Free to Live: Create a Thriving Unschooling Home

Free to Live: Create a Thriving Unschooling Home

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What does unschooling look like day-to-day?

Want to help it take root and blossom in your family?

There are a number of characteristics that allow learning to flourish, and in Free to Live I discuss the four that have had the most positive impact on our unschooling lifestyle. Understanding why these characteristics are so helpful makes it easier for parents to choose to resp...more
ebook
Published March 1st 2013 by Living Joyfully Enterprises (first published February 26th 2013)

Beth Dreyer
Really enjoyed this short and sweet book. It has marvelous one liners and though I'm not an underliner, I found myself underlining on every page. I will definitely go back to it when I need some reminders or encouragement about unschooling. I especially loved what she wrote about having trusting relationships with teens.
Margaret
This is a useful book for those interested in unschooling. It addresses the qualities needed in a family to successfully unschool, and talks about deschooling (transitioning kids who have been to school). What it doesn't directly address is: how can a fairly traditional homeschooling family transition to unschooling in the high school years? Maybe I'm the only homeschooler who finds that transition difficult. Still, a useful book, particularly for people who are just getting started with young k...more
Julie
Looking forward to reading her other book Free to learn.
Jill
As with her other book, "Free to Learn: Five Ideas for a Joyful Unschooling Life," I have never agreed and disagreed with an author so strongly within one book.

This was a good overview of why the paradigm shifts mentioned in her previous book were needed. She also gave examples of implementing them.

It was good and I enjoyed the information and perspective.
Justine
I liked this book, but it really is for people who have a pretty good handle on unschooling and just want to clarify and deepen their own thinking about it. I think it is a good addition to the books on unschooling out there. It stands well on its own rather than just saying the same things we have all heard before.
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Nick Roos
Nick Roos marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Jamie
Jamie is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Feb 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Apr 05, 2014
Rebekah Mortensen
Rebekah Mortensen marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Janiece Sablan
Janiece Sablan is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Claire Reiter
Claire Reiter marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Sahra
Sahra marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Molly Wintergerst
Molly Wintergerst marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Idzie
Idzie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Jodie Harpe-lesperance
Jodie Harpe-lesperance marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013