Thomas and the Naughty Diesel (Thomas & Friends)

Thomas and the Naughty Diesel (Thomas & Friends)

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Diesel tries to be good, but no one will give him a chance. It is only when Thomas gets stuck in the mud that Diesel gets the chance to prove himself by coming to the rescue in this adorable and heart-warming Pictureback®.
Published August 3rd 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Thomas and the Naughty Diesel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas and the Naughty Diesel

Perfume by Patrick SüskindChocolat by Joanne HarrisThe Name of the Rose by Umberto EcoCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlLike Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
Smells
282nd out of 287 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Amber Clapper
I loved this story. The message is very important and will be very valuable for children. The book teaches how you never know when you are going to need someone so don’t burn your bridges. I also think forgiveness is part of this book. Even though the diesel had made mistakes in the past didn’t mean that everyone should be rude to him now after all he is the strongest engine. A good activity to go along with this book would be for students to pick what they think their strongest point it and dra...more
Rachel
I liked it. ⭐⭐⭐
PWRL
Apr 22, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Natalie Pietro
I had one big problem with this book. Some little kid who borrowed this book from the library tore out the first few pages so my son and I couldn't comprehend why this diesel is so upset. I guess if we knew we would have understood everything more clearly. Still my son enjoyed Thomas and his mischievous friends even with part of the story missing. I just need to find another copy of this book so I can finally read the whole story.
Wooden Horse
There's not much I can say about Thomas that most parent's of toddlers don't already know. Although the "Naughty Diesel" is initially bad he ends up helping save the day and everyone is glad that he came and hopes he can come back again.
Esmoi
Diesel actually develops as a character throughout this book, rather than just being mean all the time. I like to think my son notices that sort of thing.
Laci
This teaches kids a good lesson on how to not let your anger get away from you. If I was teaching kids about emotions this would ve a good book to read.
Theresa
my sons collection of early readers
Cws
Bess
Bess added it
Nov 30, 2013
Kristen Phillips
Kristen Phillips marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Zander
Zander added it
Aug 10, 2013
Tab
Tab added it
May 27, 2013
Les Sullivan
Les Sullivan marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013
Wilbert Vere Awdry, OBE, was an English clergyman, railway enthusiast and children's author, better known as the Reverend W. Awdry and creator of Thomas the Tank Engine, who starred in Awdry's acclaimed Railway Series.

The characters that would make Awdry famous, and the first stories featuring them, were invented in 1943 to amuse his son Christopher during a bout of measles. The first book (The Th...more
More about Wilbert Awdry...
Stop, Train, Stop! a Thomas the Tank Engine Story (Thomas & Friends) Thomas The Tank Engine: The Complete Collection Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends) Thomas the Tank Engine Story Collection (Thomas & Friends) Go, Train, Go!