Start by marking “Louisa May Alcott: Young Novelist (Childhood of Famous Americans)” as Want to Read:
Louisa May Alcott: Young Novelist (Childhood of Famous Americans)

Louisa May Alcott: Young Novelist (Childhood of Famous Americans)

Dear Reader:
The Childhood of Famous Americans series, sixty-five years old in 1997, chronicles the early years of famous American men and women in an accessible manner. Each book is faithful in spirit to the values and experiences that influenced the person's development. History is fleshed out with fictionalized details, and conversations have been added to make the sto
Published May 1st 1999 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Louisa May Alcott, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Louisa May Alcott

Marianne
Jun 04, 2013 Marianne rated it really liked it
A great book for kids to read about this amazing young novilest. In the book it talks a about Walden pond and Mr.Waldo Emerson's house. I have been to both places! I also got to go outside of Louisa may alocts house too!
Ryanhong
Jun 04, 2013 Ryanhong rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ryanhong by: Myself
Shelves: ps112, 4305, biography, history
1. What is the biography mostly about? Louisa May Alcotts' life as a girl.
2. What is not a fact from the book? Alcott wrote Little Women at the age of 7.
3. What happened after the last girl took the last slice of birthday cake? Louisa went wild and disrespected the girl.
4. Why did Papa hire a new assistant? Because during dinner, Elizabeth Peabody spoke rudely about Papas' school.
5. What was different between Louy and her classmates? Her classmates were calm and Louy was wild.
6. Predict what hap
Nicole
Jun 04, 2013 Nicole rated it it was ok
This book is about a girl named Louisa Alcott. She lived in Boston with her parents and her two sisters name Lizzie and Anna. Their father was a teacher and one day he lost his job. So the family of four became poor and had to move to Concord a city in Massachusetts. They had to make money by making clothes and doing things they never would have thought of doing. Louisa got older and by the time she was old enough to leave she wrote books and traveled to Europe to sell them and make money. She ...more
Elaine
Jun 04, 2013 Elaine rated it liked it
I'm always in the children't section of the library and I love reading biographies so when I saw these books about Alcott and Adams, two women I'm interested in learning more about, I checked them out. They provide a good foundation of knowledge and then hopefully one day when I have more time for reading, I can branch out and read more in depth books about them and others.
Agnes Budianto
Sep 14, 2015 Agnes Budianto rated it really liked it
Shelves: pinjeman
This book is really great, I never imagined I'd get many information from this book. Born in "wealthy" family, then living in the poverty, the Alcotts have been adapted to their life's condition. It is one's strength. I really like this book. Unfortunately, from all English books I've ever read, there are some typos in this book.
Nevada Libert
Jul 09, 2014 Nevada Libert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history
loisa may alcott is ssssuuuucchhh a good book,i love learning about her she inspires me to be like her, i love how she never stopped writing even when her health was bad.

will read again.
Julianna
Jun 04, 2013 Julianna rated it liked it
I think the author of "Louisa May Alcott" did a really great job describing all of the detailes about her life without being too wordy. Personally, I prefer fiction.
Nathaniel
Sep 13, 2015 Nathaniel rated it really liked it
I liked it. When she wrote "Little Women," she didn't think she'd like it. She wrote about more old books.
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Kathy DiDomizio
Kathy DiDomizio rated it really liked it
Mia Rynbrandt
Mia Rynbrandt rated it did not like it
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Aubery
Aubery rated it really liked it
Chloe Ireland
Chloe Ireland rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
kathleen
kathleen rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Erin Chase
Erin Chase rated it it was ok
♥☆~Lakshmi
♥☆~Lakshmi rated it it was amazing
Raquel
Raquel rated it it was amazing
Colors333
Jun 04, 2013 Colors333 rated it liked it
in her childhood she was verry dangers
Gabrielle Carolina Nash
Gabrielle Carolina Nash rated it it was amazing
Emilia
Emilia rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Pianodino
Pianodino rated it really liked it
Vanessa Roam
Vanessa Roam rated it it was amazing
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Elaine Cooper
Elaine Cooper rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Laura rated it liked it
Caleb
Sep 21, 2015 Caleb rated it really liked it
i liked it
Sueann
Sueann rated it really liked it
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in Glendale, California, Beatrice grew up in Southern California. After graduating from Pomona College, she worked in publishing near San Francisco. There she met and married Robert Gormley, and they moved to Massachusetts. They have two daughters.
Since age 9 Beatrice had wanted to become a writer. But it wasn't until after her children were born that she really focused on her writing. In 1
More about Beatrice Gormley...