Start by marking “FAR/AIM 2007: Federal Aviation Regulations/Aeronautical Information Manual” as Want to Read:
FAR/AIM 2007: Federal Aviation Regulations/Aeronautical Information Manual

FAR/AIM 2007: Federal Aviation Regulations/Aeronautical Information Manual

The latest civil aviation directives from the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM) are gathered in this comprehensive reference. Regulations that have changed since the 2006 edition are precisely marked and all data is intuitively indexed by subject matter and accompanied by the correct docket source information. Retypeset for be ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc. (first published January 28th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about FAR/AIM 2007, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FAR/AIM 2007

Bobby
Apr 15, 2008 Bobby rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Whoever wrote the description for this book on goodreads is on crack.

Granted, it's not a novel but a reference book. Unfornately it's nearly impenetrable for anyone but seasoned veterens.

It's written entirely in legal jargon rather than plain english, and the system by which it's indexed is non-standard and arbitrary.
Adrika
Jul 27, 2010 Adrika rated it really liked it
I love the FAR AIM. Everything is very systematically written, in a language that's easy to understand. Rules and law never felt easier. The Indian DGCA must learn a thing or two from the FAA and develop a book a precise and easy to read as the FAR AIM. Very user friendly.
Smellsofbikes
Mar 19, 2011 Smellsofbikes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's not interesting, but it's sure comprehensive, all 1100 pages of it. I noticed this time that one of the drawings of take-off into high terrain (aka how-to-not-smash-into-mountain) has a mountain with a bunch of outsize Bullwinkle Moose characters drawn on it right in the path of the plane, which I thought was pretty funny.
Matt Hammer
Mar 13, 2012 Matt Hammer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure why this book gets so much hate. Yes, it's reference material and not a novel. Yes, it's pretty dry. But the information it contains is quite clear and invaluable to those of us lucky enough to fly airplanes.
Paul Belanger
Um, yeah, what can I really say about this reference material? If you are a pilot and have never read the AIM all the way through, then you should. There's a lot of material in here and everyone can learn something.
Justin Bowen
Feb 22, 2013 Justin Bowen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aviation
The FAR is necessary, but quite boring. The AIM section is actually good to read through and has some important info for all pilots.
Chris
Nov 14, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing
Cover to cover. For Piper Cherokee and further knowledge. I appreciate sop's and protocol. Wish I could afford flight time.
John Peterson
Jun 19, 2008 John Peterson rated it did not like it
Not interesting at all. Very dry... Flying regulations can put you right to sleep... ;-)
Kirk
This is the most exciting book I've ever read!!! EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT!!!!
Jon
Oct 02, 2007 Jon rated it did not like it
Shelves: aviation
Pilots gotta own it and gotta read it, but it's on the dry side :).
Gary
Feb 04, 2008 Gary rated it liked it
I actually have a much older version '90 I think.
Wagger81
Dec 16, 2012 Wagger81 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Terribly boring, but good information.
Reuben
Reuben marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
N
N added it
Sep 27, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
S A
S A rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Robert Christie
Robert Christie rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Jee Oh
Jee Oh rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Brice
Brice rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Marie Sha
Marie Sha rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Aaron
Aaron added it
Jun 06, 2016
Duncan
Duncan marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
mike iliesi
mike iliesi rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Tom
Tom rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Ibrahim Elsayed
Ibrahim Elsayed rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Justine
Justine rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2016
Igor Rodriguez
Igor Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Tim Hayward
Tim Hayward rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016