Start by marking “Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)” as Want to Read:
Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)

Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five #2)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  11,351 Ratings  ·  210 Reviews
There's a thief at Kirrin Cottage! The Famous Five think they know who it is, but they need to prove it! Where can they find evidence? The discovery of an old map and very unusual hiding place is all they need to get to the bottom of this mystery and uncover the true culprit!
Published 2001 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1943)

To ask other readers questions about Five Go Adventuring Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Go Adventuring Again

Mark Lawrence
Sep 20, 2011 Mark Lawrence rated it liked it
I read about a dozen of the Famous Five books when I was a kid but I never really looked at the list of titles in the back to appreciate that in fact there were about two dozen of them and I had a random scattering of the titles.

This is book number 2 and I'd not read it before this week when I read it to my daughter, Celyn. Being only the 2nd volume it's one where some of the basic 'mythology' of the series is established.

Uncle Quentin's important "scientific work" is highlighted in this one. Th
Paul
Nov 07, 2015 Paul rated it really liked it
I'm not feeling well today so this will be brief.

The second Famous Five book picks up one school term after the first one finishes. The kids are all excited to see each other again and excited because it's almost Christmas. Then George takes a dislike to their new tutor (a private tutor during the Christmas holidays? That sucks) and things start getting adventurey... Adventureish? Adventuresome? Adventurelike?

This book does exactly what it says on the tin and the real star is Timothy the dog; h
Sally906
Aug 20, 2014 Sally906 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, childrens
I have read the whole series over and over again. I never tire of it. This book is the second in the series and the George, Anne, Julian and Dick along with Timmy the dog return to Kirrin Cottage for the Christmas break. Sadly the boys and George have not done too well at school so George's father arranges for a tutor, and so Mr Roland arrives. George takes an instant dislike to him when he insists on calling George by her rightful name, Georgina, and announces he hates dogs.

Despite having to s
First Second Books
I was informed this weekend that I was shockingly remiss for not having already read Enid Blyton’s ‘Famous Five’ series, so I set out at once to remedy this mistake (easy enough, as I was standing in the middle of New York City’s Books of Wonder whilst being thusly informed).

Having now read _Five Go Adventuring Again_, I have the strong suspicion that George is the best thing ever, as she is a girl with a boy’s name who prefers to be called ‘Master George,’ she actually gets away doing poorly a
Mike Sumner
Mar 11, 2014 Mike Sumner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first read this as a child in 1954 I think it was. Like most of my contemporaries I loved The Famous Five series. Re-reading 60 years on was a piece of pure nostalgia. Of course it's a book for children but then I'm a big kid at heart!
Desty
Lima Sekawan beraksi kembali. Kali ini mereka berusaha mengungkap misteri pencurian di Pondok Kirrin. Tentunya ada petualangan yang menarik menanti mereka. Setelah menghabiskan musim panas di Pondok Kirrin, anak-anak harus kembali bersekolah. George sekarang bersekolah di tempat yang sama dengan Anne. Di internat (asrama), mereka diperbolehkan membawa hewan peliharaan. Jadi Tim juga ikut “bersekolah” dengan George dan Anne. Sementara Julian dan Dick bersekolah di tempat yang berbeda.

Dalam libura
Dhyn Hanarun
"Kedua anak laki-laki itu tahu bahwa George memang kadang-kadang konyol dan berwatak sulit, apalagi jika ada orang yang mengatakan tak suka pada anjingnya. Tetapi menurut pendapat mereka, Pak Guru Ronald pun seharusnya menunjukan pengertian yang lebih besar." – halaman 69

Karena keluarga mereka terkena penyakit menular, Julian, Dick dan Anne menghabiskan liburan Natal mereka di rumah sepupu mereka, Georgina atau George, di Pondok Kirrin. Agar tidak merepotkan sekaligus memperbaiki nilai beberapa
Neja
Dec 08, 2012 Neja rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-childhood
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Jax Holt
Aug 17, 2013 Jax Holt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
This is the second in the Famous Five series. The book gripped me from the very beginning and I loved the concept of it and it was different from the first book! I still say that Enid is still one of my all time favourite authors to this day! What I love about her novels is that she makes the mysteries not as easy to solve (but most of the time I solved them!).

PLOT!
It's the Christmas holidays and Julian, Dick and Anne can't go back to their house due to their mum being ill and their dad being qu
Natalie Shaw
Mar 19, 2017 Natalie Shaw rated it liked it
Enjoyed re-reading this, though I don't quite love it as much as the first one... which may be because I just really love the adventures on Kirrin Island and this one didn't have any of that ;D
Alesha
Jan 25, 2017 Alesha added it
Amazing!!
I love how all the characters are totally different it makes the story so much more interesting!!XD
David Sarkies
Apr 23, 2012 David Sarkies rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: If your my age you've probably read it
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: mystery
Funny how things change in 60 years
23 April 2012

I must say that I still haven't quite made up my mind about this book: is it a captivating mystery or is it incredibly predictable? The problem with me making the claim that it is predictable is because I have read it a long time ago, and as I read it again, I remember a number of the things that happened in the book. First of all I worked out where the secret passage was and secondly I worked out that the tutor was up to no good. However, it is d
Kirsti
Nov 16, 2011 Kirsti rated it it was amazing
Five adventuring again, the second in the series. Unfortunately, after all the adventures in the first book, the boys and George have fallen behind in their schoolwork and require a tutor over the Christmas holidays. Mr Roland comes to stay at Kirrin cottage, and quickly befriends Uncle Quintin and seems to be snooping into his experiments and secret formulas! But only George has her suspicions, and coming up against someone the rest of the family likes so much proves difficult.

I've always thoug
James Gates
Aug 22, 2011 James Gates rated it it was amazing
I was introduced to the Famous Five books by my father who read them as a child. The second book in the series is my personal favourite as you already know the characters from the first story and so the plot moves along faster.

To me the book shows how different children view authority. George is the rebellious one who although has justification for disliking the tutor, Mr. Rowland (he does not like dogs), she shows little respect for him or her father. Anne on the other hand feels that Mr. Rowla
Teresa
The boys are enjoying me reading these books to them :) And I haven't read them before so it's a bonus for me too.
Sunshine
Jan 04, 2016 Sunshine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Great to go adventuring with the gang...again? Rather!
Dani Noviandi
Siapa yang tidak mengenal Lima Sekawan? Ya, the Famous Five yang terdiri atas Julian, Dick, Anne, George dan Timmy ini telah menjadi tokoh legendaris dalam dunia perbukuan internasional. Hampir semua anak membaca kisah karangan Enid Blyton ini sebagai bacaan masa kecilnya, dan mereka seolah terlarut dan terhanyut ke dalam petualangan Lima Sekawan ini.

Berawal dari sebuah forum jualan, ada seseorang yang menawarkan 15 buku Lima Sekawan ini dengan harga hanya 160 ribu rupiah, maka tanpa pikir panja
Nikki
Dec 28, 2009 Nikki rated it liked it
I wrote a reasonably long nostalgic review about this, and then I got a weird blue screen of death, so I lost it. Maybe I'll tell the story someday, but for now, I'll just do a quick review. As an adult reading this, it isn't so convincing at all. I mean, there's the sheer unlikelihood of so many adventures happening to the same four children within the same year and in the same place. But there are things I found more believable, too -- like the way Mr Roland isn't all bad, he's also quite good ...more
Lilly
Aug 10, 2010 Lilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could empathise with poor George in this book. I'm quite stubborn myself and I would probably react the same way if I had a tutor like Mr. Roland. It was so obvious that he was up to no good, I mean, Timmy wouldn't even shake hands with him.

I thought that Anne was particularly painful in this book. She behaves like such a goody-goody. She's the only one to get good grades at school yet she decides to have lessons with the tutor anyway and is a total brown-noser in those lessons. She also cries
Prashansa
Dec 06, 2010 Prashansa rated it really liked it
Shelves: enid-blyton
I liked this book. At first the children didn't wanted a tutor but afterwards they were okay with him not to include George and Timmy here. They both didn't like Mr. Roland, their tutor. George was more cross when her beloved dog was kept away of her. She had a natural instinct that Roland stole her father's work and broke her test tubes. Guess what? She was right. It was Roland and his two mates who lived as artists at Kirrin Farmhouse. The Five discovered a secret way from Kirrin cottage to Ki ...more
Muspitta
Baru baca buku ini 2013 lalu, waktu zamannya aku lagi tergila-gila nemuin sesuatu yang baru. EBOOk bener-bener ngerubah dunia aku. awalnya yang gak sanggup beli bukunya, -hell, sekarang harganya 30k- akhirnya kesampaian juga baca bukunya.
Di buku ini menurut aku sih, originalitas ceritanya bener-bener wow. jarang banget orang kepikiran untuk ngebuat jalan cerita kayak gini, aku bener-bener kagum dengan enid.
anyway, aku juga masih suka cara-cara enid Blyton ngajarin tentang karakter baik di buku i
Dan Thompson
The Famous Five series is pure, innocent fun. Great introduction to adventure stories with a touch of detective. Children don't need anything else.

This second adventure isn't as addictive or fun as the first - but that doesn't mean it isn't any fun. It is just a little slow to get going, but once it does, it has Latin riddles to solve as well as a divide in the group. A fine sequel of sorts and well worth a reread if you are looking for something to do with a few spare hours.

Ellie
Apr 22, 2013 Ellie rated it really liked it
When the Famous five come back to Kirin cottage. They have to have a tudor because there school grades aren't good. They visit the farm house. They find a map behind a wooden panel. They ask the tudor to tell them what it means. He says "it means secret way." They can't find it in the farm house. Then gorge has a difrent theory.
Mary
Jul 03, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thief at Kirrin Cottage.
Who can it be?
Set at Christmas, a tutor arrives and two artists.
A secret passage starts of the adventures of the Famous Five who are together again.
A wonderful story which was a favourite of mine when young.
Really enjoyed reading it again.
So much better than Harry Potter in my view.
It started my love of books and reading!
Jenny George
Feb 17, 2015 Jenny George rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-have
Wow! What a fierce little cute book! I enjoyed it from the very first sentence to the very last. Though I got impatient at Dick talking a lot in the tunnel instead of escaping as George told him to, it all paid off in the end.

All I can say is, Golly!The series is getting better and better with every book! I loved it!

5 stars, but not looking forward to a re-read.
Maya
Mar 15, 2016 Maya added it
This book caught my eye and once I opened it I couldn't let go. It was full of an amazing mystery and I think it would be recommended to age groups 9-12. Enid Blyton is an amazing author and I recommend all her books.
Inga
Oct 18, 2015 Inga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it. It's part of my childhood and it's fast-paced and easy to read and of course I'm fond of the characters (although stereotyped)...
Aso
Mar 26, 2015 Aso rated it really liked it
Good old Tim!!
Annemieke
Oct 18, 2014 Annemieke rated it liked it
Reread 21-12-2014
Vaibhava Shri
Dec 31, 2015 Vaibhava Shri rated it really liked it
adventure part was thrilling where as other parts was nice
famous five 12 54 Jan 11, 2015 09:50AM
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Uma Aventura no Teatro
  • O Olhar do Dragão
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Dog (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #23)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
  • Five Have a Wonderful Time (Famous Five, #11)