become apart of the story, their lives become apart of you.

Right from the first
My review:

There are not enough words in English (and in Estonian which is my mother tong) to describe how much I loved this book. Kristie has done it again and written an awesome, magical and mesmerizing story! The plot is fantastic and the way she has waved it together is absolutely brilliant. Since I have read all her other books, I thought it might be difficult for her to surprise me, but she did it. Her storytelling skills are fabulous and I also found new things in her writing style.

Kristie Cook has always been wildly and amazingly creative, and The Space Between is no different! She's taken the classic idea of soul mates and added her fantastic spin that takes the connection to a whole new level. It's a love story on steroids with a supernatural foundation, and I loved every second of it.

The book alternates between the POV of two couples separated by over two decades. The characters are so real and each one has his or her own flaws which plays a pivotal role in the story
Kendra /Books Complete Me
Full review posted on Books Complete Me Unlimited 4/04/13:

Wow! What a roller coaster ride! Loved the ups and downs, made it very hard to put down. Can't wait for the next one to see what happens to Leni and Jeric!
Derna ~ BiblioBelles
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***

Paranormal books are not usually my first reading choice, but when it was pointed out that I may love this book because one of the main characters is a former cage fight well it was really a no brainer I had to read it.

When Jacquelena 'Leni' Drago and Jeremicah 'Jeric' Winters meet they are drawn to each other. They share a connection, a pull that they cannot explain, and when fate keeps bringing then together. They soon discover that they
  • Forgotten Suns
  • Near + Far
  • Ocean Kills (Ocean Breeze, #1)
  • Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Trilogy, #2)
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
  • Lash (Broken Angel, #1)
  • Escaping Darkness
  • Octavian's Undoing (Sons of Judgment, #1)
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • Return of the Ascendant (Ascendant, #1)
  • One Wild Night (Forever Wild, #1)
  • Voices of the Soul (Soul Seers, #1)
  • Azure (Drowning In You)
  • Even Villains Fall In Love (Heroes and Villains, #1)
  • Of Silver and Beasts (Goddess Wars, #1)
  • River's Recruit (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Warriors of the Heynai (Jake West, #2)
Kristie Cook is a lifelong writer in various genres, from marketing communications to fantasy fiction. Besides writing, she enjoys reading, cooking, traveling and riding on the back of a motorcycle. She has lived in ten states, but currently calls Southwest Florida home with her husband, three teenage sons, a beagle and a puggle. She can be found at
More about Kristie Cook...

The Book of Phoenix (3 books)
  • The Space Beyond (The Book of Phoenix, #2)
  • The Space Within (The Book of Phoenix, #3)
Promise (Soul Savers, #1) Purpose (Soul Savers, #2) Devotion (Soul Savers, #3) Power (Soul Savers, #4) Genesis (Soul Savers, #0.5)

“Eventually soulmates meet, for they have the same hiding place.” 1 likes