Start by marking “The Island of Adventure And The Castle of Adventure: Two Great Adventures” as Want to Read:
The Island of Adventure And The Castle of Adventure: Two Great Adventures

The Island of Adventure And The Castle of Adventure: Two Great Adventures (Adventure #1 & 2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  203 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
In The Island Of Adventure, Philip, Dinah, Lucy-Ann, Jack, and Kiki the parrot are plunged into danger when they investigate sinister happenings on the mysterious Isle of Gloom. What is the secret of the old castle on the hill, and why are the locals so afraid of it? The children are determined to find out in The Castle Of Adventure.
Published June 1st 2002 by Pan Macmillan (first published January 1st 1983)

Jane Irish Nelson
Dec 20, 2015 Jane Irish Nelson rated it really liked it
The first two books in the "Adventure" series, combined in one volume. This has always been a favorite series of mine, and I enjoyed re-reading these, despite practically knowing them by heart.

A slight change has been made in this edition of Island: Aunt Polly's handyman's name is Joe instead of Jo-Jo. And I think the description of him is also slightly different. But it does not really affect the story.

When Philip meets Jack and his sister Lucy-Ann, and brings them home to Craggy-Tops for the h
Dawn Buffham-Bates
Jul 18, 2013 Dawn Buffham-Bates rated it really liked it
Shelves: bedtime-stories
I read so many books with my children, they read a chapter, I read a chapter, so I thought I would welcome you into their world of literature too.

My six year son is absolutely in love with Enid Blyton's Adventure Series. He adores Kiki and her many wonderful sayings. He is inspired by the ideas the children in the stories come up with and has started using them in his playing.

Hearing him read these books with ease and expression is an amazing sound. The voices he does and the pace at which he r
Shirley
Feb 16, 2015 Shirley rated it really liked it
These are two delightful adventure stories written by Enid Blyton. Philip and Dinah are siblings who meet Jack and Lucy Ann.Together with their pet parrot Kiki, the children embark on an adventure filled journey. Investigating mysterious boats, discovering strange activities, fire signals on cliff tops and mystery men. They make new friends - Bill Smugs and Tassie. Both the stories are really entertaining. Reminded me of the time when we as kids used to get the books of Enid and how exciting all ...more
Kathie
Nov 09, 2009 Kathie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Children in third to sixth grade.
Recommended to Kathie by: When I was in grade school a teacher read others in this series
Other books in Enid Blyton's Adventure series were read to my class when I was in elementary school many years ago. I remember thinking the four children had very interesting adventures without much adult supervision. I especially liked the troublesome parrot, Kiki. I purchased the eight stories in the Adventure series to read to my young grandchildren and hope they like them as well as I did when I was young.
Kathryn
Feb 27, 2008 Kathryn rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 3rd or 4th Graders
It's a pretty good book. It's about a group of 4 kids who just happen to be able to get adventures really easily. In that way, it's kind of stupid, because all sorts of things happen to them that would never happen in real life. More later, the loudspeaker at hw center just called us all to the front room to be picked up.
Roshni
Nov 28, 2010 Roshni rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
More the the ___ of Adventure series, a good afternoon in the sun read
William A
Aug 31, 2012 William A rated it it was amazing
Truly amazing as the other books!
Melissa Potts
Melissa Potts rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Farah Basim aljanaby
Farah Basim aljanaby marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Lalit.M.Rao
Lalit.M.Rao marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Abdussamad
Abdussamad rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Abhinav Rajagopalan
Abhinav Rajagopalan rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Happy Priya
Happy Priya rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Alde16
Alde16 is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2016
Lewis
Lewis marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Cameron Aldrich
Cameron Aldrich rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Camila María
Camila María rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Caitlin Sloan
Caitlin Sloan marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Mr
Mr added it
Jan 16, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Princess Sashy
Princess Sashy rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Anjana
Anjana rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Vicki Flewelling
Vicki Flewelling rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Samantha Garcia
Samantha Garcia marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Aswin Raj
Aswin Raj marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Amy Clarke
Amy Clarke rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
  • The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories
  • Could Be Worse!
  • Mystery by Moonlight (Nancy Drew, #167)
  • Poetry in Motion (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #3)
  • Storybook Collection: A Treasury of Tales
  • I Hold The Four Aces
  • Summer Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #8)
  • Pinocchio (Classic Starts Series)
  • Mystery at Lake Placid (Screech Owls, #1)
  • Lima Sekawan: Di bukit Setan (16)
  • සුදු වැද්දා
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Bloomin' Rainforests (Horrible Geography S.)
  • 2012 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses
  • No Escape (Chloe & Levesque, #6)
  • A Flower Fairy Alphabet
  • Haunted Canada:  True Ghost Stories
  • Wisdom and the Millers: Proverbs for Children
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Adventure (8 books)
  • The Island of Adventure (Adventure, #1)
  • The Castle of Adventure (Adventure, #2)
  • The Valley of Adventure (Adventure, #3)
  • The Sea of Adventure (Adventure, #4)
  • The Mountain of Adventure (Adventure, #5)
  • The Ship of Adventure (Adventure, #6)
  • The Circus of Adventure (Adventure, #7)
  • The River of Adventure (Adventure, #8)