Start by marking “Five Go to Mystery Moor (Famous Five, #13)” as Want to Read:
Five Go to Mystery Moor (Famous Five, #13)

Five Go to Mystery Moor (Famous Five #13)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  4,764 ratings  ·  57 reviews
There's something dangerous out on Mystery Moor, and the Famous Five will have to risk the treacherous mists to follow the trail. This book features Julian, Dick, Anne, George, and Timmy.
Published 2001 by Hodder (first published 1954)

To ask other readers questions about Five Go to Mystery Moor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Go to Mystery Moor

Dani Noviandi
Petualangan Lima Sekawan kali ini terjadi ketika mereka sedang menginap di sebuah peternakan, tepatnya sebuah “sekolah” dimana anak-anak diajarkan berkuda di tempat itu. Memang mungkin hanya di Inggris atau di luar negeri kita menemukannya, karena di Indonesia rasa-rasanya tidak ada. Jadi, di tempat ini anak-anak membayar untuk biaya penginapan sekaligus kursus berkuda, sebuah kegiatan yang positif dalam mengisi liburan sekolah.

Berawal dari rasa penasaran anak-anak ditambah adanya kaum kelana ya
Vandana
read this in 8th standard and the vast world of fiction, kiddish and adventure... opened up to me :) i absolutely loved the famous five series!
David Sarkies
Nov 29, 2014 David Sarkies rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: adventure
Another Famous Five adventure, this time with a train
2 February 2013

Well, I am now five books ahead of my reading schedule (of 100 books this year, though I am thinking that I may not try to exceed that, but then we will see as the year progresses) which means that since I am in front I can now read some longer books (because it is easy to read lots of books if they are all short books, or Ancient Greek plays and philosophical discourses). I still have a few Famous Five books yet to read (and t
Nayanasree H.Lal (Zeus's daughter)
Mystery Moor is near where Anne and george are at the riding school. It is kind of like a desert. Travellers always go and camp there, why no one knows. When Julian And Dick comes to the scenes, an adventure begins at their camping place which is a quarry in the moor. Things get out of hands as Aeroplanes drop things at night . The children finds out that the parcels have 100 dollar american notes in them. They find out that the travellers take these parcels to their boss. The most exciting part ...more
Kirsti
The Famous Five- with horses! What's not to love? Although I wish we'd seen more of the horses, that would have combined a great series with one of my favorite genres in books, horse care! I was always so envious of kids who had horses, or access to riding horses! I've never ridden a horse before, and at age 23, it's one of the things I most wish I could do.

Now, the Five here are in for some excitement! They befriend a small Gypsy boy called Sniffer, and he agrees to leave signs behind him as he
Jenny George
Honesty, Bravery, Good wits, and intelligence-to be favorable for an adventure. I got that. The book awakens all the senses, for me. The author really knows how to express his fantasy. I’ve just noticed that it’s always about money! Very unique thought for the author. The famous five always teaches us honesty and good principles and values one should uphold in life. Always split up to help each other incidentally. And rejoined. Presented With a scary personality in the book too. Two or three wil ...more
Razaak Ahmed
A fantastic book with an endearing title that was the reason why I picked this book up. I hadn't read any of the Famous Five books making this my first book in the series. Blyton really captures the reader's imagination by a plot that quite literally thickens as the story progresses. The story becomes increasingly mysterious, which draws the reader further in. For me I would not have been able to predict the mystery to the gypsies and their way of life and habits in the book. The fact that it wa ...more
Vera Maharani
Things I remember I wanted as little child reading this book:

1. Learning how to ride a horse
2. following gypsies to a mysterious moor
3. always being able to find a way home
4. older brothers like Julian and Dick, but especially Julian

Things I remember I DIDN'T want as little child reading this book:
1. being called with boys name.

Reading this at my age, this doesn't feel as thrilling as when I read it ten to twelve years ago. My focus shifted a lot from the adventure to how silly George and Henry
Prashansa
Well, it was an average book. The story of the old blacksmith was really interesting. Henry (real name Henrietta) was quite similar to George. She pretended to be a boy. But just like George I didn't like her and was really annoyed when Julian and Dick left George at the stables and went for a ride with Henry. At last, it was revealed that she had no sense as she was not able to decide what to do and went to young William. He was a smarty. He really played a heroic role. Good for him. Well, I do ...more
Pujiyanto stiffy
Baca Lima sekawan tuh bawaannya selalu adem, pengen ikutan acara makan-makan, minum limun jahe dan rebahan di rumput....
Di kisah kali ini yang paling aku suka adalah pendewasaan karakter George itu dari tukang ngambek trus karena sesuatu dia jadi bijaksana.
Judy
One of the best of Blyton's Famous Five books. It is a stand-out because of the way it explores the theme of gender dysphoria with the introduction of the Henry character. What was Enid Blyton's personal history, I wonder, and how did she so understand the experience of 2 girls who feel they would rather be boys... or indeed that they are boys on the inside?
And how did she manage to understand these girls so well, and yet treat more conventional female roles in such an offhand manner? (making s
Lisa
Ponies. Travellers. Mists. Tiny trains. Moors.

Fabulous Famous Five, as per usual. Feeling a serious drive to chase down some literary examinations of Blyton. Or write some.
Peter Wanless
Read this because a friend put it in their top ten books ever. Found it in the attic. Think I preferred it first time round. Enid Blyton clearly didn't have much time for gypsies.
Jake Collins
A very memorable addition to the series with a great adventure in the mist on Mystery Moor, incorporating smuggling, an old railway line, horses and plenty of gypsy action.
Durdles
Comfort zone reading by this stage of the series. As I remember, a pony trekking holiday at a stables with (another) boy/girl, Henry/Henrietta, for George to dislike. What would have made these stories really controversial would have been the introduction of a boy character who wanted to be a girl. They get lost in the fog on the moor and there's talk of catacombs but that's about all I remember but I expect there were some gipsies about so I could learn about piebald ponies. Oh, and bilberies. ...more
Lili
Book I loved and since children and grandchildren adore, everyone of Blyton's books are enjoyable readable and loved by all
Sílvia Mourão
Foi a primeira vez que li a palavra "tojo". Ficou-me na memória...
John
As with all Famous Five books, this is of the same trusted and successful formula.

I loved these books as a child and I am delighted that my girls loved them as children too.

The stories are adventures of a byegone age, yet still hold the attention of children, around the world...... they have stood the test of time well - and for a great reason.

The stories are plausible, fun, adventurous and contain an excellent mix of young characters... with a little bit of everyone in each of them - something
Anja
nice to re-read
Khushi
Jan 17, 2015 Khushi added it
Really very nice book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faa
Mystery Moor was thir destination in this book. It all began when Maggie and George attended riding lessons in one riding school far from home. When Dick and Julian joined them, they camped somewhere at the moor. Adventure came to them in the middle of the night when they saw aeroplane drooped things on ground. Later, they realized the things dropped by the plane were US dollars in bundle, picked up by a bad-looking guys and with that, Famous Five embarked on another adventure.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
The thirteenth book in the series, and the most exciting one so far in the eyes of my 7 y.o. The five go to pony camp really, next to a mysterious moor -home to dangerous sudden mists, and tales of disappearances long ago. They are however caught up in more modern mysteries. What do the travellers do on the moor? Blyton really is down on the gypsy types. They're always dirty, smelly, mean to their kids and criminals.
Trace
Luke's Review: The Famous Five went camping on Mystery Moor (Misty Moor) and walked into a mystery! A plane dropped packets of money from the sky and the Famous Five had to figure out why - and then the excitement began from getting tied up to getting lost in a thick mist but in the end they solved the mystery! I LOVE Famous Five books!! I'm going to read The Mountain of Adventure next!
Neja
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
David
I loved the Famous Five books when I was a kid. I don't recall much about them anymore though. This one involves gypsies.

I'd recommend this series for kids who love adventure stories coupled with mystery and detective elements. It's like a younger version of the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew.
Hastinasih Sophie
buku-buku Lima Sekawan saya sekarang entah kemana ilangnya. masih ada satu dua yang tersisa, itu pun telah kumal, dekil dan sobek.
tempo hari saya iseng membeli 2 judul: Rawa Rahasia dan Jo Anak Gelandangan. edisi baru, gambar sampul baru, syukurlah teksnya ga berubah.
Pat Black
Honest, it didn't take me three months to read this. If I have to leave a review, I'd say it's very much of its time but a pleasant way to waste a couple of hours. Have a look at www.booksquawk.com for my review on this one...
Hepzibah
Of all the Famous Five books I read (and there were quite literally millions) I do faintly remember the plot of this one. However, I suspect it's quite racist (gypsies! looking sinister!) so perhaps one to avoid.
Dana
Nice work! Mystery moor just gets mysterious and mysterious each passing moment and I love it! The horses, the show offs, the friends, the enemies, the caravans...a good book!
Maya
mmm..is this the one when they joined a horse riding camp and ended up having trouble with smuggler-gypsies?? gotta recheck that again..these original titles make me confuse..
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • Uma Aventura no Deserto
  • New Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw ...more
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)