Start by marking “I Miss You, Stinky Face” as Want to Read:
I Miss You, Stinky Face

I Miss You, Stinky Face (Stinky Face)

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  154 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
In this second Stinky Face title, Mama is away and tells her son that nothing can keep them apart. Through the boy's lively imagination, Mama braves hungry sharks, terrible pirates, spaceships lost in time and much more to assure her son that nothing can keep her from coming home to him.
Published February 1st 2004 by Scholastic (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about I Miss You, Stinky Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Miss You, Stinky Face

Huda
Oct 07, 2014 Huda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: en-pic-books
Why would any mom call her child "stinky face". I wish if I can take that from this fun book. Reminded me so much with Abla Arwa's "مساء بدون أمي".
Jade Kuhn
Aug 03, 2013 Jade Kuhn rated it liked it
Good morning readers! I wanted to apologize for not posting in the last 4 days. I have had my nieces and trying to keep 2 pre teenagers and my 6 year old son equally entertained all at the same time has been a challenge. Please bare with me as I post the reviews throughout the day for the last 4 days as well as today.

McCourt, Lisa. I Miss You, Stinky Face. Illustrated by Cyd Moore. New York: Scholastic Inc., c1999.

A mother is talking to her son assuring him her speedy return on an airplane. The
Meg Bell
May 02, 2011 Meg Bell rated it really liked it
When I graduated from high, I was given this book by my boyfriend at the times mother (Cyd Moore). She is the illustrator of this and many other children’s books. I moving away to college and was fearful of leaving my family and friends behind, but this book always had a way to cheer me up and make me smile. The book presents a dialogue between a mother and son on the telephone, and the imaginative boy questions how his mother will make it back to him. With detailed explanations and illustration ...more
Laura Sanford
Jun 27, 2015 Laura Sanford rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-books
A sweet book for any mom who spends time away from home. I travel for work and I love this book. My three-year-old son knows I go to the airport but he's unclear about what happens after that (including when I call him from the road). This is a touching reminder that Mom will fight any obstacle to get back home to her kiddo(s).
Ashley
Jun 15, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-flora
Flora loved saying "I miss you, stinky face!" after I read this to her
Barbara
Naturally, children and parents miss each other when they are separated. This sweet board book provides reassurance that Stinky Face's mother will be back as soon as she possibly can, and that nothing can prevent her from getting back as quickly as she possibly can. The lively colors and simple text show various adventures and challenges she faces on her journey home, but readers will also note her determination. After all, there is no place as welcoming as one's home.
Mikana
Sep 21, 2015 Mikana rated it it was amazing
A beautifully illustrated story.
Heather
Jun 17, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
We liked this one as well, but not quite as much as I Love You. Still has the same wonderful illustrations, same zany imagination, but seemed a little more forced.

Continues the same theme of wondering if your parent will love you if they're gone. A sweet story.

It really bothers my kids that they can't figure out if it's a girl or a boy. Oh well.

Abbie
Aug 30, 2007 Abbie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children, toddlers
Shelves: emmabooks
I first saw this book on the PBS show "Between the Lions." I just loved how Emma picked up on the "But Mama..." line. After seeing it on TV, she just walked around saying "But Mama. But Mama."
We then checked it out of the library and she made me read it to her every possible chance.
Any book that can keep a 2 year old that attentive deserves an "amazing" rating!
Fatima
Apr 18, 2011 Fatima rated it really liked it

The story book illustrates a lovely dialog between a mother and her son in a fun way. It shows a strong relationship between both of them. I suggested for second and third grade children as well as for second language learners to build up their language proficiency.
Roberta Snyder
Nov 29, 2012 Roberta Snyder rated it liked it
This a beautiful story about a mother's love and her immagination. I love the back and forth diagolue between mother and son. I think children love hearing about all the things a mother would do to get back to them. A very sweet story with beautiful illustrations.
Christy Ward
Sep 24, 2008 Christy Ward rated it liked it
My son heard this book read on 'Reading Rainbow' awhile back. We checked it out at the local library and read it very quickly after returning home (twice!) cute story with interesting what-if's.
Darcy Vandeman
Nov 20, 2013 Darcy Vandeman rated it really liked it
Awesome book. I didn't like it quite as much as the first, "I love you stinky face" but still really enjoyed it.
Sasha
Jul 31, 2011 Sasha added it
this is such a wonderful story to read to your kids. i still can't get throuh it without tearing up!
Rachelle
Apr 18, 2011 Rachelle rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this to my boys while they were little. I think we read this everyday.
Keli Wright
Jun 25, 2008 Keli Wright rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Keli by: saw it at the thrift store
cute picture book!
stephoncarroll
stephoncarroll rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Larry
Larry rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Nancy Willard
Nancy Willard marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Kim Amberg
Kim Amberg rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Popeye
Popeye rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Kathy Koehn
Kathy Koehn marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Rincy Antony
Rincy Antony rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming
  • Winners Never Quit!
  • More Spaghetti, I Say! (Hello Reader, Level 2)
  • Pigsty
  • Crickwing
  • National Geographic Readers: Volcanoes!
  • Not Norman: A Goldfish Story
  • Spooky Hour
  • Milk & Cookies
  • The Story of Easter
  • The Aristocats
  • Lambert the Sheepish Lion (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Grandfather Buffalo
  • Where's My Mummy?

Stinky Face (7 books)
  • I Love You, Stinky Face
  • It's Time For School, Stinky Face
  • Merry Christmas, Stinky Face
  • Happy Halloween, Stinky Face
  • Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?
  • It's The 100th Day, Stinky Face!