Start by marking “I Miss You, Stinky Face” as Want to Read:
I Miss You, Stinky Face

I Miss You, Stinky Face (Stinky Face)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  12 reviews
In this second Stinky Face title, Mama is away and tells her son that nothing can keep them apart. Through the boy's lively imagination, Mama braves hungry sharks, terrible pirates, spaceships lost in time and much more to assure her son that nothing can keep her from coming home to him.
Published February 1st 2004 by Scholastic (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about I Miss You, Stinky Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Miss You, Stinky Face

Jade Kuhn
Good morning readers! I wanted to apologize for not posting in the last 4 days. I have had my nieces and trying to keep 2 pre teenagers and my 6 year old son equally entertained all at the same time has been a challenge. Please bare with me as I post the reviews throughout the day for the last 4 days as well as today.

McCourt, Lisa. I Miss You, Stinky Face. Illustrated by Cyd Moore. New York: Scholastic Inc., c1999.

A mother is talking to her son assuring him her speedy return on an airplane. The
Meg Bell
When I graduated from high, I was given this book by my boyfriend at the times mother (Cyd Moore). She is the illustrator of this and many other children’s books. I moving away to college and was fearful of leaving my family and friends behind, but this book always had a way to cheer me up and make me smile. The book presents a dialogue between a mother and son on the telephone, and the imaginative boy questions how his mother will make it back to him. With detailed explanations and illustration ...more
Heather
We liked this one as well, but not quite as much as I Love You. Still has the same wonderful illustrations, same zany imagination, but seemed a little more forced.

Continues the same theme of wondering if your parent will love you if they're gone. A sweet story.

It really bothers my kids that they can't figure out if it's a girl or a boy. Oh well.

Abbie
Aug 30, 2007 Abbie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children, toddlers
Shelves: emmabooks
I first saw this book on the PBS show "Between the Lions." I just loved how Emma picked up on the "But Mama..." line. After seeing it on TV, she just walked around saying "But Mama. But Mama."
We then checked it out of the library and she made me read it to her every possible chance.
Any book that can keep a 2 year old that attentive deserves an "amazing" rating!
Fatima

The story book illustrates a lovely dialog between a mother and her son in a fun way. It shows a strong relationship between both of them. I suggested for second and third grade children as well as for second language learners to build up their language proficiency.
Roberta Snyder
This a beautiful story about a mother's love and her immagination. I love the back and forth diagolue between mother and son. I think children love hearing about all the things a mother would do to get back to them. A very sweet story with beautiful illustrations.
Tara
This was a neat story! The little boy has a great imagination as he goes through anything and everything that could come about on his mother's journey home. The illustrations are lovely and will definitely cause some giggles!
Christy Ward
My son heard this book read on 'Reading Rainbow' awhile back. We checked it out at the local library and read it very quickly after returning home (twice!) cute story with interesting what-if's.
Darcy Vandeman
Awesome book. I didn't like it quite as much as the first, "I love you stinky face" but still really enjoyed it.
Sasha
Jul 31, 2011 Sasha added it
this is such a wonderful story to read to your kids. i still can't get throuh it without tearing up!
Rachelle
I loved reading this to my boys while they were little. I think we read this everyday.
Keli Wright
Jun 25, 2008 Keli Wright rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Keli by: saw it at the thrift store
cute picture book!
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Emily Leeds
Emily Leeds marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Ameryn
Ameryn added it
Dec 07, 2014
Peyton
Peyton marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Lavonne
Lavonne marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Michele Peterson
Michele Peterson marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Crickwing
  • Not Norman: A Goldfish Story
  • Winners Never Quit!
  • More Spaghetti, I Say! (Hello Reader, Level 2)
  • Pigsty
  • Wynken Blynken And Nod
  • Spooky Hour
  • Pirates Go to School
  • Miss Spider's Wedding
  • Sharks! (National Geographic Kids)
  • Birds
  • Milk & Cookies

Stinky Face (7 books)
  • I Love You, Stinky Face
  • It's Time For School, Stinky Face
  • Merry Christmas, Stinky Face
  • Happy Halloween, Stinky Face
  • Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?
  • It's The 100th Day, Stinky Face!
I Love You, Stinky Face Merry Christmas, Stinky Face Happy Halloween, Stinky Face The Most Thankful Thing Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?