Start by marking “Tippy-Toe Chick, Go!” as Want to Read:
Tippy-Toe Chick, Go!

Tippy-Toe Chick, Go!

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Ruff-Ruff-Ruff-Ruff-Ruff! There is a big grumpy dog blocking the way to the garden! What can Hen and her three chicks do? The sweet itty-bitty beans and potato bugs (this family's favorite treat) are in the garden. And Hen and her chicks are Hungry!

Hen, Big Chick, and Middle Chick are no match for Dog. And Little Chick? Well, Little Chick is too little. Or is she?

When you
Published January 21st 2003 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Tippy-Toe Chick, Go!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tippy-Toe Chick, Go!

Deborah
Dec 28, 2011 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks for the book. We all have been enjoying it and it has earned a spot in the littlies book box in their bedroom. I also am thinking of using it in my Creative Movements dance class. I think my dancers would enjoy running around tippy toe like chick.
Larissa
Jun 23, 2015 Larissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shannon, George, and Laura Dronzek. Tippy-toe Chick, Go! New York: Greenwillow, 2003. Print. Ages 8+ Tippy-Toe Chick, Go is a really fun book to read. This story has five main characters. Four Chickens, as well as a dog. This book is a story that describes and goes through the journey of four chickens wanting to get food as well as getting past their obstacle, which is the dog. The first two smaller chickens didn't make it through, but the smallest one made it through because he was so fast and ...more
Mar 01, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mama Hen and her three little chicks are heading to the garden for breakfast just as they do every day, when they find a nasty surprise: a big scary dog lies between them and the garden! Mama Hen is ready to give up and wait for chicken feed (blech!) but her chicks aren't so fast to retreat, especially Little Chick. What chance does Little Chick have against a big dog though? Plenty when she puts her mind to it!

While the text doesn't rhyme or have strict rhythm throughout, there is an internally
Nell Adams
This story is about a Hen and her two little chicks. Every day after the dew is gone they go to the garden and get their favorite food. Those were sweet itty-bitty beans and potato bugs. One day after they finished their chores they went to get their favorite treat but something was in their way. A dog would not let them through. The littlest chick had a good idea to run as fast as she could so the dog would chase her. She ran around the tree until the dog got tangled. Then they were able to get ...more
Alice
Apr 24, 2015 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
This was a cute book and I liked it until the end. I felt bad for the dog wrapped around the tree with his leash. I liked the pictures but because I felt bad for the dog...I couldn't rate it higher.
I love the ruff-ruff-ruff and the tippy-toe , tippy-toe
Christopher Poston
This children story is about how the little chick shows how brave she is when trouble comes around.

This book is amazing on showing how courage and quick thinking can help to get out of sticking situations.
Bahar Mahooti
very cute story for children under 6... and even older! the illustrations match perfectly with the story and the age level :)
Melissa
Jan 22, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: luke-read
Cute with a nice message
Melanie
A hen and her three chicks, Big, Middle and Little, are taking their daily walk to the garden for a treat. On this day, along the way, they encounter a dog which has no intention of letting them pass. Big and Middle Chick each take a turn trying to scare the dog away. Each is unsuccessful. Then Little Chick tries. Little Chick is fast and is able to make the dog tie himself around a tree, thus enabling the family to get around the dog and into the garden for their treat.

Not a great book, but cut
Alma Loredo
Hen would always take her chicks to the garden to eat. Today there was a dog that would not let them by so they would just have to wait for the chick feed. They were all disappointed. The two older ones tried but nothing worked. The littlest chick asked to try and ran toward the dog that chased her around the tree. She called time to eat and they happily followed. This is a great book to build self-esteem because no matter of your size you can still always accomplish things.
Mary Beth
Apr 07, 2009 Mary Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rabbit-and-bear
Oh my gosh, what a fun and enjoyable book! Rabbit loves this book and says "tippy toe" at all of the appropriate times! Fun!
Janin
Apr 02, 2012 Janin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a cute story promoting curiosity, cleverness and quick thinking. My boys enjoyed the repetitions and the sounds.
Aspasia
Oct 05, 2009 Aspasia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-aidan
Little Chick isn't afraid of a mean, grumpy dog!
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2016
Lindsay Yanoff
Lindsay Yanoff rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Aschelle
Aschelle rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Bambi Pea
Bambi Pea rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Karie
Karie rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016