Start by marking “Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction, #4)

Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction #4)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  1,428 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
All this mercenary wants is to kill and loot his way to fame and fortune, but his plans change when a human accidentally steals his heart.

Makl is looking to become the greatest mercenary the universe has known. In true family tradition, he leaves a trail of mayhem and bodies wherever he goes. steals the most priceless of items, ravishes females left and right. But that all
Published February 7th 2013 by Create Space (first published January 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Mercenary Abduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercenary Abduction

Nikki McCarver
Jan 31, 2013 Nikki McCarver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went into this book with no previous experience with this series, but with a WHOLE lot of love for her others. I think I have actually found a new favorite in one lovable, purple, arrogant, and dangerously sexy alien. Makl is everything an alpha should be and comes in one of my favorite colors. What could be more awesome then that? We start off with one super-arrogant mercenary, hard-core trained, and dying to stand out from the rest of the family. He lives and breaths by his Mercenary's ...more
Marie Hall
Jun 04, 2013 Marie Hall rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 18+
Recommended to Marie by: No one
I have never read a Langalis novel, in fact, when I got this I had no idea this was book 4 of the series. I can honestly say, you don't need to have any knowledge of the series to follow along and I'll also note, that I didn't hold out a lot of hope that I'd fall in love with it. I just thought it would be a cute story in between stories. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. This story was hilarious and sexy, and to make me love a purple skinned alien with shark type teeth, yeah... the author ...more
Angi
While I enjoyed reading Eve's books this one was hard for me to get into and follow. I won't give up reading her books but I believe that I will stick with the shifters. Thanks for the interesting read.
Jenifer Mohammed
Mar 01, 2014 Jenifer Mohammed rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Loved, loved this story!

Such a sweet and sexy and downright funny story. Olivia and Makl have great chemistry and are so funny together. I can't wait to read more in this series.
Jonel Boyko
Langlais yet again puts pen to paper to create a story that I won’t soon forget. She took me out of this world with her vividly visual descriptions and endlessly entertaining plot. This novel is fast paced and action packed. I love Langlais’ character names. They’re definitely unique but still easy to remember and say. The alien names definitely stand out from the much more standard human names that she uses.

The banter and squabbling between Makl and Olivia was the focal point of their relation
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Readers were barely given an introduction to Makl at the end of Dual Abduction. His family has tasked him with getting Tren and Megan a nanny. Tren and Megan are the couple from Accidental Abduction. That being said you can easily jump into Eve’s world of sexy purple alien love with this book and not be lost or confused. Each book in this series works as a stand alone.

Makl is trying to make a name for himself in the world of bloodthirsty acquisitionist specialist mercenary for hire. Things are
Kelly
May 15, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Ha! I always end up so entertained by these books. I mean, purple alien badass meets human woman who isn't afraid to challenge him. Sparks fly! Clothing gets divested! Naked times happen! Oh, and a lot of people end of dying. Because, you know, that's what purple alien badasses do.

What did I love about this particular installment? Makl might seem like a big, dumb brute but he has a quick mind and an unquenchable thirst for danger. He's hilarious. I really, really, REALLY can't stop laughing at b
Julia Mills
Feb 06, 2013 Julia Mills rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve has done it again!!! This was another great trip into space with a hotter than hot purple alien who finds love with a barbarian human.

Eve's unique brand of humor, thrills and sensuality brings Makl and Olivia's story to life! I simply could not put this book down!

If you are looking for an amazing story with lots of laughs and LOTS OF STEAMY LOVE, I suggest you get to reading this new from Ever Langlais right now!!

Thanks Eve! Look forward to reading more of your work!
Rinny Rainwind
Dec 24, 2014 Rinny Rainwind rated it it was amazing
This is book four in the alien abduction series. This was the funniest book by far in the series. This is the story of a mercenary who is sent to find a nanny for his cousin's screaming baby. She is on an auction block on a planet that "does not exist". She is a scam artist but he has to figure that out. After many adventures and lots of laughs you have to see how this book ends. I can't wait for the next one they are getting funnier and funnier as I go.
Tasha
Jan 29, 2015 Tasha rated it it was amazing
So if you haven't read any of the Purple Alien Smoking Hot (no that is not the real name of the series) Books then let me tell you this... you are missing out on the chance of a lifetime to wish you had your own Purple Smoking Hot Alien (but avoid the teeth those even scare me a little hehe) that will leave you breathless from laughing and swooning...
Hollie
Nov 25, 2014 Hollie rated it it was amazing
Loved this - one of a kind

What a pleasant surprise. I loved that this book didn't have insta-love. The plot was not only fun but fast paced. The characters were irresistible. Great read. best in series so far.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of Mercenary Abduction from Manic Readers in exchange of an honest review*

Very hot and fun read.

Full review to be posted soon at Risqué Reviews.
Gizzie
If you liked Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean, you will love Makl. With the great humor in this book you won't be disappointed.
Malinda
4.5-5 stars

This was a great story. I really loved Olivia and Makl and totally enjoyed their story. A great addition to the series...I hope she writes more of these books. :D

Olivia is a human that was sold in to slavery to aliens by her mother at the age of 10. She ended up adopted by her "Uncle" Murphy and learned the way of the Galaxy. Once she was grown she started running scams and doing jobs with a partner (that looks like a dog) named, Ifruum. Things are going pretty good for her until her
Spuffed
I just really loved this particular book in the series. The characters were just so hilariously delightful and the author didn't beat to death the personal relationship between the Chick and the Dude. It was mentioned but appropriately so. Very well done for a delightful, alien smut, humor novel.

Quick Rundown: Dude (one of the cousins of the Mercenary Family of Aliens (purple ones) whom I've grown to love is on a constant quest to be one of the most well known and famous Mercenary's ever known.
Charlene
Nov 10, 2013 Charlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, alien-heroes
Makl idolizes his cousin Tren, a "high and mighty infamous former mercenary now turned cut-throat politician". In childhood, the purple alien's father gave Makl his (now tattered) "Mercenary's Guide To Prosperity" which he slavishly follows. Being a merc is big business, and Makl used a professional photographer to take the headshots for his wanted posters and searches for the perfect title-he's currently trying "Galactic Avenger".

Makl is highly skilled and feared by many but, after his tough a
Maura
Nov 16, 2015 Maura rated it liked it
A.R. Von
Mar 20, 2013 A.R. Von rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another great alien adventure by Eve Langlais that continues with hilarious antics, fun, excitement, a sexy purple morsel of a male and sexy scenes that get your pulse in an uproar! This is the fourth book in the Alien Abduction series, and it can definitely be read as a stand-alone, but I recommend reading the entire series, it’s a blast!

Olivia is a human that’s live amongst aliens a majority of her life. She’s beautiful, smart as a whip, a great actress; witty and very tricky (I really like he
Marianne
You can't go wrong with one of Eve Langlais's purple alien hunks stories.

Once again we're off on a ride with our favorite purple mercenary. This time we're introduced to Makl, the not quite as famous cousin who is taking advantage of the void the other purple dudes have left behind after finding their human mates and settling down.

Makl goes after a higher kill-count and acquisition specialist notoriety - oh, and the bothersome task of picking up a human nanny for his infamous cousin Tren. How d
Linda Levy
Jun 17, 2016 Linda Levy rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better.
Makl is the best one yet. He is so over the top it is hilarious and he means every word, that is what makes him so funny.
Add in Olivia who Makl thinks is an innocent human virgin who will make an ideal nanny for his cousin Trens child from hell and you are set for a real caper through space.
Olivia is neither a virgin nor innocent, she is also a shyster working with her friend Ilfruum, who is really her Uncle, the God Murphy. You know from Murphy’s law. (Mur
Tara
Oct 24, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads, aliens
Aliens, mercenaries, and humans, what more could you ask for? Makl Is an alien with- and this is my opinion- illusions of grandeur. He wishes to be the best mercenary in the universe and he even knows the mercenary handbook by heart. His ego is huge, he's pretty much overconfident, and he's definitely arrogant, yet he's entitled to be because he has the smarts, strength, and looks to back it all up. Still when his family calls even Makl has to answer and they want him to find a human nanny for ...more
Karen
Feb 20, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a addition to this series,

Makl was so much fun, a happy killer lol,,, he was great and his new captive Olivia she was just as much fun. They do belong together, the relartionship was not forced, but spectacular!

Who would think this virgin slave he is kidnapping to deliver as a nanny would be the niece of a diety, well two gods and that she was a big as a thief as he was a murderer, both were sarcastic and lovable at the same time.

The hot steamy sex between them was a joy and fun to read
Crystal
Apr 29, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: futuristic, keeper
Am sorry that I now have no more purple aliens to look forward to. Dear author, please find more of this interesting race to write about.

So our H, in search of infamy (seriously) is interrupted while casing out his next heist. The interruption? His aunt sending him on a quest to find a human nanny. He stumbles across just what he's looking for at a slave auction although...the h is actually pulling a con. Mayhem ensues. With the aid of her honorary uncle - Murphy (yes; that murphy) they achieve
Michelle
Feb 06, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in the Alien Abduction series and it's my favourite so far. Makl is a mercenary with a lot to live up too, his couins are at the top of their game and he is desperate to become even more infamous than them. He is always coming up with schemes to raise his notoriety and hopefully out do his cousins. Now that his cousins have fell in love and are starting families he see's this as his chance to shine. When his Aunt calls upon him to do something for the family he can't ...more
Elle
Mar 15, 2016 Elle rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
By far, it's my most favourite in the series.

I liked Olivia. She's capable of protecting herself and not some lady in distress. Makl, on the other hand, is annoying to boot with his being too cocky and self-assured. Yet, I can't help to like when he's being funny and adventurous most times.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book because of the banter and conversation between main characters. I liked the humour and snarks in the story as well. Not forget to mention, smut scenes are hot.

I actually was fu
Amanda Felts
While I still love this series, this book didn't hit the same notes as books 2 and 3. It was still good, but there were things that made this story more tedious than 2 and 3 – more of a reminder of book 1. Makl is an almost insufferable egomaniac who is ridiculously desperate to outshine his cousins. While he has his moments, he certainly can be tiring. Olivia has an attitude a mile wide that is never ending. Ugh. She has constant brashness and defiance regardless of the situation. A girl can ...more
Suzan
Mar 14, 2013 Suzan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I've read the rest of this series and really enjoyed this addition to it! I absolutely adored Makl! He's such an adorable rogue, you can't help falling in love with him! I loved Olivia as well, espeacially when she met Megan and Tren and managed to solve their parenting problem so they didn't need a nanny! It was fun getting to meet the infamous Murphy that you hear about throughout the series as well, not to mention his sister Karma.
I had such a laugh at the Mercenary Handbook as well. Makl kep
Beth Fuller
Dec 04, 2014 Beth Fuller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult Paranormal Romance and Eve Langlais fans
Once again we're off on a ride with our favorite purple aliens, and what a ride it is. This time we join up with Makl, the cousin who is taking advantage of the void the other purples have left behind, as he goes after a higher kill-count and acquisition specialist notoriety - oh, and the bothersome task of picking up a human nanny for cousin Tren. How delightful is it that the barbarian he acquires is just as light-fingered, although a bit on the squeamish side, as he!

This story is told with t
Leona Bowman
Dec 20, 2014 Leona Bowman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy and hot! What's not like!!!!!!!

I did not think Eve could write a hotter or funny story, but she has. if you like the first three books in this series you will love this one.. if you not read Eve books, then it's a must.. So worth it. She is very entertaining, you start reading and before you know it your done book. And want more. Which I am happy there's a few more books to this series.. plus other stories of hers. Enjoy... laugh and cry at the same time..

Hugs.....
Eleighna
5 Stars!

I want my own purple hero!! As soon as I started reading this book I immediately fell in love with the MC. He is arrogant, funny, tall, muscular, purple, possessive, deadly and shameless. I LOVED both the mc's as well as the supporting characters in this book. I loved them so much, I have now read every book in this series. I only wish that this story was longer and we got to experience more STEAMY scenes between the MC's. If you have not read these books yet you are definitely missing o
  • Alien Redemption (Clans of Kalquor, #6)
  • Saved by the Alien Lord (Warriors of the Lathar #2)
  • Razor's Traitorous Heart (The Alliance, #2)
  • Enemy Overnight (Aliens Overnight #2)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • Planet X
  • Warlord's Bounty (Barbarian Claims, #1)
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • Taurus (Galactic Cage Fighters, #3)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali
More about Eve Langlais...

Alien Abduction (7 books)
  • Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1)
  • Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2)
  • Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3)
  • Heroic Abduction (Alien Abduction, #5)
  • Holiday Abduction (Alien Abduction, #6)
  • Reader Abduction (Alien Abduction, #7)

“I’ve no time to wait on your feminine games. We leave now.” In true caveman style, he upended her over his shoulder despite her squealed, “Don’t you dare.”

“Oh, stuff it. A deal is a deal. I told you I needed your help. You agreed so long as we escaped. Congratulations. We’re escaping. Now, make it good for the cameras, would you? I’ve got a reputation to create.”
8 likes
“Say it again.” “Say what? Suck me harder? Can’t I get a moment to recover, you insatiable barbarian?” Olivia laughed. “No, purple. The other thing.” 0 likes