Start by marking “The Carl Rogers Reader” as Want to Read:
The Carl Rogers Reader

The Carl Rogers Reader

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This remarkable collection provides a personal look at Rogers' youth, marriage, and aging, and also addresses personal growth, education, and "client-centered therapy."
Published August 16th 1989 by Mariner Books (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Carl Rogers Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Carl Rogers Reader

GONZA
Interestingly, only that, like all collections of articles and essays, has the problem of being repetitive. However, the clinical cases are well defined and offer excellent support to the theoretical part.

Interessante, soltanto che, come tutte le raccolte di articoli e saggi, ha il problema di essere ripetitivo. Comunque i casi clinici sono ben delineati e offrono un ottimo sostegno alla parte teorica.
Steve
I'm inspired by the very human approach Rogers advocates for psychological therapy, education, and society. He would rather have people come together as equals in a co-learning process of growth, than engage in the defeating practice of a hierarchical relationship in which "truth" is transmitted from superior to inferior. This book brings together a variety of essays, book excerpts, and lectures which help survey his work and thought.
Melanie
I really wanted to read more than just bits and pieces of this book, but perhaps I will be more successful on a second attempt. What I did read I found pretty fascinating stuff.
Andrea
Though it can be a bit dry at times, the Rogers Readers is the essential collection of Rogers' thoughts. A must read for any psychology student.
Val Reyes
If you want to see Carl in action, this book shows dialog that was recorded. You can acually follow the process. Once again, this is a MUST READ!!!
Julie Bennett
A great selection of Rogers works.
Esmael
Esmael marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Nemanja
Nemanja marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Tracey Wear
Tracey Wear marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Shaun
Shaun added it
Nov 15, 2014
Salah
Salah marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Lisa Jackson
Lisa Jackson is currently reading it
Nov 11, 2014
Gabe
Gabe marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Maha
Maha marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Hani Sharabash
Hani Sharabash marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
  • Motivational Interviewing: Preparing People for Change
  • New Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis
  • Home is Where We Start From
  • Grunch of Giants
  • Psychoanalytic Diagnosis: Understanding Personality Structure in the Clinical Process
  • The Language and Thought of the Child
  • The Essential Jung: Selected Writings
  • Every Day Gets A Little Closer: A Twice-told Therapy
  • The Mystery Of Consciousness
  • Play Therapy
  • Schema Therapy: A Practitioner's Guide
  • Madness Explained
102062
"Experience is, for me, the highest authority. The touchstone of validity is my own experience. No other person's ideas, and none of my own ideas, are as authoritative as my experience. It is to experience that I must return again and again, to discover a closer approximation to truth as it is in the process of becoming in me." -Carl Rogers, On Becoming a Person

DEVELOPED THEORIES - THERAPIES
Person
More about Carl R. Rogers...
On Becoming a Person: A Therapist's View of Psychotherapy A Way of Being Client Centered Therapy: Its Current Practice, Implications and Theory Freedom to Learn Person to Person: The Problem of Being Human