Start by marking “Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Science” as Want to Read:
Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Science

Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Science

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Gravetter and Wallnau's proven best-seller gives you straightforward instruction, guaranteed accuracy, built-in learning aids, and plenty of real-world examples that will help you understand statistical concepts. The authors take time to explain statistical procedures so that you can go beyond memorizing formulas and gain a conceptual understanding of statistics. The autho ...more
Paperback, Sixth Edition, 592 pages
Published April 17th 2007 by Cengage Learning (first published April 1991)

Be the first to ask a question about Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Science

Pavol
I found the plot rather scattered and confusing. Half the characters are Greek, which makes it really hard to follow what’s going on and who is who. In particular, I found Pearson, Spearman and LeRegression to be somewhat underdeveloped, even though one might argue they are central to the story. However, I wouldn’t hesitate recommending this book to any student of human relations, since it has a lot of instructive material to offer here.
Colleen
I haven't read any other statistics books, and after this I don't think I will. It made no sense at the end it just seemed like they were mixing words and equations.
Even if you've completely forgotten high school math like me, this textbook will catch you up in no time. It really broke statistics down into logical steps with (what I really appreciated) explanations as well as examples.
Joecolelife
May 02, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com
Easy to read and understand, easy help on homework problems on odd numbers (let's you check figures), simplifies statistics (however, I would've preferred that the book actually uses the actual signs of the formula rather than use letters in place of a formula). Overall, its a great book and would definitely recommend it.
Lisa
Dec 19, 2009 Lisa marked it as to-read
Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Science by Frederick J Gravetter (2007)
Christine
It was good. Widened my stats knowledge. I am glad I don't have to read it anymore n
Willow
This is a fantastic statistics tutorial. Well written, makes it easy to learn. Fun!
Mneera
Jan 13, 2014 Mneera added it
Wor
Ramsey
Ramsey is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2014
Simone
Simone marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Kristy
Kristy added it
Sep 21, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Rush
Rush marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Kevinrafto
Kevinrafto marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Rine Le comte
Rine Le comte marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences Study Guide for Gravetter/Wallnau's Essentials of Statistics for Behavioral Science, 6th Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences, 8th Ed. Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Science, 7th Edition