Start by marking “No Quarter (Quarters #3)” as Want to Read:
No Quarter (Quarters #3)

No Quarter (Quarters #3)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,894 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Gyhard and Vree have abandoned the Empire for the kingdom of Shkoder, hoping to enlist the bards' aid in finding Gyhard a body of his own. But there are those who have more insidious plans for them--those who will stop at nothing to exact revenge upon Gyhard no matter whose body he's in.
Published April 1st 1996 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about No Quarter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Quarter

May 11, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, novel
The second and third installments in Huff's Quarter series take place nearly twenty years after Sing the Four Quarters and expands our view of that world. Fifth Quarter begins with a pair of sibling assassins in the army of the Havakeen Empire. When they're sent to take out a target, they walk into a situation that takes them away from everything they've known and changes their lives forever, a story that doesn't really find a resolution until the end of No Quarter. I've decided that Tanya Huff ...more
Kristy Halseth
Apr 14, 2016 Kristy Halseth rated it really liked it
There are only four books in written in this wold. I really liked them and have always wished there were more books. This is a nice conclusion to the original trilogy and book 4 always feels tacked on and more of a stand alone book.
Barbara ★
After returning her brother Bannon's soul to his body, Vree grabs Gyhard's escaping soul and brings him into her body. Now she must discover a way to find him a usable body that doesn't involves someone dying. So a journey to Shkoder is undertaken with the hope of finding a bard who can help them.

I think this was the best of the series so far. I really liked how Vree and Gyhard's meshed as one and yet maintained their individuality while waiting to be separated. I liked Magda and Gerek and hope
T J
May 16, 2014 T J rated it really liked it
The walking dead are at it again and the Vree/Gyhard have teamed up with the Bard to put the end of their walking. Great read and off to the next book of the series, THE QUARTERED SEAS!
Ward Bond
Nov 01, 2014 Ward Bond rated it it was ok

Annotation

Lync Lync
Dec 21, 2015 Lync Lync rated it it was amazing
Haunting resolution of the trilogy started with 'The Four Quarters'.
(The fourth book in the series is a not-quite-sequel.)
Samantha
Aug 04, 2015 Samantha rated it really liked it
I love this series so much. You have to have read the second book to understand this one but assassins, bards, necromancers need I say more.
Neeuqdrazil
I really enjoy these books. I like how the stories intertwine, and characters from one stream join with characters from another. I also really love the world that Huff has created.
G33z3r
Sep 04, 2012 G33z3r rated it it was ok
Shelves: sword-sorcery
This third book in Huff's Quarters series is an improvement on the previous angst-laden "Fifth Quarter", but still wasn't as much fun as the first in the series, "Sing the Four Quarters". "No Quarter" brings back the cast from the second book (Vree, Bannon, Gyhard, Karlene), and adds Magda & Gerek, the children of Anice who starred in the first book. It has a bit more humor than the second book, though is still a bit too full of wounded psyches for my taste.
Jeremy Preacher
Jan 04, 2012 Jeremy Preacher rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
No Quarter pulls the first two books together and wraps up the Bannon and Vree drama. It's not bad - a quick read, and a more nuanced look at Shkoder (which is, incidentally, the single worst fantasy place name that I think I've ever encountered.) It's nice to get some closure, although I still don't really buy the central romance.
Edie
Jun 21, 2012 Edie rated it really liked it
I liked this better than Fifth Quarter (which I liked well enough but not as much as Fourth Quarter). And I liked this one better because there is more action and a better understanding of how the fifth kigh works. I just really like the whole concept of the ability to Sing the elements.
Haldoor42
Jan 28, 2014 Haldoor42 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it very much and now want to find the last book in the series
Wynne
Jan 09, 2011 Wynne rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Probably my favorite out of these books, have read it many times, just finished reading it again. And have added it to my 'to buy on kindle' list, now the paperback will be donated to my library!
Susan
Sep 22, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
first read as a new-release in 90s
first logged re-read 11/17/1999
reread 4/26/2015
Atenea-Nike
Jan 30, 2010 Atenea-Nike rated it liked it
Light fantasy, entertaining, easy to read, but not insulting the reader's intelligence.
Maree
Mar 24, 2013 Maree rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Good story - I always love Tanya Huff's characters. This one's an old old favorite.
Jai
Sep 23, 2012 Jai rated it really liked it
i like this series, takes a while to catch for me but an interesting tale...
Kyle
Jan 30, 2012 Kyle rated it really liked it
Oh gosh, reading this after 10 or 12 years is a trip.
Lisa
Feb 21, 2012 Lisa added it
No Quarter (Daw Book Collectors) by Tanya Huff (1996)
Helen
Mar 31, 2011 Helen rated it it was amazing
#3 Felt like endm all of 2's issues resolved well
Leesa
Mar 11, 2007 Leesa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every good fantasy fan
Excellent series
Nicolle
Jul 30, 2007 Nicolle added it
Shelves: favorites
reread in 2007
Bryanna Reid
Bryanna Reid rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2016
Diane Mac
Diane Mac marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
April
April rated it liked it
James
James marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy added it
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Jeen
Jeen rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
  • The Eagle & the Nightingales (Bardic Voices, #3)
  • The Blackgod (Children of the Changeling, #2)
  • The Legend of Nightfall (Nightfall, #1)
  • The Granite Shield (Branion, #3)
  • Sword and Shadow (Sword in Exile, #3)
  • The King's Own (Borderlands, #2)
  • Point of Dreams (Astreiant, #2)
1967
"Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia: Although I haven't actually lived "down east" since just before my fourth birthday, I still consider myself a Maritimer. I think it's something to do with being born in sight of the ocean. Or possibly with the fact that almost no one admits to being from Ontario…

Raised, for the most part, in Kingston, Ontario. It was the late sixties, early to mid seventies. Enough s
More about Tanya Huff...

Quarters (7 books)
  • Sing the Four Quarters (Quarters #1)
  • Fifth Quarter (Quarters, #2)
  • The Quartered Sea (Quarters #4)
  • Three Quarters: A Quarters Collection