Start by marking “To Be a Kid” as Want to Read:
To Be a Kid

To Be a Kid

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Unquestionably, to be a kid is the most exciting thing to be. With a foreword by Martin and Chris Kratt, creators of the PBS series Kratts' Creatures and Zoboomafoo, TO BE A KID presents the best parts of growing up. Filled with beautiful photographs, TO BE A KID celebrates kids as they play and learn, as they spend time with their friends and family, and as they discover ...more
Published July 1st 2000 by Charlesbridge (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about To Be a Kid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Be a Kid

Jacquelyn
Genre: Nonfiction Reading level: Ages 3-8
This book, filled with wonderful photos, is an excellent introduction for the young child to the beauty of the world, its cultures, and its people. There are a few words on each page, but many pictures with captions indicating the country of origin. The various scenes depict family life, school, recreation, and art. The first two pages contain a map of the world and an introduction by the familiar faces from PBS’s series Zoboomafoo. At the end of the book
Linda
Lots of pictures and a few well chosen words help children (and older folks) realize how much we have in common, yet how unique each person is. A great book to share with a child (or grown-up) you love.
Cheyenne
Great pictures and book about kids from around the world and how they are all the same. I love the babywearing picture!
Sheniqua
This book is all about kids. It contains beautiful photos of kids from all around the world doing the same activities but in different ways. I would use this book in a geography lesson about the seven different continents and to also talk about similarities and differences in individuals and families. This book has definitely become one of my favorites!
Mommywest
Wonderful book that shows children how they are like children from other parts of the world. Simple text and lots of great photos show children doing things like being with family, going to school, and more, and make this book perfect for kids of any age! Foreword by Chris and Martin Kratt. Preschool Unit: Friends in Many Lands
Brooke Jenkins
I love stories that are told through pictures. Cultural differences are so complex and emotional that images are the only way to do them justice. I also loved how The United States was represented through a variety of ethnicities and cultures.
Katherine Scholl
This is a great book. It includes many gorgeous pictures of activities children do around the world. This is a good book to teach young students about different cultures around the world.
Betsy
A great photographic representation of kids being kids all around the world. Back matter includes a bit more information on the various topics covered.
Finny
Mommy says: My kids liked seeing other kids in different countries being kids.
Mia Obiwo
Great story that has kids (brothers and sisters) from all around the world.
Gail
Multi-culti trend book. My daughter liked the pictures, though.
Colleen
Let's Go to School - unit 1 & 2
Nonfiction
Brie
Brie added it
Jun 28, 2015
Christie Sellmann
Christie Sellmann marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Debra J
Debra J marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Jenn P
Jenn P added it
Feb 13, 2015
Clint Henry
Clint Henry marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Chase Ivosic
Chase Ivosic marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Trey Veazey
Trey Veazey marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014