Start by marking “Without Warning (Shaken, #1)” as Want to Read:
Without Warning (Shaken, #1)

Without Warning (Shaken #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  675 ratings  ·  22 reviews
On a day that begins like any other, a violent earthquake strikes Los Angeles, plunging the region into chaos. Two strangers, trapped in a collapsed shopping mall, find each other amid the rubble and join forces to escape. Hampered by injury and darkness, they dig and claw their way through one crumbled store after another, emerging long after most have given up hope for s ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Bella Books

To ask other readers questions about Without Warning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without Warning

And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenJericho by Ann McManThirteen Hours by Meghan O'BrienHow Sweet It Is by Melissa Brayden
Best F/F Romance Books
21st out of 560 books — 369 voters
Tropical Storm by Melissa GoodAbove All, Honor by RadclyffeHonor Bound by RadclyffeWithout Warning by K.G. MacGregorHunter's Way by Gerri Hill
Best Lesbian Novel Series
4th out of 60 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Hue
Wow. I never thought I'd ever find Korrasami feels in a novel. But need I say more? This hit closer to my heart after being still not over The Legend of Korra and the awesomeness that Korra and Asami is canon.

Anna, a mechanical engineer, car-geek, and Lily, a creampuff, sweet-ball of mush. Ugh. Don't miss out and better read this.
Cheri
Jan 18, 2015 Cheri rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lesbian romance lovers
Shelves: reread, romance, lgbtq
I broke down and bought the 4 book bundle with the entire series. Still love Anna & Lily!

***finished a reread and it's still one of my absolute favorites. The chemistry and humor are just great. ***

7/17/14 - need an old favorite to listen to while working. I pick this one!
Jill
Nov 19, 2009 Jill rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lonely lesbians
Shelves: glbtq
This book proves that lesbian fiction as a genre isn't all terrible. Most of it is, and even the better stuff like this makes me roll my eyes and giggle at the silliness, but I haven't read much hetero romance, so maybe it's all like this. Still, this book has a great premise and is fun and engaging, albeit somewhat predictable. However, far from making it boring, the predictability is more reassuring and satisfying, like your favorite homestyle meal.
Cab
I really enjoyed this story. The flow and character development had be sucked in from the beginning. I'm tempted to read the others in the series right "now" but I have to at least finish one of the other books I've started reading.
Megzz
I can understand why people would like/love this book, however it didn't do it for me. I stopped before having read half of it. I guess it's a matter of taste for this one: the storyline is original, I admit. Two people finding each other in the midst of a disaster caused by an earthquake... but I was disappointed at how actually short the "action" part was. I was expecting more danger, more suspense, more.. intensity, I guess.
Also, I didn't like the characters at all. I found Lily to be extrem
Jen
Brief summary:

Lily is a bleeding-heart, poorly-paid, lesbian lawyer. Anna is a silver-spooned, apparently-straight, unhappily-married car salesman. They get trapped in a mall in an earthquake and bond before being rescued, then one day they run into each other by chance and then they become best friends forever. Lily's friends try to warn her away from falling for the straight girl, while Anna's friends and family all think they're embarking on a big lesbian post-divorce romp. They banter and g
Summer
Honestly, I'd give this book 2 1/2 stars instead of just 2, but true to the rating system here on Goodreads, this one was just okay for me.

While I love the premise of the book- two women from completely different lives are forced to come together in order to survive in a collapsed mall that's just been hit by a massive eathquake, find love and strength, and live happily ever after- the execution could use a little work.

First, I had to take a step back during the earthquake aftermath part... it'
Nom N
I finally read up to Shaken #4, and feel like it about time I review this.
After reading the book's description, I expected the story to be all about getting stuck in an earthquake, and the ending is the part where they finally get out. I was horribly wrong when the earthquake predicament doesn't last that long. The rest of the story is about a typical romance, a coming out story, with two people from different class and social status.

Still, I did enjoyed it, otherwise, I wouldn't read it up to
YC
I was expecting more actions and how they survived through the disaster and that could have been a better setting to fall in love? That was my only disappointment but overall, it was a very light and easy read; a good book for a relaxing weekend.
Opolitlo
The first half was awesome, very exciting as they try to make their way through the wrecked building. But the other half bored me. I'm quite disappointed.
Stephanie
Really, really, really like these books! I just bought the fourth one in the series. I have basically read one a day since I started "Without Warning". Which is unheard of for me with my work schedule! I just found them extremely enjoyable. The characters are very well developed. The emotions are genuine and it's just a really enjoyable, nice read! Perfect for the Beach!!
Maxine
Read all 4 books in the shaken series and loved them all, do love a bit of romance :)
Janet
KG MacGregor is one of my favorite authors. She took a story that she originally wrote on line, had it published in a book called "Shaken" and now has published it again, this time in an expanded form in which she plans to make it a series. I love these characters and am glad that she is expanding on their life together.
Nikki
Re-read this one super quick, just like the last time I read it. I didn't love it *as* much as the last time. I think I've gotten pickier the more I've read. But I still loved the characters and couldn't stop myself from reading the entire series. Again.
Gill
I enjoyed this superior lesfic; it shows that KG MacGregor has been writing for some time and has honed this story. The characters are likeable and the chemistry between them is apparent from their first meeting in the tangled aftermath of an LA earthquake.
Simone
Fantastic book! One of my favorites! It's cute with the right amount of romance. I dig the way the author fast forwards the story; but wish we could have some of that dialogue in those missing scenes. Love these two characters!
Bett
Lynnabelle
This is the revised version of the Shaken Series os stories, with only the first third of the original book. She cleaned it up nicely and it's a fantastic read!
C.J. Reid
Emma
OMG I love this series of books! I will keep read those over and over !! Looking forward for next book!! :)
Pipsqueak97
Loved it. I just couldn't stop reading once started.
Anna
Very much enjoyed!
Dipanita Roy
Dipanita Roy marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Christina Saw
Christina Saw marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
  • Devil's Rock
  • None So Blind
  • Backwards to Oregon
  • Battle Scars
  • Tropical Storm (Dar and Kerry, #1)
  • Beginnings (I Found My Heart in San Francisco, #2)
  • Wasted Heart
  • Madam President
  • Jericho
A former teacher and market research consultant, KG MacGregor holds a PhD in journalism and mass communication. Infatuation with Xena: Warrior Princess fanfiction prompted her to try her own hand at storytelling in 2002. In 2005, she signed with Bella Books, which published the Goldie Award finalist Just This Once. Her sixth Bella novel, Out of Love, won the 2007 Lambda Literary Award for Women's ...more
More about K.G. MacGregor...

Shaken (4 books)
  • Aftershock (Shaken, #2)
  • Small Packages (Shaken, #3)
  • Mother Load (Shaken, #4)
Aftershock (Shaken, #2) Small Packages (Shaken, #3) Out of Love Mother Load (Shaken, #4) Worth Every Step