The Island of Adventure And The Castle of Adventure: Two Great Adventures

The Island of Adventure And The Castle of Adventure: Two Great Adventures (Adventure #1 & 2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In The Island Of Adventure, Philip, Dinah, Lucy-Ann, Jack, and Kiki the parrot are plunged into danger when they investigate sinister happenings on the mysterious Isle of Gloom. What is the secret of the old castle on the hill, and why are the locals so afraid of it? The children are determined to find out in The Castle Of Adventure.
Published June 1st 2002 by Pan Macmillan (first published January 1st 1983)

Be the first to ask a question about The Island of Adventure And The Castle of Adventure

Dawn Buffham-Bates
I read so many books with my children, they read a chapter, I read a chapter, so I thought I would welcome you into their world of literature too.

My six year son is absolutely in love with Enid Blyton's Adventure Series. He adores Kiki and her many wonderful sayings. He is inspired by the ideas the children in the stories come up with and has started using them in his playing.

Hearing him read these books with ease and expression is an amazing sound. The voices he does and the pace at which he r...more
Shirley
These are two delightful adventure stories written by Enid Blyton. Philip and Dinah are siblings who meet Jack and Lucy Ann.Together with their pet parrot Kiki, the children embark on an adventure filled journey. Investigating mysterious boats, discovering strange activities, fire signals on cliff tops and mystery men. They make new friends - Bill Smugs and Tassie. Both the stories are really entertaining. Reminded me of the time when we as kids used to get the books of Enid and how exciting all...more
Kathie
Nov 09, 2009 Kathie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children in third to sixth grade.
Recommended to Kathie by: When I was in grade school a teacher read others in this series
Other books in Enid Blyton's Adventure series were read to my class when I was in elementary school many years ago. I remember thinking the four children had very interesting adventures without much adult supervision. I especially liked the troublesome parrot, Kiki. I purchased the eight stories in the Adventure series to read to my young grandchildren and hope they like them as well as I did when I was young.
Kathryn
Feb 27, 2008 Kathryn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 3rd or 4th Graders
It's a pretty good book. It's about a group of 4 kids who just happen to be able to get adventures really easily. In that way, it's kind of stupid, because all sorts of things happen to them that would never happen in real life. More later, the loudspeaker at hw center just called us all to the front room to be picked up.
Roshni
More the the ___ of Adventure series, a good afternoon in the sun read
William A
Truly amazing as the other books!
Becca
Becca is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2014
Ùsf Daniel
Ùsf Daniel is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2014
Dorianne Borg
Dorianne Borg marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Lindsay Stehmeier
Lindsay Stehmeier marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Kaushik Kalita
Kaushik Kalita marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Rachel Deakin
Rachel Deakin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Rachelle Immelman
Rachelle Immelman marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Alatham
Alatham marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Sherry Fernandes
Sherry Fernandes marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)