Start by marking “The Gadgets (Alex Rider)” as Want to Read:
The Gadgets (Alex Rider)

The Gadgets (Alex Rider)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,095 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
- Brings to life the gadgets like never before
- Detailed descriptions of how each gadget works, including specific Alex Rider Adventure references
- Detailed blueprints of each gadget
- A fun stepping stone for fans eagerly awaiting the new Alex Rider novel
Published April 20th 2006 by Philomel (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Gadgets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gadgets

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterStormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally CarterHeist Society by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
Worlds Greatest Teen Spy Novels
138th out of 390 books — 233 voters
Fledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreThe Maze Runner by James DashnerArtemis Fowl by Eoin ColferRussian Roulette by Anthony Horowitz
Books Like Alex Rider
281st out of 379 books — 177 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle
May 03, 2016 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Read this review and more on my blog.

This is such a fun, quick and easy read!

Alex Rider: The Gadgets go through the numerous gadgets that were created by MI6 for Alex Rider's use during his first 6 missions (and first 6 books).

It includes blueprints for each gadget collected in this dossier as Smithers calls it, from the Multifunction Games Console to Project Ark Angel.

As a small book (only 60 pages), all its purpose is to be a guide of sorts to allow people who have read the Alex Rider series a
Lesley
Mar 04, 2016 Lesley rated it really liked it
This book seemed to do just what it says on the tin, and I would think any young person who'd read the novels would enjoy it. I thought it very clever and credible, though I can't tell whether the technology and science would be feasible. I very much enjoyed how the gadgets are non-lethal, and designed into everyday items that a teenager might carry around. In addition, Smithers' introduction and emails are full of character!
Sarah (Just One More Chapter)
Nov 12, 2013 Sarah (Just One More Chapter) rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 12+
Recommended to Sarah by: Series
Although I knew this book would be short and expository in nature, I was excited to pick it up in order to see a few of the interesting gadgets Alex employs in his missions. I was disappointed. It did exactly what it advertised: showed a blueprint of the gadget described with information about its design, features, and uses. Still, it left out many of the gadgets I found particularly interesting, and included one from the CIA which wasn't even in any of the books. Most of the actual writing was ...more
mikey
Nov 13, 2015 mikey rated it really liked it
it is awesome and i like it because if you have it on hand you can look up the gadgets and see what they look like. it also gives you the run down on the gadgets.
Rubi
May 18, 2014 Rubi rated it it was amazing
All I can say is, it was really cool to see how Alex's gadgets "worked" or potentially could work ;)
the drawing were amazing! :D
Kirito
Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider: The Gadgets book by Anthony Horowitz is a popular book for kids. Unlike the other books I commented, this book is like a non fiction type book but fantasy. This book talks about the equipment that Alex Rider used in the first 5 books. It'll describe very carefully about the gadgets Alex Rider had used in the first 5 books.

I picked up this book because I thought it would be just as good as the Alex Riders chapter books.

I finished this book because I wanted to. It w
Roy Dinson
Feb 25, 2015 Roy Dinson rated it it was amazing
this book had the gadgets used by alex rider in hi missions
this was a super book i had liked this one
Charles Petersen
this book was interesting as it showed all the gadgets and how they were used and made. all these gadgets that the book had shown were used by alex rider on his different missions.
Rachel Lightwood
Apr 19, 2016 Rachel Lightwood rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the "Alex Rider" series
Recommended to Rachel by: My little brother.
Shelves: middle-grade, 4-star
Quirky and original. Perfect for fans of the Alex Rider series but otherwise probably not worth reading. Completed with detailed analyses of the various "gadgets" - or "covet weapons", as Smithers prefers - from Alex's first five missions (Stormbreaker to Ark Angel) its well-written and a good read. The techno-speech explaining how the "gadgets" worked could have been downplayed a little more but I loved how into was introduced by Smithers, and overall I would definitely recommended it for Alex ...more
Mii
Apr 02, 2015 Mii rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read!
Derek Asmus
Mar 12, 2013 Derek Asmus rated it liked it
Alex Rider The Gadgets is a very interesting book that tells about the parts and tools that he has used. These parts were designed and also worked for the things that the tools were designed but they were also used for more destructive purposes that saved his life. As you can tell this book is a very good book for people that like spy things.
Veronica
I absolutely love the book series, and this brought the amazing gadgets to life! Very intriguing, it makes you wonder if some of these things are possible. I'm so glad that someone took way too much time and effort, looking far deeper into Alex's gadgetry than anyone probably ever intended, because I loved this! Absolutely fascinating!
Emma
Oct 21, 2008 Emma rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who's interested in the Alex Rider gadgets, or just gadgets in general
I love Smithers' inventions/gadgets! They are so cool and they always help Alex, even if they seem really weird. Go Smithers! This book isn't terribly exciting, just blueprints of Smithers' inventions that assisted Alex, from Stormbreaker to Scorpia, and their descriptions. But it's still pretty cool.
Rachael
Jun 04, 2011 Rachael rated it liked it
Just like the title says, this book explains how each of Alex's gadgets work. Smithers is writing this breakdown of the devices for Alan Blunt (doesn't tell us why). It's cool looking at these gadgets and seeing how they work, but, with Smithers describing them, it's a little too wordy.
Charlotte
Jul 27, 2008 Charlotte rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: boys
i think that this book is a boy book because as i was reading it i wasnt toltally sure aobut the surroundings and got quite confused.
Jori Richardson
Dec 14, 2012 Jori Richardson rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Alex Rider fanatics
Recommended to Jori by: my brother
I suppose if you are an absolute fanatic of the Alex Rider series, this book will be interesting. But otherwise... honestly, who cares?
Catalina Sennett
Jul 17, 2010 Catalina Sennett rated it liked it
I had so much fun looking through this. All of Smither's inventions from the first few books! I love the pizza one. Fun.
Jessika
Jan 19, 2011 Jessika rated it liked it
Well I checked this book out at the library and it is good if you have read the series but isn't all that fantastic.
Shalom Tse
Dec 07, 2010 Shalom Tse rated it it was amazing
Now I finally know how the Invisible Sword works, but my favourite gadget that the Smithers made is Bad Boy Bike
Elijah
Jun 14, 2012 Elijah rated it it was amazing
Only for those who really would like to see what some of the gadgets from the books would look like in real life.
George Balageorge
This book give great detail on why this gadget is great. Not because this is great gadget.
Kira Brighton
Sep 07, 2014 Kira Brighton rated it really liked it
I LOVED this insight into the series. Seriously, the spy tech in Alex Rider is one of my favorites.
Connor
Aug 31, 2010 Connor rated it it was amazing
This book is an adrenaline rush. I would recomend this book to people who like mysteries.
Linda Pearl
i did not read this book i don't now who put this here someone did....................
McKay
Oct 19, 2008 McKay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I want to hire Smithers to make some of these gadgets for me. Check it OUT.
Navinj
Mar 05, 2011 Navinj rated it really liked it
Really good book about the gadgets and weapons of the series
David
Jun 04, 2009 David rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Just a misc. book about another book. FOR NERDS ONLY!
Edwin Chen
Dec 11, 2010 Edwin Chen rated it it was amazing
fun cool gadgets. I wish some of it were real in our techology
John Barchard
Dec 15, 2009 John Barchard rated it really liked it
Yay! Now I know how to make a stun grenade!
How useful.
Abraham Ray
Apr 30, 2015 Abraham Ray rated it really liked it
nice book of gadgets from the book series!
Woo Sports Device 1 3 Oct 10, 2014 01:19AM
  • Alex Rider, Mission Files

Alex Rider (10 books)
  • Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)
  • Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4)
  • Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider, #8)
  • Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9)
  • Russian Roulette: The Story of an Assassin (Alex Rider, #10)