Start by marking “Death at the Wheel (Thea Kozak, #3)” as Want to Read:
Death at the Wheel (Thea Kozak, #3)

Death at the Wheel (Thea Kozak #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Thea Kozak is back in Kate Flora's third novel as the heroine tries to find out about a horrific accident at the local auto race track. From crooked rednecks to suspicious bank frauds, meddling relatives, and psychotic ex-lovers, Thea faces some hard prospects.
Published November 1st 1996 by Forge

To ask other readers questions about Death at the Wheel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death at the Wheel

Jen
Apr 29, 2009 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the crime fiction genre
So...I'm taking a writing class with the author, and read the book during this time, so my review is a bit tainted with that knowledge, and is a bit haphazard.

First of all, I didn't realize that this was the third in the series. It wasn't until I neared the end that I noticed this. During the reading, I had some questions that weren't answered, and I think it's because there's background that was set up in the first two books. Blurbs on the cover compare Thea (the main character) to Sue Grafton
Ann
Thea is an educational consultant, an occupation which doesn't immediately bring to mind a rough and tumble private
eye character -- but she manages to get a lot of action in her 'spare time' The running story line has her in a partnership with a close friend, running their own business consulting and advising schools, her somewhat dysfunctional family interfering with her life, she has some close friends on the police force including a pretty yummy boyfriend and she is a stubborn investigator wh
Melissa
Book #9 read in 2012

Normally, I really enjoy Thea's spunk, but I found myself getting annoyed by her thoughtless, risky behavior. I do, however, enjoy the secondary characters in Thea's life.
Nikki
Thea Kozak investigates what at first appears to have been a freak auto accident, but turns out to be murder, with many fascinating and repellent ramifications.
Holly
Fun series, perfect for a Kindle on a trip
Pat
May 15, 2011 Pat added it
Thea Kozak
francis wolfgang
francis wolfgang marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
William Jr.
William Jr. is currently reading it
Apr 07, 2015
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Delores Alger
Delores Alger marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Dynila
Dynila added it
Jul 31, 2014
Margaret Dee
Margaret Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Linda Lawrie
Linda Lawrie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Kate Flora grew up on a chicken farm in Maine where the Friday afternoon trip to the library was the high point of her week. She dreamed of being able to create the kind of compelling, enchanting worlds of the books she disappeared into every week, but growing up in the era when “help wanted” ads were still sex-segregated, she felt her calling was to go to law school and get the job they told her ...more
More about Kate Flora...

Thea Kozak (7 books)
  • Chosen for Death (Thea Kozak, #1)
  • Death in a Funhouse Mirror (Thea Kozak, #2)
  • An Educated Death (Thea Kozak, #4)
  • Death in Paradise (Thea Kozak, #5)
  • Liberty or Death (Thea Kozak, #6)
  • Stalking Death (Thea Kozak, #7)
Playing God (Joe Burgess, #1) Chosen for Death (Thea Kozak, #1) Death in Paradise (Thea Kozak, #5) An Educated Death (Thea Kozak, #4) The Angel of Knowlton Park (Joe Burgess, #2)