Start by marking “Itsy Bitsy, the Smart Spider” as Want to Read:
Itsy Bitsy, the Smart Spider

Itsy Bitsy, the Smart Spider

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Meet one brainy spider who’s tired of getting washed off that famous waterspout—and decides to do something about it! Figuring there must be something she can buy that will do the trick, Itsy Bitsy heads to the nearest store. But with only a dead fly to trade with, it looks like she may be out of luck. However, being a spider who thinks outside the web, the spunky insect p ...more
Published March 30th 2004 by Dial (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Itsy Bitsy, the Smart Spider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Itsy Bitsy, the Smart Spider

Sam
May 19, 2016 Sam rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
If you're looking for a change to the standard song or playing it to a slightly older than toddler crowd, here's your book. Spiders always have an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Brothers
Feb 04, 2016 The Brothers rated it liked it
Great spin on an old nursery rhyme. Honestly, why didn't the spider ever figure out a way not get to washed down the spout? Illustration are not that great.
Vicki
This would be a great book to sing to the tune of the original version of the rhyme. Teaches a great lesson on working hard to get what you want-something most of today's children could use as a lesson! Side note this is about the 8th book in the Shelf Challenge 2013, 1st one that needed book repair (taping) and found a rubber cement type glob on another page.
Lara
Itsy Bitsy is tired of getting wet and decides to do something about it. Kind of a clever concept, but I didn't love the execution. The illustrations seem uninteresting to me, and the story itself...I don't know. It just doesn't really work for me. I'd give this one a miss.
Kayla Quinn
I thought this book can help children understand problem solving. It can also teach children how to be responsible with a very small portions of money. The spider had to save up money in order for him to get a cover up to protect him from the rain.
Paula
The spider from the famous nursery rhyme gets a job in order to buy a cover that will keep her dry and prevent her being washed down the water spout again.
Nicole
Oct 12, 2013 Nicole rated it it was ok
Great because you can sing through it with the traditional song, but the illustrations and companion story aren't that engaging.
Angie
Sep 30, 2011 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
I do like the lesson here ... if you want something you go out and work for it!
Kristie
I can't read this book~ I've gotta sing it every time!
Debbie Hoskins
Fun for storytime classes
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jun 02, 2016
Michaelyuri
Michaelyuri rated it it was ok
May 21, 2016
Shaelyn
Shaelyn marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jan 29, 2016
Melina Kinder
Melina Kinder rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Sioma
Sioma rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2015
Allie Lu
Allie Lu rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Julianne
Julianne rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
Justine Goeden
Justine Goeden rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Tanisha James
Tanisha James marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Oct 15, 2014
Taarna
Taarna rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Holly Jameson
Holly Jameson rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014