Start by marking “A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)” as Want to Read:
A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)

A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)

KC and Marshall are helping out with the baby tigers at the National Zoo when they meet a new friend, Sunwoo from China. Sunwoo’s father is lending the zoo a precious jewel called the Tiger’s Eye to raise money for endangered tigers. But during the zoo’s big party, the lights suddenly go out. And when they’re turned back on, the jewel is missing! Who stole the Tiger’s Eye? ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Thief at the National Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thief at the National Zoo

Sam Kuntz
Jan 29, 2016 Sam Kuntz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KC and Marshall meet a new friend named Sunwoo. Sunwoo is with her parents and she is bringing a special jewel that has been in Chinese history for a long time that is said to bring good luck. They
brought it to the National zoo in WA D.C. during the ceremony the jewel was stolen. They have to
prove their friend non guilty and find out who really did it.
Verkizen
Mar 26, 2014 Verkizen rated it liked it
Capital Mysteries #9 : A Thief at the National Zoo by Ron Roy is a pretty darling beginning chapter book. It's a mystery that focuses on the theft of a "Tiger's Eye" jewel that's been loaned to the National Zoo for a year. The main characters of the Capital Mysteries are twelve year old KC--stepdaughter to the President--and her friend Marshall. I actually picked this book up because I loved the photos of the main characters on the back (particularly Marshall). I'll admit to being a tad bit disa ...more
Dolly
Aug 22, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are working our way through the Capital Mysteries series and we are just about caught up with the latest. A few more to go and then we'll have to wait for more. This story didn't engage our girls quite as fiercely as some of the other stories, so it took us several days to finish it. Otherwise, it was an entertaining story and our girls have asked several times to go to the National Zoo. It will have to be one of our next day trips (after we're finished moving in, of course!)
Ingrid
KC and Marshall are helping with the baby tigers at the National Zoo. The president of China comes to lend a precious jewel to the zoo to raise money for endangered tigers. The jewel is stolen from a reception and KC and Marshall must solve the mystery and find the stolen jewel. I think that this is a fun mystery for younger readers. There is some information about endangered tigers and the National Zoo at the end of the book.
Luke Ewell
Jan 04, 2015 Luke Ewell rated it it was ok
Shelves: 3rd-grade
After being at a party for the tigers, the kids find out that somebody has stolen the tiger eye. It brings good luck and is a rock of amber with emeralds inside. They find out it was one of the workers at the zoo. I like the zoo in DC that we go to and it is the same one in this story. My favorite thing to see there is invertebres, seals and the Reptile House.
Sydney
Feb 13, 2004 Sydney rated it it was amazing
when kc and her friend help out with the baby tigers and meet the new tiger from china named sung woo and this person lends the zoo a jewel called the tiger's eye while the zoo has a big party and then the lights go out and it turns back on and when they see that the tiger eye is missing.
Haley Judi
Jul 23, 2013 Haley Judi rated it liked it
I checked this book out of the library. I just felt like reading a short mystery book. Usually some of these mystery books can be dumb but this one I liked.
Amy
Apr 14, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-sfic
Another excellent tale in the Capital Mystery series, this book deals with a crime at the National Zoo.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
When a light goes off at the party a thief takes the tigers eye. The tigers eye give good luck to tigers. L. A.
Gina
May 07, 2011 Analin added it
AWESOME
Caleb
Feb 03, 2015 Caleb rated it really liked it
I liked it. They bring this jewel from China and it gets stolen and Casey and Marshall have to find it and they have lots of suspects.
Ashley
Nov 21, 2010 Ashley added it
it was a really good book. i mean i love tigers so i really enjoyed this book.I hope you enjoy this book just like i did.
Kaytee
May 31, 2015 Kaytee rated it liked it
mr. chew's emerald was going missing. then KC had a idea so she had a telephone and speaked to the theif with a grone up voice and he had it.
Payton
Jun 15, 2013 Payton rated it really liked it
Its how this valueble emerald covered in amber was supposed to come in the zoo for a year but it got stolen.
Luca
Oct 10, 2011 Luca rated it really liked it
That idiot.
Brenner
Brenner rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Riddhi Kumar
Riddhi Kumar rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Sourav Chatterji
Sourav Chatterji rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
Harshitha
Harshitha rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Lara
Lara rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2009
Jeffrey W
Jeffrey W rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2011
Margot
Margot rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2008
Quỳnh Hươngie
Quỳnh Hươngie rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2016
Winter
Winter rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
Sedona Haverlock
Sedona Haverlock rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
John Akinsanya
John Akinsanya rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2011
Patricia Mclelland
Patricia Mclelland rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2012
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • The Mystery of Flight 54 (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #12)
  • The Zombie Project
  • Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang (Nate The Great)
  • The Case of the Gasping Garbage
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Slippery Salamander (Encyclopedia Brown, #22)
  • Beware! It's Friday the 13th (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #13)
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • The Secret at Jefferson's Mansion (Capital Mysteries, #11)