Start by marking “Living with Your Past Selves” as Want to Read:
Living with Your Past Selves

Living with Your Past Selves

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Many teenagers struggle to find their identity, but for Taliesin Weaver, that struggle has become life or death--and not just for him. Tal, as he prefers to be called, believes in reincarnation, and with good reason. When he turned 12, his mind was nearly shattered by a flood of memories, memories of his past lives, hundreds of them. Somehow, Tal managed to pull himself to ...more
ebook, Smashwords Edition (for all distribution partners), 264 pages
Published December 9th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published September 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Living with Your Past Selves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living with Your Past Selves

Sheila
A fine young-adult novel with great characters, clever plot, and intriguingly intelligent depths, Bill Hiatt’s Living With Your Past Selves promises to be the start of a really great series. Cross Hogwarts with a regular American school, add well-researched, historically convincing mythology, plus a touch of reincarnation, and you'll get the idea.

Tal Weaver’s past selves changed his present when their memories suddenly woke with puberty and tried to take over his mind. Now the guitarist plays a
Jackie Williams
A really interesting concept that I hadn't come across before. The book is almost a mixture of Time Travel and Sci-fi on a teen basis.

That someone's past lives could come back to them as vivid memories that engage their everyday life was a new one on me and I was completely swept up in all the action.

I loved the depth and colourfulness of the main characters (Tal, Stan and Carrie) and how they really came to life as the story progressed. Each have their own quirks and differences that make this
Kate McVaugh
Living with Your Past Selves made it into the Amazon Breakthrough Novel quarter finals, and I can see why. Within the first page I was already hooked trying to figure out just what was going on, and by the end of the excerpt I kept clicking on the arrow looking for more pages.

Although I am not a teenager, I really appreciate how Mr. Hiatt uses language that does not talk down to adolescents. This also makes it an appealing read to a much broader audience.

I look forward to reading the entire boo
Billy Bob
This book was recently entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

The readers very much enjoyed the mthological background to much of the story and how well developed the characters were. They felt the book was very well paced and had a nice balance between character development/setting description and action. They thought the relationship between Stan and Taliesin was well thought out and interesting.
All the readers enjoyed the author's style. They felt he worked
Brian Bigelow
Interesting for the time travel aspects and the mixture of Arthurian legend in this story line. Found it to be a different take on the whole legend that we've heard so often. Many of the characters have lived through different lives as time has marched on. Definitely got some different images on a few of them like Morgan LaFey.
Julia
*see review on Divided Against Yourself* I read the whole series before making seperate reviews.
L.J. Capehart
This was an exciting read! Bill Hiatt writes well, has a great imagination, and keeps the action moving like a good book does. This book definitely needs a sequel, as far as I'm concerned!
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Eric
Eric is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Blind_guardian
Blind_guardian marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Saša Petalinkar
Saša Petalinkar marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Rachel Marie
Rachel Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jack Smith
Jack Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Ryan Oberg
Ryan Oberg marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kei Pags
Kei Pags is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2014
Angelyn
Angelyn marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Nightswift
Nightswift marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Ryse Lawrence
Ryse Lawrence marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Nelia Madeira
Nelia Madeira marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
GiGi
GiGi marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Tamslyn
Tamslyn marked it as to-read
 Frenchie
Frenchie marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bill Hiatt has been teaching English at Beverly Hills High School since 1981--long enough for some of his current students to be children of his former students. (It's a good thing that doesn't make him feel old--much!) Bill also sponsored the high school's literary magazine from 1992 until June of 2012, which gave him the opportunity to work with a number of young aspiring writers.

Although teachi
More about Bill Hiatt...
Divided against Yourselves Echoes from My Past Lives A Parent's Guide to Parent-Teacher Communication Living with Your Past Selves - ABNA 2013 Entry