Start by marking “Jo's Journey (Lords of Kassis, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jo's Journey (Lords of Kassis, #3)

Jo's Journey (Lords of Kassis #3)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  1,396 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Jo Strauss was committed to two things in her life – her family and her life as an acrobat/high-wire performer. She takes both very serious. Her life was orderly, in control, and she was finally settling down in one place so she could spend more time with her parents instead of moving all over the world every few weeks. To celebrate her and younger sister, Star’s, one year ...more
ebook
Published September 12th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Jo's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jo's Journey

Jonel Boyko
May 05, 2016 Jonel Boyko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rlftci-2016
I love the way that the beginning of this novel is written. The main characters are involved in their current predicaments and they flash back to previous events to give context and an in-depth backstory. It’s a fantastic feeling. But Smith doesn’t stop there. Suspense, romance, and comic moments all vie for centre stage as we travel the galaxy with this unlikely crew of characters. Vibrant descriptions are woven throughout the intensely captivating plot to create an epic whole that I couldn’t ...more
Laz the Sailor
Sep 30, 2013 Laz the Sailor rated it really liked it
Well, the stories just keep getting better. This was more fun than a bunch of clowns in the middle of a war zone. Oh wait...

The only downside - the story got in the way of the sex. Yes there is great longing, and the guys are huge and muscular, and the gals are strong and sexy - but can we please have some serious climb-the-walls scream-to-wake-the-neighbors sex!?!
Elizabeth
Wow! Circus magic plus hot alien men, dogs, cats and elephants.

Subjectively, it feels as if I've waited FOREVER for the third story of the prophesied female warriors. Objectively, it's only been a bit over 2 years since River's Run and 9 months since Star's Storm. (FOREVER). But, Jo's story is finally here and I celebrated its arrival by racing through it non-stop. Now I have the pleasure of going back and re-reading slowly to catch more details, interact with new and old characters and hope tha
Kate Phoenix
3 Stars for this book. I love this author. It's always a pleasure to read her books.

It's Jo's turn now. River and Star's books were great and I loved River's the most. Jo is unhappy because she misses her parents in the end Manota and her travel back to get her parents to go back with them. The whole circus ends up going... which leads to more characters being added to the series which obviously is ingenious idea.

But all that said the end was good with catching the bad guy but I still wasn't fe
Jess
Nov 27, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it
Loved this series! Definitely one of my favorites from this author so far. I'm so bummed that I have to wait for the next one to be released, I was really enjoying just being able to binge read them.
Linda Levy
Oct 20, 2016 Linda Levy rated it it was amazing
Read this book you will not be disappointed. You will be rushing to get the others in this series.
Three women who can kick butt and laugh about it have just made my day. Loved their upbringing.
So much happens I cannot tell you in a review as it goes in so many directions.
Whilst this book focuses on Jo and Manota we have the others all weaving through it.
We have these books all working and weaving together at the same time but in different directions. This whole series is brilliantly done.
If you
Mandie Trahan
Nov 16, 2016 Mandie Trahan rated it really liked it
I loved this one so much.
Spuffed
Another enjoyable addition to the series. A little annoyed by CHick's reluctance to submit to her soulmate but other than that, no complaints.

Overall: SO all three "sisters" from Earth are finally recognized as the prophecy meant to save the planet or universe or whatever. Jo is distraught about her parents back on Earth not knowing what happened to their daughters so her Dude (Manota- middle brother ruler of Kassis) decides to take her back to Earth to bring her parents back to Kassis with them
Tam B.
Sep 15, 2013 Tam B. rated it liked it
WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I may have to come back and edit this as I think I need a re-read of this book. But here we go.

I really like SE Smith. I love her writing and the fact that she writes some many books. Any book she writes is guaranteed to entertain me - they all have so far. This one fell a little short for me.

I think the reason is that Star's Storm (book 2) was so great - Star recovers from a serious injury, gets her man, he gets taken and then she is key to the small group getting him
annette colon
May 29, 2015 annette colon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The circus is in town and the galaxy will never be the same again

Jo never thought that her life would end up like this. Living in a galaxy so far away from her home and family. She's homesick and being away from her family makes her die a little inside.
Manota has loved Jo from the moment he saw her. Her happiness is his main concern. He decides to go to earth and bring her parents back with him. Jo is ecstatic but Manota is nervous wreck, wondering if her parents will like him or not. He's afra
Raine
I think this book was the best of this series that I've read so far. Not as steamy as the first one, but was very entertaining and funny. I like that the author put all the relationships at the end of the book. I also can't wait for the next book with Ricki and Risteard.

*****Re-read for the 3rd time*****
Last read on 12/31/2014

I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 5 stars. Just because I really liked the whole circus getting on the ship and moving to another planet thing. This was was the most
Wendy Dinwiddie
Jan 30, 2014 Wendy Dinwiddie rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book. Loved all the circus characters that were introduced and made this a fun read. My only disappointment with this book was there wasn't much of River or Star. Jo and Star are sisters and they claim River is a surrogate sister. The circus is a family and River says Jo and Star's parents were always like second parents and even more so when her own parents died tragically and she lived with them. When Jo goes to get her parent's they ask about Star but not River and when ever ...more
Jessica Hale
Sep 15, 2013 Jessica Hale rated it it was amazing
Once i started i didn't want to put this down, we have a few fight scenes, steamy sex scense plus scenes to make you laugh and lots of new interesting characters to meet.
How the scenes were written made you believe you were right there with the characters and the reactions from people who have never seen a circus preform was real and great.
Then the humans show just because they are a circus doesn't mean they don't know how to handle themselves.
Then there is also the relationship devleoping betwe
Elaine Kirby
Jun 08, 2016 Elaine Kirby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Alien Dead!

This story was as action packed as going to see the circus. Jo & Manota are perfect for each other; even though it took Jo awhile to admit her feelings for Manota. Jo & Manota go to Earth to get her parents but get a whole bunch of other people too. This book contains lots of alien males finding their mate but not necessarily getting to mate them; the bad alien dies after being lured into a trap, lots of sex scenes, lots of fight scenes & hot sexy Aliens along with ele
Alina Neacşu
Jan 29, 2015 Alina Neacşu rated it liked it
good book but i'm looking forward to book 4 more:

“Ajaska!” Jo, Star and River gasped at the same time.
“What?” He grinned again before he finished off his drink. “I think I need another drink.”
“What about my daughter?” Walter growled out. “What are you going to do?”
Ajaska shrugged his shoulders. “Kidnap her back,” he said with a mischievous grin. “Right from under his royal blue nose.”
To be continued…..
Sandra
Sep 14, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Manota is waiting somewhat impatiently for Jo to come to terms with being his mate. However, she has a serious case of the guilts over the original kidnapping and leaving her parents back on Earth.

So Manota's dad suggests he goes back and grab them too.

Thus the whole Circus, including the animals, go on tour to the stars.

Lots of fun.
Angarad
Nov 29, 2014 Angarad rated it liked it
Loved the story, specially how hilarious the circus family turned out to be, on Earth, in space and on Kassis. However, I didn't feel much regarding Manota and Jo. Nothing special, no real courting or fighting... It was a bit blend compared to the 2 previous books. But I am very much looking forward to reading about Ricki's story.
Philleys Peters
Oct 12, 2015 Philleys Peters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A 5 star read

A fine follow-up to River and Star's stories. Jo and her mate Manota return from Earth (with some trouble along the way), with her parents and the whole circus of family and friends. The final confrontation with Tai Tek awaits. To fully enjoy this book, read books 1 and 2 first. Sci-fi romance extraordinaire!
Biljana
Aug 18, 2015 Biljana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance
I really love this series it has a perfect mix of romance, action and humour that keeps you captivated from beginning to end.

I can't wait to read the next instalment, just to be witness to all these amazing men fall at the feet of their warrior women.
Brittany
Jan 06, 2014 Brittany rated it it was amazing
I love how the heroine in this is so fun and goes after what she wants. Her family! I love the circus people we meet in this one. What an awesome way to bring some closure to the story. I cannot wait for book four!!
Diane T.
What a delight. This one has it all. Love, passion, action, and laughs. It just doesn't get much better. I grin every time I think of those big bad Kassian warriors trying to figure out clowns. Keep up the good work, Ms. Smith.
Barbara Eichler-Cline
Circus

This book was an adventure. Continuing with the circus sisters and a trip back to earth. Enjoyed Tony and the Frenchmen. Enjoyed the circus family and the robots found who they were programmed to find. Plenty of tender romance and leads for potential books.
მოყ
I like everything about this book but the hero and the heroine. Jo was soooo boring. But i loved the circus and all that came with it.
Michele bookloverforever
dastardly foe strikes again. a trap is set. more earth people come to Kassis. more mates are found. the trap is sprung. who triumphs? alien romance and suspense. looking forward to Jane Doe' s story.
Elizabeth Wood
Apr 08, 2014 Elizabeth Wood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Does not Disappoint

The third in this series keeps going with the antics of John, Star and River! These books are a joy to read.
Kimchi
Feb 10, 2014 Kimchi rated it liked it
Lions and Aliens, clowns oh my , this book was out there. I liked the plot and all the new characters ,
Caitlin
Jan 25, 2015 Caitlin rated it it was amazing
This book is great! It is my favorite in the series so far. I love the auxiliary characters in this story, especially the carnies.
Penny Stephens
Dec 10, 2014 Penny Stephens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

I love all her books so far. Hope to get to read more in the future..love the imaginative planets and life from forms
Nancy L Gavillet
GREAT

Another great book in a great series by a great author. These series by S.E.Smith have been so much fun to read, I know I'll miss all the time spent with Ms. Smith.
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series and I cant wait for the next one to come out and continue the story
  • Alien Caged (Clans of Kalquor, #8)
  • Kiljorn Prime (Katieran Prime, #4)
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • The Gryphons' Dream (The Soul-Linked Saga , #5 )
  • Engulf (New World, #5)
  • Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred,  #8)
  • Hunting Cari (First Wave, #1)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • Aiden and Ky (Tales of the Shareem, #3)
S. E. Smith enjoys the art of writing and being a storyteller who shares love and laughter through her works. She likes to travel and go camping in between working on computers and spending time with her family. Readers can check out her website at http://sesmithfl.com.
More about S.E. Smith...

Lords of Kassis (6 books)
  • River's Run (Lords of Kassis, #1)
  • Star's Storm (Lords of Kassis, #2)
  • Rescuing Mattie (Lords of Kassis, #3.1)
  • Risteard’s Unwilling Empress (Lords of Kassis, #4)
  • Jarmen's Jane Doe (Lords of Kassis, #5)