Start by marking “Small Mediums at Large: The True Tale of a Family of Psychics” as Want to Read:
Small Mediums at Large: The True Tale of a Family of Psychics

Small Mediums at Large: The True Tale of a Family of Psychics

In this rollicking, emotional tale, readers enter the vivid inner life of psychic Terry Iacuzzo-and find out what it's like to struggle with your own secrets when everyone else's secrets are demanding attention too. This is a thrilling, terrifying, and sometimes heartbreakingly sad journey that takes readers from her childhood in a close-knit Italian community in Buffalo, ...more
Published October 4th 2005 by Perigee Trade (first published December 29th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Small Mediums at Large, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Mediums at Large

Lisamarie
Sep 25, 2016 Lisamarie rated it it was amazing
After reading the synopsis and some of the reviews, I did not expect to like this book as well as I did. A lot of the story is about the author growing up in NYC in the 70's.
The author is a great storyteller and I'm sad the story had to end.
Kirsten
Terry Iacuzzo is apparently one of the big psychics to the stars (and to other VIPs), although of course we have to take her word for it because she refuses to reveal who she's done readings for. This book is mainly a memoir of childhood and early adulthood, and details her strained relationship with her brother Frank (who was/is also a famous psychic) and the rest of her family, who also possess uncanny abilities. It's a rather difficult memoir for a skeptic to read. On the one hand, it's absol ...more
Oct 04, 2007 Sarah rated it it was ok
Just because you have an interesting story to tell does not mean that you should write a memoir. In fact, even if your life isn't terribly above the norm or outside the box you still can write a memoir as long as you are proficient at expressing yourself using the written word.

I thought this book was pedestrian at time in the dialogue that Iacuzzo wrote and also in the way that she highlighted various remnants of her life without much introspection or connection to a larger picture. She may be a
Chelsea
Nov 06, 2008 Chelsea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome and I really enjoyed it. Some of the things that happened to Teresa while growing up are very disturbing. But she finally comes into her own and relaxes and becomes a great phychic. Amazing to think the entire family are phychic. It saddened me that they didn't have a better relationship with one another. They all seemed to be solo throughout their lives. It would be amazing to have a reading from Terry Iacuzzo. But maybe scary to think what she may have to tell me about my ...more
Denise
Aug 03, 2007 Denise rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of intense autobiographies!
WOW! I could NOT stop reading this book. Seriously, I read it in one day. The writing (obviously) flowed smoothly and quickly, and the author has a fascinating life (to me, at least).

Some parts are really creepy, some make you laugh out loud. I'm so glad she finally found her calling as a psychic; sometimes it was so obvious as she struggled with different things to do with her gift you wanted to yell at her, "are you a psychic or not?!" and throw the book across the room.

Loved it.
Carmen
Jun 12, 2016 Carmen rated it really liked it
Wow. A good read. I think this book is a good book for any one who is a skeptic of psychics. The author is so normal/down to earth/relatable that you can't help but trust the story and trust her. It's also a great picture of NY in the 70s. I'm not sure what I expected when I picked the book up, but it's a great tale of an interesting life --well up until her 20s. Definitely worth a read.
Jen3n
Jul 02, 2009 Jen3n rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I picked this up off the floor at my boyfriend's brother's house and ended-up taking it home with me after flipping through the first few pages.

I should have left it at that.

Not particularly recomended.
Janet Leszl
Aug 05, 2008 Janet Leszl rated it did not like it
Facinating title but I was disappointed by the content. I had hoped to read more insights into the psychic elements of her family life. Instaed a good deal revolved around promiscuity and drug use by a woman who for years seemed directionless.
Jennifer Alm
Mar 08, 2014 Jennifer Alm rated it it was amazing
Hilarious....her deadpan humor had me cracking up every few pages. Thats a good book! Seriously funny, but serious at the same time.
Teri Kman
Jul 15, 2008 Teri Kman rated it really liked it
What a great read! You will be transported to a very revealing memoir of a girl who grew up in a family of psychics.
Jasmine
recommended to me by my aunt...she said it reminded her of me...kinda cool i guess
if i was psychic I woulda known...

still want to be
Vikki
Apr 02, 2010 Vikki rated it liked it
A true story of a family of psychics. Her brother is Frank Andrew, a famous psychic in NYC. Very interesting. Wild!
Maureen
Dec 19, 2012 Maureen rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
In the hands of a skilled writer, Terry's story would have been engrossing. But there is no denying that she has lived a fascinating, if sometimes very disturbing, life.
Laura Fennell
Laura Fennell rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2009
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Jim Matteson
Jim Matteson rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2015
Beth Brown
Beth Brown rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2008
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2009
Amanda Schwenkel
Amanda Schwenkel rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2010
Roo
Roo rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Vera
Vera rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Nina Collins Harvey
Nina Collins Harvey rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2009
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2011
Jen Jen
Jen Jen rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2010
Alana
Alana rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Laura Skulman
Laura Skulman rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Chris Wilhelmi
Chris Wilhelmi rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Melaney
Melaney rated it really liked it
May 26, 2012
Heather Griffin
Heather Griffin rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2009