Start by marking “Living with Your Past Selves” as Want to Read:
Living with Your Past Selves

Living with Your Past Selves (Spell Weaver 0)

Many teenagers struggle to find their identity, but for Taliesin Weaver, that struggle has become life or death--and not just for him. Tal, as he prefers to be called, believes in reincarnation, and with good reason. When he turned 12, his mind was nearly shattered by a flood of memories, memories of his past lives, hundreds of them. Somehow, Tal managed to pull himself to ...more
ebook, Smashwords Edition (for all distribution partners), 264 pages
Published December 9th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published September 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Living with Your Past Selves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living with Your Past Selves

Misha Almira
Feb 10, 2015 Misha Almira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Living with Your Past Selves (Spell Weaver Book 1)” by Bill Hiatt is a riveting novel that will keep you turning the pages. Join Taliesin “Tal” Weaver, the 16-year-old protagonist on a journey to discover his past. This coming of age story is set in a wealthy California coastal high school amid sexual awakening.

Stan, Tal’s teenage computer whiz buddy, who is also a math and science genius, realizes that he has been speaking a Middle Ages language in his sleep. He also seems to pickup complex sk
Sheila
A fine young-adult novel with great characters, clever plot, and intriguingly intelligent depths, Bill Hiatt’s Living With Your Past Selves promises to be the start of a really great series. Cross Hogwarts with a regular American school, add well-researched, historically convincing mythology, plus a touch of reincarnation, and you'll get the idea.

Tal Weaver’s past selves changed his present when their memories suddenly woke with puberty and tried to take over his mind. Now the guitarist plays a
Billy Buttons
Apr 23, 2014 Billy Buttons rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was recently entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

The readers very much enjoyed the mthological background to much of the story and how well developed the characters were. They felt the book was very well paced and had a nice balance between character development/setting description and action. They thought the relationship between Stan and Taliesin was well thought out and interesting.
All the readers enjoyed the author's style. They felt he worked
Jackie Williams
A really interesting concept that I hadn't come across before. The book is almost a mixture of Time Travel and Sci-fi on a teen basis.

That someone's past lives could come back to them as vivid memories that engage their everyday life was a new one on me and I was completely swept up in all the action.

I loved the depth and colourfulness of the main characters (Tal, Stan and Carrie) and how they really came to life as the story progressed. Each have their own quirks and differences that make this
Kate McVaugh
Mar 14, 2013 Kate McVaugh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Living with Your Past Selves made it into the Amazon Breakthrough Novel quarter finals, and I can see why. Within the first page I was already hooked trying to figure out just what was going on, and by the end of the excerpt I kept clicking on the arrow looking for more pages.

Although I am not a teenager, I really appreciate how Mr. Hiatt uses language that does not talk down to adolescents. This also makes it an appealing read to a much broader audience.

I look forward to reading the entire boo
Lyra
Stefania
Apr 27, 2016 Stefania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[English below]

Ho ricevuto una copia gratuita di questo libro in cambio di un'onesta recensione.

C'è chi vorrebbe poter ricordare le proprie vite passate. Non è così per il sedicenne Tal, costretto a convivere con innumerevoli ricordi che non gli appartengono rischiando di impazzire.

La copertina non esalta minimamente le qualità di questa storia, che si è rivelata un'ottima scoperta.
L'autore è riuscito a riunire elementi totalmente divergenti come la magia e la scienza, la storia e i miti celtici
Beth Yacoub
I came across this book because I was gifted a copy of the second in this series for Read & Review and found the concept so original that I decided to pony up the money and buy the first book so I wouldn't miss a thing. Boy was that a mistake!! I really wish I liked this book more. The first person narrative was well paced and not badly written. The concept of knowing your past lives was an interesting one though he could have stood to learn from them and grow through that knowledge a bit mo ...more
Nikki
Wow!!! This book was great. I stepped outside of my normal genre because the premise of this book was just so interesting to me. Taliesin is bombarded with the memories of his past lives and has to comes to terms with the repercussions of this awakening. He has to learn how to use his powers and to then enhance them in order to be able to save himself, family and friends. He is a teenager, only sixteen, and he must learn to train himself in magic, defense, and technology. An excellent read. I ca ...more
Debbie
Jan 03, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful Sci-fi teen book. It was a pleasure to read. I received this ebook for an honest review. Bill Hiatt did a great job mixing legendary characters with mythology, time and/or demential travel, as well as reincarnation. I look forward to finding out how each character deals with their memories of past lives. The teens work well together, but it would be nice if they could work with magical beings that are friendly- shifters, fey, elementals, wizards, etc. That way there is balanc ...more
Pat
Jul 18, 2015 Pat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book hits all the bases--excellent writing, strong and believable characters, suspenseful plot, truly evil villains. Although Living With Your Past Selves is the start of a series, it also has a satisfying ending without loose ends. I liked the references to Welsh mythology, since I know nothing about it, as well as the referrals to the Arthur legends. In fact, I can't find anything bad to say about it. I look forward to reading more from Bill Hiatt.

I received a complimentary copy of this b
Toodie Stone
Early Teens!

So sorry didn't realize this was an early teen book. Might possibly recommend to my 14yr old GrandSon. Maybe not. It was always so obvious that this book was written from an adult male stance. The flimsy plot device didnt/couldn't compensate for this failing.
Really bummed that my 1st "read free for review" gets a negative one.
I admire anyone writing a book, especially a teacher attempting this genre. Good luck in the future.
Brian Bigelow
Sep 23, 2013 Brian Bigelow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting for the time travel aspects and the mixture of Arthurian legend in this story line. Found it to be a different take on the whole legend that we've heard so often. Many of the characters have lived through different lives as time has marched on. Definitely got some different images on a few of them like Morgan LaFey.
Dennis Michaels
Apr 18, 2016 Dennis Michaels rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different high school experience

This is a joy to read, The tale is filled with adventure,intrigue,action and a cast of characters to keep you interested. Magic, shape shifters, evil witches, and many more fill your senses throughout.
Julia
Jan 06, 2014 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*see review on Divided Against Yourself* I read the whole series before making seperate reviews.
Cheryl Lengyel
Aug 18, 2015 Cheryl Lengyel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Living With Your Past Selves

I thoroughly reading this book! I thought the plot line was well developed, and loved the character interaction. Will be reading book two very shortly.
L.J. Capehart
Jul 13, 2013 L.J. Capehart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an exciting read! Bill Hiatt writes well, has a great imagination, and keeps the action moving like a good book does. This book definitely needs a sequel, as far as I'm concerned!
Roger Kettler
Roger Kettler rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Jeremy Patrick
Jeremy Patrick rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Solana
Solana rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Didier J Gervais
Didier J Gervais rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Fre
Fre rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Neo000100
Neo000100 rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2017
Ken Horne
Ken Horne rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Sheenah Freitas
Sheenah Freitas rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Alpha_stigma
Alpha_stigma rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2015
Daniel Hedge
Daniel Hedge rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2016
STEVEN BARONE
STEVEN BARONE rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
Felipe  Wilson
Felipe Wilson rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • The Practical Guide to Happiness, If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again
  • Aundes Aura
  • OMG (Oh My God) (CUL8R Time Travel Mystery, #1)
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
  • A Wicked Kind of Dark (The Minaea Chronicles)
  • The League of Delphi (The Delphi Trilogy #1)
  • The Hour of Tiamat
  • Flury: Journey of a Snowman (Claus, #3)
  • Sela (Leland Dragon #2)
  • Boundless
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Collectors Edition (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-3)
  • The Sorcerer’s Quest (The Sorcerer’s Saga, #1)
  • Don't Let the Wind Catch You
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • Per-Bast: A Tale of Cats in Ancient Egypt
Bill Hiatt has been teaching English at Beverly Hills High School since 1981--long enough for some of his current students to be children of his former students. (It's a good thing that doesn't make him feel old--much!) Bill also sponsored the high school's literary magazine from 1992 until June of 2012, which gave him the opportunity to work with a number of young aspiring writers.

Although teachi
More about Bill Hiatt...

Spell Weaver (6 books)
  • Divided against Yourselves
  • Echoes from My Past Lives
  • Hidden among Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #3)
  • Evil within Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #4)
  • We Walk in Darkness (Spell Weaver, #5)
  • Separated from Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #6)