Start by marking “Every Rose (Every Rose, #1)” as Want to Read:
Every Rose (Every Rose, #1)

Every Rose (Every Rose #1)

What do you do when you realize you were foolish enough
Published February 25th 2013 by Lynetta Halat (first published February 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Every Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Rose

Smitten's Book Blog

^^^ Add tattoos to Michael.

*big big sigh*

Ok, I can't rate this. I've tried, but there is no rating that can encompass what this book put me through...

If you don't want to read spoilers, stop reading now. I will hide major spoilers, but I can't write this review without giving some things away.

Okay? So, you're still reading... so you can't moan when I tell you...

This story does not have a happy ending. And this story will tear you apart.

Throughout, this was a four/five star read for me. Michael
Tough Critic Book Reviews
A 5~Star ending...

I debated long and hard on how to rate this one. Long and hard...hard and long. As I click the keys with bipolaric indecision, I'm still unsure.

I think my biggest problem with this book was the dialogue. The story, I really liked. The dialogue? I just can't get past it. Lorraine's voice seemed naive and immature. Michael, he seemed to be talking out of a Thesaurus. The words just didn't seem to fit the characters. They were forced, unnatural, and at times melodramatic. I even
Lynetta Halat
Mar 16, 2013 Lynetta Halat rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
8/22 Every Rose is on sale this weekend for $.99 to celebrate new cover!

7/13 Every Rose is on sale this weekend for $1.99! I have a contest going on on my author page on Facebook as well for a chance to win 1 of 3 signed paperbacks. https://www.facebook.com/LynettaHalat...

7/11 Every Rose has been updated on all platforms to contain the epilogue and the bonus scene! If you aren't able to update for some reason, you can read it on my website at www.lynettahalat.com.

6/23 I'm so excited to share thi
Megan
Mar 13, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing
There are those books that exist to teach you something about life and for me this book is one of them....

My heart is having a hard time right now. I literally finished Every Rose moments ago. Go buy the book, grab a box of tissues, and cuddle up because Lynetta is going to take you on a roller coaster. Enjoy the review and book while I go drown in cookie dough ice cream, kiss my husband, and remember that life is too short to take people for granted!

Every Rose will go on my HEARTS AND FLOWERS W
Melissa Fantauzzi
Mar 24, 2013 Melissa Fantauzzi rated it it was amazing
I had been in a reading slump and this book brought me out of it. I loved it!! Lynetta Halat respected the reader by providing a rich history of the background between Michael and Lorraina and didn't rush through it like so many authors did. When you read the story you feel like you know the characters and can feel what they are going through. A very emotional but wonderful read for me.
Susana U
Mar 25, 2013 Susana U rated it it was amazing
Review to come. I loved it...

I can't make a review right now because I'm in tears

That comment was made the day I finished the book... I still feel the same though

There are some books that teach you a lesson, others that make you fall in love with the plot and characters, some can make you cry and many many books can force you to change the view of your time and your life. This one? Was all of the above!

I have to admit that I cried like a little baby with this books and I loved it. The reason wh
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Mar 25, 2013 ❀ Crystal ✿ - rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-read-list
4.5 Stars

It is literally almost impossible for me to write this review. Why?? Considering it’s been a few days since I read Every Rose, one would think I’d have moved on. Well, you thought wrong. Every Rose is so amazing there are not enough adjectives to cover it’s amazingness in the dictionary. Every Roseis about rediscovering an old friend and an old romance and realizing what you thought you never wanted is exactly what you want and need.

“Even the most beautiful flower, the rose, has the th
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 29, 2013 Sofia Lazaridou rated it it was amazing
Enter the giveaway until this July 5th to win an ecopy of the book shttp://sofia-loves-books.blogspot.gr/...

*Warning: If/when you read this book have tissues with you*

Honestly I have no idea what to say about Every Rose. I hated and loved it at the same time. As I am writing this review I cry like a baby. I hated the end. I don't understand how the author did that and why. Couldn't see let them live happily after everything? Why?

I loved Michael so much. He was sweet, romantic and everything yo
W. Ferraro
Mar 25, 2013 W. Ferraro rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers, Dreamers and Everyone in Between
Every Rose can be described in one word: Fantastic! Mrs. Halat has exceeded every standard set forth my debut authors. Her story was loving, her characters were relatable, and her talent is so evident on every page. She tells a story of two souls who were entwined from a young age and then destined to cross paths again, years later. I was emotional, I was engaged, but above all I was entertained. I found myself rooting for the characters to overcome their demons but also to find salvation in eac ...more
Chris- Bookaddict
Mar 13, 2013 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing

I was asked to read and review this by Lynetta . I am very thankful that she asked me to read and review this book .

My heart is heavy right now , I want to say I was not expecting what happened to happen , but I would be lying to you and myself . About 77% into the book I knew something was going to happen . I just felt it with my heart , everything was going to well. All I have to say is you need to buy this book , grab some tissues, and enjoy the story that your about to read. There will be l
Lucinda Claire
Jun 14, 2013 Lucinda Claire rated it really liked it
Four days! It’s been four days since I finished “Every Rose,” and I am just now thinking I can do this – I can write a review without bringing back tears. Nope. Just thinking about it has me welling up all over again. I was given a copy of “Every Rose” in exchange for an honest review. Well, honestly, I’ve never read anything like it.

Lorraina Dabney has a painful past – one she’s used her success in high school and a full-ride scholarship to college to escape from. So, when she’s forced to go h
Inez
Jul 26, 2013 Inez rated it it was amazing
I heard nothing but good reviews on this book so I thought I would finally pick it up and read it. At first I was wondering what all the fuss was about, then I got to know the characters better. Normal everyday people that I would hang out with. This book drew me in with the realness of the characters and their problems. It made me want to get to know them better and give them advice, and love them. There was no big trips over the ocean, or poor female waiting to be saved just real life feelings ...more
Kassandra
Jun 19, 2013 Kassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, new-adult
It was very hard to write a review for Every Rose by Lynetta Halat, because I just don't know how to express how amazing this book is. This is definitely one of my top favorite books of 2013.

I love roses growing, especially unexpectedly, wild. But cut roses, no matter how arranged, repulse me.

The book starts off with the main character going through a very changing event in her life. At first I thought this was going to be your typical girl falls in love with the wrong guy type of story. I was c
Nikki Groom
Jun 23, 2013 Nikki Groom rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
What do you do when you realize you were foolish enough to throw away true, unconditional love? The answer is simple, you go and grab it back with both hands and don't let go!
This book is about Love, Loss, coming of age and holding on tight to what matters most.

Lorraina, I've known and loved you my whole life. The day I first saw you was the day my life began.

Before Michael Bang even met Lorraina Dabney, he knew she was 'The One'. It was a spiritual connection, he felt it in his soul and just kn
Jun 10, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
I have not been able to get through an entire book in over 6 weeks so me finishing this was kind of a big deal for me. This book had A LOT potential. The plot was actually really good just the story telling could of been a bit better in my opinion.

(view spoiler)
Audrey
May 06, 2013 Audrey rated it it was amazing
I actually come across this book by accident when chatting on FB group's book discussion.

Saw the blurp and the great review and decided to get them. I normally think flashbacks can be confusing but this one is nice. I guess she's a gifted writer because i was hooked and having trouble putting it down.

The story feels very real and the emotions are raw and honest. At times i wish it differently. I love Michael and feels like shaking Lorreina to get with the program already. But in reality not eve
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
What to say about this book?
Well, it had its good and it had its bad, drama-overloaded moments.
I liked it at times and at times it was too cheesy to like it.
The second half of the book was better than the first one.
I felt the same way about the main characters Lorraina & Mike.

Both characters were flawed, at times really annoying & immature with the teenage drama, but still, in the end, their tragic story didn't leave me indifferent, but after reading the captivating blurb & seeing ho
Sarah Krohn
Mar 05, 2013 Sarah Krohn rated it it was amazing
You sweet girl!!!!
My mind cannot quite capture the perfect words for this review. (But I will try) I am not at all surprised at how well you have written your FIRST book. My head is still reeling from the beautiful story you created. I was right there with every word. I was feeling every moment with Michael and Lorraina. It's one of my favorite feelings when I'm reading. Beautiful story, beautiful couple, just beautiful.
"Faith, hope, and love. The greatest of these is love."

I am beyond proud o
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
You can see my complete 5-hankie review on the blog:

This debut novel simply blew me away. I was immediately drawn into their story, and fell more in love with Michael with each passing page.

Their story is intensely emotional, and they have a lot of issues to deal with. They remain committed to each other, and to working out their problems together.

I cried through the last 10% of this book, and I know that Michael & Lorraina's story will be with me for
Myra Espino
Jun 02, 2013 Myra Espino rated it really liked it
Love the story.. I love how the author build the characters' personality and the story..

After reading this book, I'm a total wreck.
I almost cried (ok, I cried really) on how the story ends.

It made me realize that not all story ends in a happy ending (the one that the boy and girl lived happily ever after). So if you really love somebody, tell or show them so that you won't regret anything if something goes wrong. Life is too short and you don't know if the person you love will be taken away from
Book Addict Mumma
Mar 18, 2013 Book Addict Mumma rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, I devoured this book in one sitting, I absolutely adored Michael and Lorraina’s Story. Two young people who met and were best friends then along the way lost contact but fate steps in and they find there way back to each other.
This is a beautiful story of life, keeping the faith and believing that true love does exist.
I was quite speechless by the time I finished (you’ll need tissues) it’s not often I find a book quite so compelling as this one was. I’d love to read more!
Kim
Apr 21, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it

It's funny how life does that to you. You have a plan and dreams and desires. Then, in a flash, all that can change. All that you thought you wanted dissipates and you're left with what you needed. Never knew you needed but, nonetheless, did.

I am kind of at a loss and really affected after reading this book. Some parts were sweet, some were frustrating, some were heartwarming, and some were painful. And I really did not see the twist coming.

Lorraina and Michael were best friends since s
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
That was probably the ugliest cry ending ever... but it was an absolutely beautiful story. There is so much I want to say about Every Rose and I still could not possibly do it justice. This book is fabulous!
Let me just start by saying, yes, I way ugly cried through the last part of the book... but it all seems so worth it knowing everything that happened throughout the book. This book was everything I didn't know I wanted in a book and so much more. I fell in love with the characters and their l
Reading is my Time Out
Apr 10, 2013 Reading is my Time Out rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that left you so incredibly emotionally raw that it was all you could think about for DAYS after you finished reading it???? That is exactly how Every Rose left me feeling. I only hope that my review gives this book the justice it deserves and can relay the awesomeness that is Lynetta Halat to you! I am still reeling from the emotional roller coaster ride that I was on during this book and I don't know if I want to yell at or hug this author!! Lynetta Halat is an evil g ...more
Alexandra

I'm not going to say a lot right now, partly because my Kindle decided to hate me RIGHT as I hit that 86% where everything ended, so the rest of the book was sort of ruined for me because I'm pretty upset about my Kindle. Not only that, but my heart has been torn to shreds by the ending of this book.

Don't let the three stars dishearten you. I liked this book, really. And I loved Michael. I just feel that some things were very melodramatic, and I don't believe I have enough resolution in
Chelsea Camaron
May 01, 2013 Chelsea Camaron rated it it was amazing
These are just my opinions of the book take it as a grain of salt……you like what you like, I like what I like. This book is going to bring you through a lot of different emotions. I try to write reviews without giving away the storyline, so I hope I hint to the emotions you will feel and not give away anything. This story is one best read with a clear mind, no preconceived notions as to what to expect.

First, let’s make sure your expectations for this book are in place. This is not a smut type of
Wendy
Apr 06, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
5 emotionally staggering stars!

I don't even know where to begin with this review. I've never in my entire reading life read something as staggeringly emotional as this book was for me. I was up and down and turned inside out almost right from the beginning.

The entire story has some kind of reconnection with the past. I was so torn on how to feel about this at first and then about 7% into the book, I got it.

"Because you wanted to know whether or not I was over you, and I wanted to know what yo
Irene
Mar 25, 2013 Irene rated it it was amazing
WOW I am speechless. I did not expect that to happen at all. I am still shocked. I guess you could say book hangover!!

Lorraina and Michael went to school together. Lorraina didn't know who Michael was until her brother Jermone said Michael wanted him to tell Lorraina that he was going to marry her. BOY was she upset. He was 15 and he professed his love for her. She said she could only be friends. She didn't understand the way he viewed them being together so young. He tried everything for her t
Kayla The Bibliophile
Apr 07, 2013 Kayla The Bibliophile rated it it was amazing
It's taken me a while to write this review because I was home in NC visiting my family with only my tablet, which is a pain in the butt to write on. I need to invest in one of those covers with the built in keyboard...ANYWHO!
Right before I left, I read a book called Every Rose by a first time author named Lynetta Halat. She wants an honest review so I'm going to give it to her. If ya'll have read my other reviews, you know I love funny paranormal romances, super steamy erotic novels, and I prett
Vivien
Jul 13, 2014 Vivien rated it really liked it
OMG THAT ENDING. I CRIED MY EYES OUT. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!?!?!
description

When they say, "Reader Beware: If you're not OK with having your guts ripped out and are not a bit of a masochist when it comes to reading, this may not be the book for you. If you're open-minded and willing to have a life-changing experience even if you have to go through the wringer emotionally, this is definitely the book for you." You should really listen to that.

This book had such sweet/adorable character's. We have L
  • Destined to Change (Destined, #1)
  • The Perpetual Quest for the Perfect Life
  • Cursive
  • Destiny Ever-Changing
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Conflict (Control, #2)
  • Ever Enough (Ever Enough, #1)
  • Nocturne
  • Nets and Lies
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • Seduce (Beautiful Rose, #1)
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • Love Love
  • Lost in Distraction (Lost, #1)
  • After the Sky Fell Down
  • A Taylor-Made Life (Taylor-Made, #1)
For as long as she can remember, Lynetta Halat has lived to read and has written countless stories and plays since she was a young girl. A teacher by day and an avid reader and closet writer by night, she has always dreamt of penning books that people could connect with and remember; and her first novel, Every Rose, is the perfect catalyst to launch her into the world of publishing. Her love of th ...more
More about Lynetta Halat...

Every Rose (3 books)
  • Untitled (Every Rose, #2)
  • Roam (Every Rose, #3)

“I loved you yesterday. I love you today. I'll love you tomorrow...forever.” 21 likes
“Lorraina, you had to have known that I was bluffing when I acted like I was over you. I have your initials tattooed on my arm. I have your face tattooed in my brain. I have your soul tattooed in my heart.” 11 likes