Where's Pup?

Where's Pup?

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Pup is missing and the little clown must search the circus to find him.
Is he with Jo or Mo?
What about Pierre or Claire?
On the ground?
Up in the air?
This clown is searching everywhere!

A perfect charmer for younger readers, this sprightly seek-and-find story features a tuneful rhyme, artfully silly characters and scenes-and a fold-up tip-top surprise!
Published March 10th 2003 by Dial (first published 2003)

Maria Andrade
Students will center their attention on this rhyming and wittily charming story plot. The story centers on a young circus clown who is endlessly searching for his missing pup. The young clown eagerly searches for his lost pup asking for help from various circus trainers along the way, until his pup finally shows up. The illustrations consisted of brightly vivid water color drawings captured along with its clever rhyming flow at each stanza of sentence through the pages. I would recommend this bo...more
Julia Jasztal
Mommy's review from 11/21/11 -

This was... aggravating. Very aggravating. I feel bad not rating it higher because Julia and did laugh a little while reading it but honestly we laughed just because so many rhyming words in a row sounded funny. Not because the book is well written.
I wasn't impressed and I think it could have been better. Julia hasn't asked to read it again so that says something also.
Antonia
What I love most about this book is the rhyming element and the opportunity to ask questions. With this book each page leads you to a new elements of person, having your students make prediction would work well with this book. It also has great pictures and is easy to read. It is short and not to overwhelming. It would be great for children 2-4 years of age.
Lisa
The circus setting in this book creates a fun story. The simple text makes this a perfect book for early readers. Of course I bought it for additional educational uses. This is a book that relates rhyme, jobs and prepositions to any storytime I might want to create. I'll be using this book often in the years to come.
Becky H.
May 15, 2008 Becky H. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children and their parents
Cute circus themed book, Pup is lost and we must find him. Is he feeding Mo? Or maybe launching Dee or riding Blue? No, Just look up and you will find Pup as the last page unfolds and unfolds to revel Pup on top of a human pyramid. Your children will want to hear it again and again.
Kate Busch
This is a cute story about a man trying to find pup. He goes around the circus asking the different performers if they have seen him. It is a simple story that is great for young readers.
Jennifer Evers
Illustrated by Pierre Pratt

One big flap at end of book- minimally engineered, but probably the best type of engineered book for a library.
Kifflie
This was cute, but the rhymes seemed a little forced. Early readers might enjoy it, though.
Another circus story
Hailey
Hailey added it
Jun 09, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Dayle Ann Dodds is the author of numerous picture books for children, including THE SHAPE OF THINGS, TEACHER'S PETS, THE GREAT DIVIDE: A MATHEMATICAL MARATHON, and MINNIE'S DINER: A MULTIPLYING MENU. A former elementary school teacher, she lives in Carmel Valley, California.
More about Dayle Ann Dodds...
The Prince Won't Go to Bed! Full House: An Invitation to Fractions Minnie's Diner: A Multiplying Menu Hello, Sun! Teacher's Pets