Start by marking “Raising the Griffin” as Want to Read:
Raising the Griffin

Raising the Griffin

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What’s it really like to be a prince? To his horror, British schoolboy Alex Varenhoff finds out when the monarchy is restored in the tiny country of Rovenia.

“To see, to do, to prevail.” The motto of Rovenia stands for bravery and honor. But none of this matters to Alex Varenhoff. Though he was always aware of his tie to the ancient monarchy, Rovenia tossed out the Varenho
Published July 12th 2005 by Laurel Leaf (first published January 13th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Raising the Griffin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising the Griffin

Jenny
The people of Rovenia, a former province of the Soviet Union, have voted to restore the monarchy as a tie to their past. For Alex, he must suddenly accept the role fo prince and heir, something he nver thought would happen. Now he is whisked off from his life in England to rovenia , a land he only knows from his grandfather's stories. How will he ever be accepted for who he is, in a role he never wanted?
Caitlín (Ink Mage)
The first time I read this I really liked it, and I still think the main storyline is good, and it's a book both boys a girls can enjoy.
But upon reading it a second time I notice all the plot holes. A lot of plot holes. Characters come in and have no point in being there, things happen with no explanation. I don't know, maybe I just grew up since the first reading of it.
Rachel
I am surprised this was shelved in the Juvenile section of my library. It is definitely suited for a more mature audience. Not what I expected at all--I definitely wouldn't let a child read this due to the sexual references. It was interesting enough to keep me reading, but I didn't like it that much.
Diane
This book is looked-over, maybe because of the cover. It is a less funny Princess Diaries with a boy protagonist. I really enjoyed it.
Cecelia
interesting.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Jacy
Jacy added it
Nov 10, 2013
Tara Lafferty
Tara Lafferty marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Kimberley Renee
Kimberley Renee marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Maryanne
Maryanne marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Erica Gale
Erica Gale marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Joyce (The book worm)
Joyce (The book worm) marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012