Start by marking “The Wicked Guardian” as Want to Read:
The Wicked Guardian

The Wicked Guardian

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Beauty And The Rogue

Nothing seemed more unpleasant to lovely, dark-haired Miss Araminta Surtaine than a coach journey with her unctuous guardian, Lord Robert Eddystone. Still, she had no choice but to accompany him. Her eighteenth birthday, which would entitle her to the extraordinary Surtaine fortune, and freedom, was still two weeks away.

But when Araminta realized th
Mass Market Paperback
Published 1973

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wicked Guardian

THE WICKED GUARDIAN was my first introduction to Elsie Lee. More a light mystery than romance, Araminta Surtaine was expected to earn a bounteous inheritance when she reached the proper age; which just so happened to be in a few weeks. Her devious uncle and legal guardian, Lord Robert, had his own plans. He intended to have Araminta marry his son, a slimy individual. In turn, he would share in the monies.

She was just a 'means to an end'. He drugged her; then he whisked her away to his crumbling
I like Elsie Lee and count some of her regencies among my favorites. This is my least favorite. I still liked the voice and the story but Giles and Araminta were apart most of the book and had convenient instalove to wrap everything up at the end.

Basic story involves sly guardian and his son who want to force Araminta into marriage before she inherits her fortune free and clear. She figures it out and jumps from carriage where knock on the head gives her amnesia before being found by traveling
Michelle Parker
Hard to understand some of the language and the characters sometimes but a good story none the less.
I didn't like this as much as second season but an okay read.
Bonita added it
Aug 17, 2015
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Morella Merryman
Morella Merryman marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
JadedlilFecker marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Sara added it
May 16, 2014
KU2 added it
Feb 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Elsie Lee (Elsie Lee Sheridan) (1912 - 1987)

Pseudonym/s: Elsie Cromwell, Jane Gordon, Lee Sheridan

Wiki: "I write fairy tales for grownups, principally women... I am better at characterizations than plots, and best with cats who are unanimously adored by my readers... I will not compromise on the quality of vocabulary and grammar in my books... it is a writer's responsibility to TEACH subtly throu
More about Elsie Lee...
The Nabob's Widow Second Season An Eligible Connection Sinister Abbey Silence is Golden