Start by marking “Usborne Time Traveler” as Want to Read:
Usborne Time Traveler

Usborne Time Traveler

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  599 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A one-volume edition of four time-travelling accounts which shed light on the life of typical families in ancient Egypt, Rome, medieval times and during the age of the Vikings. With full colour illustrations.
Published March 1st 1999 by E.D.C. Publishing (first published December 12th 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Usborne Time Traveler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Usborne Time Traveler

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWendall by Othen Donald Dale CummingsOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussAlexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith ViorstA Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
Books for six-year-olds
326th out of 374 books — 170 voters
Archaeologists Dig for Clues by Kate DukeFrom Akebu to Zapotec by June HathersmithA Child's History of the World by Virgil M. HillyerGeorge Muller by Janet BengeThe Great Wall Of China by Leonard Everett Fisher
1st Grade History & Geography
10th out of 13 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Ebookwormy
A great value! This book includes Usborne's:
Knights & Castles
Viking Raiders
Rome & Romans
Pharaohs & Pyramids

The schtick is that you have a special helmut that allows you to time travel to different periods. This is why they are in reverse chronological order. I'm not a huge fan of this.

Once you arrive in the time/ place/ period, you meet a family of the time, see how they live and observe their adventures. The characters are well done, and appropriately named and illustrated to give s
Eleonara
I used to LOVE this book when I was younger. Not only did I learn from it, but It entertained me- and my brother- for hours on end. "How?" you may ask,well it's not what most people would think. I mean, of course we read it some, but what we did most often and had the most fun doing was playing this game we made up with the book. We would each get a sheet or two of printer paper and each created a main character, we drew it in various sizes to match the different sizes of the drawings in the boo ...more
Alicia Carlson
Best elementary history book. Lots of color, interesting facts, social life. Must have for home schoolers.
Emmet Miles
Great history book!
Margaret
Nov 05, 2014 Margaret marked it as hardcopy-review-to-read
Recommended to Margaret by: Sonlight Core B
Rebecca
Another great by Usborne. My daughter likes the idea of putting on her time travel helmet in order to go back to the time we are studying. Great details and illustrations. So much to learn.

Note: We have only read through the Ancient Egypt section. Will update after reading other sections.
Pam
I used this book years ago with Sonlight's history curriculum with my child. It contains a surprising amount of information in an accessible format for young children. There is a picture that progressively changes from modern times to reflect each step back in time the book goes. This was a great visual for children to "see" historical changes.
Aneesa
The boys LOVE this book. We checked it out for a month and then another month, and then another month, and then I bought it on Amazon. Seriously, I'm not that interested in it--but they read it and learn, so I'm giving it 5 stars.
Ann
Wonderful detailed look at life in the time of the Vikings, medieval knights and castles, the Romans and the ancient Egyptians.
James
I didn't enjoy this especially. I think my class will though. I will put it on the class topic book shelf.
Christina
This book is definitely at the top of Max's list for favorite school books this year.
This is a great history books for kids! I highly recommend it!
Jennifer Dunne
A wonderful book to explain life in ancient times.
Abraham Ray
nice history book for kids!
Iwik Pásková
Iwik Pásková marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Jenn Rogers
Jenn Rogers marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Amie
Amie added it
Jan 24, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Amanda Simmons
Amanda Simmons marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Debbie Lester
Debbie Lester marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Briggy
Briggy marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
  • The Usborne Book of World History (Picture history)
  • Archaeologists Dig for Clues
  • Tut's Mummy: Lost...and Found
  • Child's History of the World
  • Good Queen Bess: The Story of Elizabeth I of England
  • Favorite Poems of Childhood
  • The Usborne Book of Living Long Ago (Explainers)
  • Greek Myths for Young Children
  • George Muller: The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Leading Little Ones to God: A Child's Book of Bible Teachings
  • Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess
  • Missionary Stories with the Millers (Miller Family)
  • Maps and Globes
  • Pompeii...Buried Alive!
  • The Little Riders
  • Dolphin Adventure: A True Story
  • Little Pear
  • The Sword in the Tree
Judy Hindley, who has written more than fifty books for children, has a special knack for capturing the language and subjects that delight preschoolers. Among her books are THE BIG RED BUS, THE PERFECT LITTLE MONSTER, and THE BEST THING ABOUT A PUPPY. She is also the author of the immensely popular EYES, NOSE, FINGERS, AND TOES and DO LIKE A DUCK DOES.
More about Judy Hindley...
Do Like a Duck Does! Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes Does a Cow Say Boo? Sleepy Places Baby Talk