Start by marking “Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)” as Want to Read:
Just One Year (Just One Day, #2)

Just One Year (Just One Day #2)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  34,109 Ratings  ·  3,742 Reviews
Just One Day. Just One Year. Just One Read.

Before you find out how their story ends, remember how it began....

Published October 10th 2013 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Just One Year, please sign up.

Nolee
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
AmuŠ In Just One Year, you'll get the story in Willem's perspective and in the end - yes, something will happen. But for the whole ending you must read the…moreIn Just One Year, you'll get the story in Willem's perspective and in the end - yes, something will happen. But for the whole ending you must read the last book - Just One Night. (less)

ReesesPieces
Feb 19, 2013 ReesesPieces rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JUST ONE YEAR
(No spoilers, I promise)
~Brought to you by a series of unrelated gifs from tumblr~

Starting where Just One Day left off, Allyson's like:

and Willem's like "Who are you again? OH YEAH. Sup Lulu."

*Enter the random chic who gave Willem flowers after As You Like It*

"Um, Willem. Whodafuqisdisbitch?"

And Willem's like, "uh Lulu...Allyson...whoever you are.... you should probably go"

And Allyson's like "Sure, I already "found" myself. I don't need y'all. Laaattteeeerrr"

*Allyson goes to Cr
Keertana
I melted into Just One Year. In January, I was impressed by Forman’s Just One Day, but not nearly as much as I was impressed by her If I Stay/Where She Went duology. Just One Year, however, ties together these two novels so seamlessly that I find myself unable to choose which duology I love more. And Forman? Forman hits all the rights notes with this novel; travel, Shakespeare, unflinchingly honest characterizations, familial relationships – and my favorite – love that’s meant-to-be.

Just One Y
Debby
2 stars

How do I even start this review? I was ecstatic when Judith told me she would send me her ARC of Just One Year, because it was honestly one of my most anticipated books of this year, after I read Just One Day . I honestly thought there'd be no way in hell that I wouldn't like this book. When Judith didn't give it 5 stars, I thought she must be crazy.

I take back my unspoken thought, Judith. You're not crazy.

WHAT was this book? WHY did it go like this? HOW did Gayle Forman think this was a
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|
description

“It’s not either or, not luck or love. Not fate or will. Maybe for double happiness, you need both.”

Blurb: When he opens his eyes, Willem doesn’t know where in the world he is—Prague or Dubrovnik or back in Amsterdam. All he knows is that he is once again alone, and that he needs to find a girl named Lulu. They shared one magical day in Paris, and something about that day—that girl—makes Willem wonder if they aren’t fated to be together. He travels all over the world, from Mexico to India, ho
Yuanting Lee
Dec 25, 2012 Yuanting Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-to-buy, 2013
This book is everything I wanted it to be and more.

before reading:
"Published 2013 by Dutton Juvenile"

PLEASE TELL ME THAT MEANS FEBRUARY 2013, NOT OCTOBER 2013. OR ANY MONTH AFTER FEBRUARY. I DON'T KNOW IF MY HEART CAN TAKE THE WAIT.

ETA: OCTOBER. DAMMIT. WHY AM I SO GOOD AT PREDICTING!?
shady
I NEEDED MORE.

Really though! How could you end it there?? D: I mean yes, that ending was beautiful, but goddammit, I needed more details! It can't possibly just end there, there's gotta be more to it!

*sigh* Nonetheless, I enjoyed it. At least now I understand Willem's side of the story and finally know what goes on in that head of his. However I find myself still not as satiated as I'd hoped I would be. ._.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jan 14, 2015 April (Aprilius Maximus) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
FEELINGS
Christine Riccio
i was a little disappointed in this book.. a lot disappointed because I thought it was something it wasnt. Here's my full review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNQ_PM... .

-------------------------

I really think even setting aside my misconceptions, that this book would have been heaps more enjoyable if we were to watch Willem develop through a relationship with Allyson. His problems were different from hers. He needed to learn how to stay. How to love things fully without the fear of loss. I fe
Well this was such a let-down after ‘just one day’. I expected to find out a bit about what had happened to Willem to cause him to disappear, but I also wanted to know what happened to Willem and Allyson once they found each other again!

Unfortunately though, 99% of this book was a really boring recap on what had happened to Willem over the course of the year that he and Allyson were separated, and it was just mind-numbingly boring! I’m not sure how I got through it actually!

The bit tha
Arlene
Oct 10, 2011 Arlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arlene by: ARC from Penguin Publishers
I’m not sure it’s possible to simultaneously love something and keep it safe. Loving someone is such an inherently dangerous act. And yet, love, that’s where safety lives.

Wow! What an absolute treat! I've been looking forward to Just One Year since the moment I finished the first book in this series. Just One Day left me with a craving and curiosity to dive even deeper into the lives of Forman's newest cast of characters, where Allyson and Willem enjoy a chance meeting that unfortunately ends af
Sushmita
READ EXCERPT HERE:

Full review will be written as soon as I will be done with my exams.
oh my god!!Cover has finally been revealed.And its so awesome.No wait not awesome.Itts hot.Super HOT!!This is me when I saw the cover first.

and this

okay last one :

Not only cover but excerpt also has been released.Thanks Gayle.I love you Gayle.You are so great.
Okay so I finally read this book, review to come soon.
Maria Espadinha
Jul 09, 2016 Maria Espadinha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quando os Opostos se Juntam...

Allyson é Ponderada.
Willem é Espontâneo.

Allyson é Regras.
Willem é Caos.

Allyson é Raízes.
Willem é Asas.

Allyson é Terra.
Willem é Ar.

Allyson e Willem são opostos. O que é excessivo num, rareia no outro e por isso o Destino os juntou!

Ally já aprendeu a linguagem de Will, pois de quando em quando, lá vai batendo asas e Voando.
Agora é a vez de Will, que para se aproximar de Ally, terá que concentrar-se em Aterrar.

Ela despachou o assunto num dia.
Ele em menos dum ano não va
Hailey (HaileyInBookland)
4.5*
I really liked this one! It was really interesting to travel the world with Willem and see how many times he was so close to Allyson but never met her. Overall a solid companion!
Judith (Paper Riot)
Rating: 3 stars

When I just finished Just One Year, I gave it 4.5 stars. But the more I thought of it, the more frustrated I became. I think that at first I didn’t realize how many issues I actually had with this book. But the moment I started trying to write my review it hit me: I was disappointed. And conflicted. And very, very confused. This was my most anticipated fall release, one of my most anticipated releases ever. So naturally, when I discovered that Hannah was sweet enough to send it to
Nadia  Islam Nitol
Edit after reading: To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

As you already know from the blurb, this is from Willem's POV, who I decided was an asshole after the first book, and was still somewhat convinced that I would be proven wrong about that, and is proven right today after finishing his side of the story, and I have never been this disappointed for being right.

Willem's life history was kind of nice to venture, specially the parts in India as it seemed kind of familiar, being th
Carla
Nov 27, 2012 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHY DON'T I HAVE THIS BOOK ALREADY AND WHY IS JOHN MAYER ON THE COVER

description

EDIT - devoured it last night in one gulp. book drunk. woah.

Tatiana
Mar 15, 2013 Tatiana rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, 2014
I just don't care about these people.
Bonnie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
A copy of Just One Year was provided to me by Dutton/Penguin Group (USA) for review purposes.

'It was like she gave me her whole self, and somehow as a result, I gave her more of myself than I ever realized there was to give. But then she was gone. And only after I'd been filled up by her, by that day, did I understand how empty I really was.'

Finally. We have Willem's story. Just One Day left readers contemplating what possibly could have gone wrong, why he never came back
Katrina Welsh
Dec 29, 2012 Katrina Welsh rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-reread, accio
This is nowhere near as good as Just One Day. But companions rarely are, and it had a lot to live up to. That's not to say it wasn't good, because it was terribly so. It probably would've been better for me if I had reread Just One Day before going into this one but can't do anything about that now. I'm more than happy to reread the two consecutively at a later date, anyways.
I never say this, but I kind of feel like this series needs another installment.

This was not at all the book I expected (I avoided reviews, so I assumed Just One Year would pick up where Just One Day left off, but actually stars at the beginning of the "One Year" timeline in Just One Day). So, if you've read JOD, you know what story I expected.

Anyway, I'll write more about this on the blog, but I really appreciate that this pair of books tackles a lot of unusual themes, particularly related to f
Fenia
Aug 06, 2013 Fenia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The year of 'Just One Day' through Willem's eyes. Beautiful book,just like all of Gayle's books!!! ♥ This woman writes masterpieces! Another journey of finding yourself and figuring things out.

I can't write a proper review due to hangover (don't judge,its Christmas!) ,but this is a good book. I think. I know :P And i need to read what happens next!! Will there be a book three? ♥

Oh and happy holidays ♥ (to those who are reading this review now)
Katrina Passick Lumsden
When Willem wakes up, he's not sure where he is, he just knows that he's alone and that someone's waiting for him. Someone he has to get back to. Someone he might lose.

Thus begins the year-long journey of Willem, the half-Dutch/half Israeli street actor we all came to know and love in Gayle Forman's Just One Day.

I wish I could say I loved this book. I really do. Because I love Willem. He's amazingly well-written. A perfect blend of faults and virtues. And while his journey of self-discovery is
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Thank you Random House Australia for sending me this copy. No compensation was given or taken to alter this review.

“Love is not something you protect. It’s something you risk.”

I was rather sad about this book. Not in the way I was saddened by Just One Day—where I had some serious case of sobbing my heart out about the smallest of things. No. I smothered in sadness as I had a lump of disappointment that grew and grew as I read further into Just One Y
 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Amar a alguien es un acto tan inherentemente peligroso. Y sin embargo, el amor es donde nuestra salvación vive

description

Gayle Forman es una artista de la literatura. De verdad lo creo.

En esta época cuando libros New Adult están cargados de erotismo, cuando parece que para llegar a la lista de los más vendidos solo tienes que describir escenas sexuales, dónde sólo tienes que usar la fórmula chico malo/incomprendido/tatuado+chica virgen/inocente+sexo+frases cliches= repetir sin cesar, Gayle Forman aparece
Sam
Before Reading: I just want Allyson and Willem to get a happy ending.
description

Feelings after putting the book down:
description
I don't know how to feel. Honestly. I have waited for this book for so long because I thought it would be the answer to all my questions.

A let down to be honest.

Review to come.
Inkvotary
4,5 stars

After the first book Just One Day it was kind of certain to me, that I had to know how the story about Alysson and Willem would continue. And to see it through his eyes and discover how that year had been for him was actually a perspective I was curious to discover.

No doubt, this is a beautiful novel and Gayle Forman lets her story sound very harmonic with that language smooth as silk and that hint of melancholy in it. The change of perspective does something additional to it and so thi
Thomas
Mar 05, 2013 Thomas rated it really liked it
"There's a difference between losing something you knew you had and losing something you discovered you had. One is a disappointment. The other is truly a loss."

Just One Year shows off Gayle Forman's specialty: a gorgeous love story that is not actually about love, at least not in the shallow sense. Willem de Ruiter wakes up in the hospital with no recollection of his immediate past - until he realizes he's lost Lulu, the girl he spent one magical day with. For one year he travels in search of h
Anouk | (Foxidian_)
3.5-3.75 stars
why isn't this book and just one day collide in 1 book??
that's bothering me.
the whole story was good and I loved to know what was going on in his mind!
and there were too many names
Jasprit
Jan 21, 2013 Jasprit rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Review to come once I've taped my heart back together...

Just One Year had been a book I’d been eagerly anticipating after devouring Just One Day earlier in the year. Allyson was a character whose story had slowly ripped my heart to shreds and thrown it about like pieces of confetti. The way things had ended I needed to know what would happen next, but most of all I needed to know Willem’s story.

Willem was a character who I adored in Just One Day, but he had left me wanting more. He he
3A Independent Re...: Romance (Week 3) 2 2 Dec 15, 2016 09:50AM
Dee 1 9 Jun 18, 2016 03:48AM
Leserunde - Let's...: Mai #1: Nur ein Tag: Und ein ganzes Jahr 8 38 May 29, 2016 12:04PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Just One Year by Gayle Forman — Restarting November 28th 2015 34 67 Dec 30, 2015 02:25PM
Easter Egg 1 31 Mar 06, 2015 08:45PM
The Nooks of Books: Just One Year 1 6 Dec 02, 2014 02:09AM
  • Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)
  • The Reece Malcolm List
  • How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True
  • When You Were Here
  • How to Love
  • Where the Stars Still Shine
  • Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)
  • Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • Golden
  • Roomies
  • My Life After Now
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Going Vintage
  • This Song Will Save Your Life
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • One & Only (Canton, #1)
  • Jessica Darling's It List: The (Totally Not) Guaranteed Guide to Popularity, Prettiness & Perfection
Gayle Forman is an award-winning internationally bestselling author. Her books include Just One Day, Just One Year, I Was Here, Where She Went and If I Stay, which was made into a major motion picture starring Chloe Grace Moretz.

Her newest novel, Leave Me, is her first one starring adults. (She refuses to say it's an adult novel because she knows plenty of adults read YA and vice-versa).

Gayle liv
More about Gayle Forman...

Just One Day (2 books)
  • Just One Day (Just One Day, #1)

“There’s a difference between losing something you knew you had and losing something you discovered you had. One is a disappointment. The other feels like losing a piece of yourself.” 317 likes
“Sometimes fate or life or whatever you want to call it, leaves a door a little open and you walk through it. But sometimes it locks the door and you have to find the key, or pick the lock, or knock the damn thing down. And sometimes, it doesn't even show you the door, and you have to build it yourself. But if you keep waiting for the doors to be opened for you... I think you'll have a hard time finding single happiness, let alone that double portion.” 253 likes