The Flesh Cartel #7: Homecoming

The Flesh Cartel #7: Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel #7)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  54 reviews
With a wedge at last driven between Mat and Dougie Carmichael, courtesy of Nikolai Petrovic’s expert manipulations, the brothers must each accept their new path forward: Dougie, a perfect slave, sweet and obedient and loving. Mat, a tightly reined dog, snarling and snapping but never allowed to bite.

Unfortunately, no transformation, however well planned, is without its gro...more
Published June 3rd 2013 by Riptide Publishing (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Flesh Cartel #7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flesh Cartel #7

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsConsequences by Aleatha RomigForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
153rd out of 615 books — 1,079 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasConsequences by Aleatha RomigTruth by Aleatha Romig
Dark Erotica
302nd out of 704 books — 2,001 voters

More lists with this book...

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Holy Fuck!!! THAT ending is just… So. Not. Fair.

FC#7Dougie

What I always find so startling about this series is the impact it has on me as a reader… and just how these two very talented authors manage to evoke such powerful emotions. Even just picking up the 7th episode in this totally compelling series… the heart starts pounding and I can feel the anxiety creeping in and the pain of these two boys all at once becomes renewed.

Nikolai has manipulated and coerced Mat and Dougie perfectly in his strategic g...more
Abbie
eeeeh! stop it dougie, stop it!

There are no spoilers from Homecoming, but there will inevitably be some from Captured, Auction, Choices, Consequences, Wins and Losses, and Brotherhood. (Contains cussing and explicit scenes.)
4.5 How could he have abandoned--no, shoved away the most important person in the world to him? Stars.
(Someone please direct me to the correct blood pressure meds that I should take!)
Jesse, wazza fuck
The heartbreak, the betrayal on Dougie's face, was the single most painful thing Mat had ever...more
ßk☼lvr
This was definitely more of a mental book, and if it's going the way I think it is...I'm all in! But Mat, noooooo!!! Plus we learn a little bit more about Nik-the-major-psycho-dick and how he ended up becoming a slave trainer. Very interesting... Thank goodness we don't have to wait a year for the next one, especially after that, THAT ending!!

...I would go a bit nuts...♥

Rach  *Feisty kitty*
Buddy read with the lovely Bk70lvr, thanks hun, I loved every second of it!

Even though I felt there wasn't as much angst and tension as there is in the previous episodes...

That ending is a killer and it just made me think...

The next instalment is called The Flesh Cartel #8: Loyalties and is out on 29th June 2013 3 days early for all those who buy from Riptide Publishing http://www.riptidepublishing.com/

Roll on 29th June!!!
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
Same ole mind!fuck as I remember!?!....

FUCK YEAH!!

And this time I thought it would ease off a lil, just a lil but I was wrong. So wrong ....

description

This series is gonna push and yank at me so bad, thank god I got Bev across the waters with her rants and stuffs. I seriously need that. As for this, I wanna throttle people, I wanna hug a person. I wanna look away, but I can't. Dare I go on?! ....

HELL, YEAH!!!!
Beverly
4 WHAT?? Stars

When I started this one, I thought this is one of the "lighter" reads in this series. There is a lot of Dougie...and this girl HATES Dougie...

AND then the last freaking 2-3 pages...

Heart breaking...must read next one asap!!

This series is amazing and even better when you have a friend to hold your hand through it...thanks for BR Em...
Silkeeeeee
OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY DO I KEEP LETTING THESE TWO SADIST FUCK WITH MY HEAD! I am ready to bitch slap Dougie and I'm scared Mat has now lost his fucking mind. Nicolai, oh how I want to give him a large dose of his own pain induced, mind fucking medicine. Ahgg! The cliffhanger just sucked hind tit on top of everything else! Now I'm going to beg like Dougie and say, "Please make this crazy assed shit stop!"
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Another good installment to this series. The majority of this one is about Dougie and how Nikolai has now changed tactics after helping Dougie recover from his ordeal from the last segment. The mindfucking is as prevalent as ever as Nikolai's plan of action is to now earn Dougie's trust through kindness. All goes well, until Nikolai says something that snaps Dougie back to realization of his situation.

Nikolai opens up a bit here and there so that we learn some new tidbits about his past.

We do...more
Dreamer
Six Stars. Feel the need to gush, I just love this dark series! I had to read it twice to absorb all the nuances, I could highlight the whole thing on my kindle.. Another episode gone in a flash, leaves us on a cliffhanger too!
description
This part concentrates on Nikolai (the bastard) attempting to win Dougie's true submission through kindness this time. Dougie actually approaches Nikolai to make love to him but Nikolai ruins it by referring to Dougie as a 'hole'. Dougie's nagging inner voice overcomes hi...more
Debra
This episode focuses mostly on Dougie and his interactions with Nikolai following the events in the last book.

We only briefly see Mat, who is so broken he has basically given up. Nikolai has left Roger to tend to him, knowing he cannot approach Mat at this point so he spends his focus on Dougie. Nikolai is working his magic, fully immersing Dougie in the mindf@ckery that he knows will convince Dougie that Nikolai loves him and only wants what is best for him. Nikolai does open up to Dougie some...more
Kristie Sanchez
So, so, so good. This story just gets better and better. Dougie and Mat, my heart hurts for you every episode. More and more I'm drawn in and I really hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If not, I think I'll drown.
JaHy♕ Bitchy  Goddess ♥'s  everything CrAzY  ☿
I'm not sure if book 7 was meant to be a comic relief but that's what it was for me. Up until the fucking ending.... NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Lucy
Damn that ending! Have to read the next one STAT!

Awilk -never sleeps-
What can I say. No sooner had I put it on my currently reading shelf and I was back marking it as finished. Plus, this edition was not anywhere near my favourite. I am becoming slightly worried about my addiction to this series.

I do have complaints about this one though. Two, actually. I wanted so much more of Matt. He is the character that stole my heart at the beginning, so he is the one I want to read about the most, plus that ending damn near killed me. What an ending. Now I have to wait unt...more
Barbara
Nov 12, 2013 Barbara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
So many mind fucking games!

photo imagesCA77XS79_zps211e3dc9.jpg

Mathias...

photo semnome_zps83490133.png
Ayanna
Oooooh the cracks in Nikolai's armor is showing.

The insight into Nikolai's mind is actually a little (a lot) unsettling. He's such a constant that to see such a blatant reminder that he is, after all, human, is kind of creepy in an annoying way. I feel like this is giving me false hope.

This one's mostly about Dougie with a bit about Mat towards the beginning and the end.

The cover's gorgeous. Absolutely amazing. You totally get a sense of the story and it's quite deliciously creepy. I spent so l...more
Evaine
This may have been the most heartbreaking episode of all. There was really no physical violence, no mental violence, no real emotional violence; everything seemed actually calm. But one little word... 4 tiny letters... and I have to say that I did that, "Oh, nooooooo!" when I read it. My heart didn't actually break, it more dissolved into tiny little pieces. It affected me far more than even the Terrible Cliffhanger. Heidi and Rachel have done their job very, very well.

Again, this is not an eas...more
Don Bradshaw
Nikolai weaves more of the mental torture on Douglas with a trip outside and clothes. The word "hole" is a trigger that brings Doug back to himself and shows him the psychobabble that Nikolai is throwing at him. Great ending with both brothers sinking into depression.
G.B. Gordon
Short and bleak, this episode felt very transitional, like a continuation of the one before, or a gearing up for what comes after. Hoping the next one will break the grim stasis. Interesting glimpses into Nicolai's mind, and its fracture lines.
Lilli *slowest reader ever*

4,5 stars.

(view spoiler)...more
Kera
Here we are in love again.

Petrovic continues to render his priceless (but evidently well paid) service to the mankind. He changes aimlessly wondering two-legged animals into valuable holes for the masters with body waste disposal problems. So no surprise he sees nothing objectionable in his mother slave/hole status. Interesting thing is that we learn he was adopted by Mr. Thomas Thistlewood, the ingenious inventor of “ Derby’s dose” (it can be googled); now with so much effect put to use.

From t...more
Leah
I have made a mistake. I should have waited for the whole series to be released before starting to read it. Because that ending? HORRIBLE. And now I have to wait for July! (Sure, it's only a couple weeks, but still.)

The only kinda sorta issue I had with this episode was that I missed Mat. I like Dougie and am interested to see how his training goes, but...my heart belongs to Mat.

The parts that did involve Mat were heartbreaking. *narrows eyes* He better get a somewhat happy ending at the conclus...more
Vivian Archer
Carrots for everyone!

Well after last episode's spectacular clusterfu@k! We've decided to not completely destroy the toys by not giving them the stick mercilessly as they recover. So carrots it is.

Again Doug, seriously...we're having this conversation? We've had it before--EYES on the ball. Focus, you're smart enough--Don't be weak! (view spoiler)

To say I'm unhappy wit...more
Skye Blue
I waited all book for a glimpse of Mat, and when it comes?

Thank goodness I know that there are future books, and Mat is in them, or I'd be trashing my poor kindle right now.

Sadly, I don't care as much as I should for Dougie. The only reason I have for caring for Dougies right now, is because of what he means to Mat. I hope that changes in future books, and I start having a heart again when it comes to Dougie, but for now, I'm all about Mat.

(sorry for the over run of SPN gifs, but nothing says b...more
Arlyn
This series is torturing me! It's so difficult to read, continuing to bombard me with emotional and mental stress that often affects me on a visceral level. I've cried. I've walked away. I've set my Nook down to recover from the shock of what I just read. I re-read the same paragraphs over and over to make sure I read them right...my mind refusing to assimilate something so horrific into my already taxed brain cells. I wanted to punch, throttle and torture non-existent characters. I've wanted to...more
Joana Aleixo
This book was fucking with my head in a away that was driving me nuts!

Just like Dougie I keep forgetting that Nikolai is the bad guy. Between all the "nice" things that Nikolai is bringing and doing to Dougie and the story that he told about himself being brought to that house and trained... My mind stated to seeing another way and I hate that because I want to hate Nikolai for all he did and is doing.

Those shits are wrong is so many way!

That ending. Oh Mat! He´s consumed by guilt and it's all N...more
Sara
It was complicated, careful work, with harder tests ahead. And then, when Nikolai’s work was through and Douglas’s transformation was complete, would come the hardest part of all...

I am back to my love/hate/love relationship with this series. After not knowing if I could continue after that last episode I just had to know what the hell was going to happen next.
Being your slave, what should I do but tend,
Upon the hours, and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend;
Nor s
Limor moyal
Holy fuck !!! Amazing episode !!! So deep and sensual and mind fucking !!! And the cliff hanger in the end almost killed me . Good thing I already have 8 on my kindle . Shot of caffeine and moving on ....
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
90% of this book was almost 'normal' (if there is such a thing) Master/Slave relationship. I was waiting and waiting for something huge...and BAM there it was at the end!

Next!!
Aija
This one messed with my head big time. Soooo well written!
Chat with the authors 4 19 Jun 04, 2013 08:07AM
  • The Last Rebellion
  • Hell and Beyond (Broken, #2)
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Flawless (Irresistible Attraction, #4)
  • Lying with Scorpions (Memory of Scorpions, #2)
  • Every Inch of the Way (The Professor's Rule, #4)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Tinman
  • First Watch
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
M/M erotic romance author, freelance writer and editor, sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, proudly pervish. I'm a twitter addict (@rachelhaimowitz), and I blog every M/W/F at Fantasy Unbound. To learn all about my current and upcoming projects, please stop by my website. I love to hear from folks, so feel free to drop me a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.
More about Rachel Haimowitz...
Counterpoint (Song of the Fallen, #1) Power Play: Resistance (Power Play, #1) Power Play: Awakening (Power Play, #2) Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2) Anchored (Belonging, #1)

“there was always more with Nikolai, wasn’t there? More pain, more pleasure, more joy, more grief, more religious fucking ecstasy.” 1 likes
“How could he have abandoned—no, shoved away the most important person in the world to him? The one person in the world to whom he, in turn, was also most important?
God, he was a monster.”