Start by marking “Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version” as Want to Read:
Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version

Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version

Spend a year reading the Bible with Max Lucado! In this Bible, Max Lucado will guide you through the Scripture day-by-day, with daily readings from the Old and New Testaments, Psalms, and Proverbs, plus a devotional insight.
Published September 19th 2006 by Thomas Nelson

Be the first to ask a question about Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version

Dec 31, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it
In 2008, my resolution was to finally read the entire Bible in one year. Today, I accomplished that goal. Spending time daily (or almost daily!) in the Word really added depth to my life and helped me to look at things in a new way, so it's a practice I hope to continue. Now, I will switch to my life application Bible, but this was a good version with which to begin.

Although the books are in the same order as usual, each day there is an exerpt from the Old Testament, Proverbs, Psalms, and the Ne
Marian E Silva
Water to a thirsty soul

God gives us what we need every day. Everything is in one place for a wonderful time of communion with our Sovereign Creator.
Paula
Dec 31, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing
Absolutely great! Max Lucado comments daily along with Bible readings !
Derek
Feb 17, 2008 Derek rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this for Christmas. It is a one-year daily read Bible with excellent commentary by Max Lucado. He uses the "New Century Version" which I really enjoy. I have never read this version before and it is really neat to compare with NIV and NSAB. I also really enjoy looking at the old Greek and Hebrew languages as compared to modern English, and Max does a great job explaining the translations and how and why certain words and names were used. I.e.[God changed Abram's name to "Abr ...more
Priscilla Dobbins
Flowing scripture study

From Max Lucado's introduction each day to the new testament reading this devotional book ties various parts of the bible together. It is clearly presented and brought some of the least familiar passages to my attention. I came away with lots of new insight and a desire to study further.
Charmayne
Dec 31, 2015 Charmayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great way to read through the Bible

I have read this book twice. It's a great way to read the Bible from cover to cover and I like Max's daily insights.
Katie
Sep 20, 2016 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not quite what I had expected. I was looking more for a book of devotionals. This came up in the search but is not the devotional format I was hoping to find.
Gayle
Mar 18, 2016 Gayle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
An inspiring devotioan

Each day starts with an excerpt from one of Lucado's books, a reading from the old testament, Psalms, and Proverbs, then a reading from the new testament. I actually took longer than a year, sometimes working on other Bible studies, but this is an good way to go through the Bible. One thing I like about this is it is about a 10-15 minute reading each day. I even paired it with readings from Beth Moore that were very short and I kept my study Bible close by when there were p
Linda
Jan 30, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite bibles. Great study Bible.
Owlboyle
Mar 11, 2016 Owlboyle rated it really liked it
awesome!
Kel
Dec 31, 2011 Kel rated it it was amazing
This was a great way to read through the Bible in a year! Max had a relevant excerpt from one of his books for every day that tied in well with the reading. I especially liked the way he organized the Bible passages: an OT reading, part of a Psalm and a Proverb or two and then a NT reading. I also enjoyed my chosen format. I downloaded a digital version of this book, so it didn't weigh a ton and I could easily carry it with me.
Teri Beckelheimer
Dec 31, 2012 Teri Beckelheimer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
A great way to read the Bible, one day at a time. Max Lucado very nicely gives the reader a daily reading from the Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and the New Testament. Each day opens with a short writing from one of Lucado's previous books and then a reading from each section of the Bible, completing the book in 1 full year.
Allison
Feb 26, 2012 Allison rated it liked it
Good chapter intros. I do not like this version of the Bible, so I'm going to use the template and read the intros, but use my NIV version.
Katrina
Dec 09, 2014 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great every day bible.. Still looking for a good catholic one.
Laurie Smedegard
Feb 13, 2011 Laurie Smedegard rated it it was amazing
This is a great way to start each morning.
Nicole Turturice
Jan 04, 2012 Nicole Turturice rated it it was amazing
Great Bible for daily study & devotion!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
T. J.
T. J. rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Theresa Golden
Theresa Golden marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Stefanie Rae
Stefanie Rae rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Anna Alexander
Anna Alexander marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Ann Stutz
Ann Stutz rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Isaac Raj
Isaac Raj marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Charles Roberts
Charles Roberts rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Pibesgdl
Pibesgdl marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Christian book rater
Christian book rater marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Beatrece Varga
Beatrece Varga rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Chere Vidmore
Chere Vidmore is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2016
Sonia M. Carrión
Sonia M. Carrión rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Randall Schwantes
Randall Schwantes rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
  • Answers to Tough Questions Skeptics Ask About the Christian Faith
  • Rise and Walk: The Trial and Triumph of Dennis Byrd
  • The New Answers Book 3: Over 35 Questions on Evolution/Creation and the Bible
  • The Face That Demonstrates the Farce of Evolution
  • Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice: Experiments in Spiritual Transformation
  • Leadership Promises for Every Day: A Daily Devotional
  • The Ultimate Proof of Creation: Resolving the Origins Debate
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Battlefield of the Mind Devotional: 100 Insights That Will Change the Way You Think
  • God Is Closer Than You Think: If God Is Always with Us, Why Is He So Hard to Find?
  • Tangled (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
  • Eyes on the Prize (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #43)
  • Ten Steps to Advancing College Reading Skills, Levels 9-13, Instructor's Edition (Townsend Press Reading Series)
  • The Peacemakers (American Family Portrait #8)
  • Prayer: A Holy Occupation
  • Andrew Carnegie and the Rise of Big Business
  • The Proverbs 31 Project
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...

“What you and I might rate as an absolute disaster, God may rate as a pimple-level problem that will pass. He views your life the way you view a movie after you've read the book. When something bad happens, you feel the air sucked out of the theater. Everyone else gasps at the crisis on the screen. Not you. Why? You've read the book. You know how the good guy gets out of the tight spot. God views your life with the same confidence. He's not only read your story...he wrote it. ” 280 likes
“A person is worth something simply because he is a person.” 5 likes