Start by marking “Wrath of Lions (Breaking World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wrath of Lions (Breaking World, #2)

Wrath of Lions (The Breaking World #2)

In this second volume of the sprawling dark fantasy epic The Breaking World, gods and armies are on the move as all of Dezrel prepares for war…and nothing short of total subjugation will suffice.

In the east, Karak invades Paradise with an army twenty thousand strong. Meanwhile, Ashhur travels west along the Gods’ Road, gathering as many of his people as he can against the
Published March 25th 2014 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Wrath of Lions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrath of Lions

Stephen
Jul 13, 2014 Stephen rated it it was amazing
This is an amazingly good book. From the first page you open it up to, right through to the end - it grabs you and pulls you in, and doesn't let go the entire time. David Dalglish and Robert Duperre have done a great job writing a book that works so well. It's huge, length wise, compared to Dalglish's usual books - but the size works with them to supporting telling an immense story fully.

As a long-time Dalglish reader, there were many references to his other books and it really felt true to the
Christopher
Jan 23, 2016 Christopher rated it liked it
This book/series is both epic and small at the same time. Two brother gods attempt to create a world for humans but have differing views how to lead their respective peoples. One god coddles them like children in a perpetual paradise while another lets let lead more "normal" lives, complete with politics, suffering, etc.

Eventually these two views clash and the gods prepare their people for war. While I like the repeated crises of faith the various characters have, the world feels *small*. The va
Brandon
This is a big book and there is a lot going on. I don't know if this is the best time to be reading an epic like this as most of my reading time is split with keeping an eye on a 1 and a half year old. But I enjoyed it and am interested how the story wraps up.

I'm not feeling much of a connection to any of the characters and that's a bummer. I think I'm still reeling from the guy I thought I was liking ending up being the guy you aren't supposed to like.
David Teachout
Nov 08, 2014 David Teachout rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, fantasy
Continues to be a great story, giving the best of what Dalglish's world has come to offer. Excellent action, dialogue that portrays the characters differently and a mythology that is entirely about exploring humanity. Whether you want to read this trilogy first and then the rest of the books second or vice versa doesn't matter, you'll be exclaiming all the way.
gwen shrake
Jan 14, 2015 gwen shrake rated it it was amazing
Wrath of lions (book 2)

After reading book one, I wanted more. Book 2 is fast paced with new characters, romance, wars, magic incantations and spells and so much more. I'm ready for book 3.
Ann
Apr 15, 2014 Ann rated it it was amazing
As usual, this author did one hell of a job! The characters, the plot, the world building, absolutely amazing! There were some evening shocking twist, and turns! I am absolutely loving these characters! I cannot wait for the next book to come out
Amanda
May 29, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Loved!

You guys have created one heck of a story. I'm so impressed with this book, the depths of the story line, the characters and the world. I can't wait for the next book.

Patti
Jul 27, 2015 Patti rated it it was amazing
On to the last one and wondering if any of the main characters will survive the battle :) Thumbs down on language but the story is great!
paul pedro
paul pedro rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2016
Scott Olson
Scott Olson rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2016
Asge Nørregaard
Asge Nørregaard rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Kirk Levesque
Kirk Levesque rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
Jordan Sherman
Jordan Sherman rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Evan Grant
Evan Grant rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Phillip Curry
Phillip Curry rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
La Vell Williams Jr
La Vell Williams Jr rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Todd
Todd rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Taiwo Madison
Taiwo Madison rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
victor garcia
victor garcia rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
David Jelinek
David Jelinek rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2015
DM
DM rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Damian J A adams
Damian J A adams rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2016
Wes Andrews
Wes Andrews rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Joseph
Joseph rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Wonko
Wonko rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Andrew Mitchell
Andrew Mitchell rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Astarle
Astarle rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Nancy Brewer
Nancy Brewer rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
  • Coronation (Kid Sensation #5)
  • Once We Were Like Wolves (Tears of Rage, #2)
  • Bob Moore: No Hero  (Bob Moore, #1)
  • The King of the Crags (The Memory of Flames, #2)
  • Untold Tales (Legends of Fyrsta #0.5)
  • In the Still of the Night (Black Knight Chronicles #5)
  • The Weaver's Lament (Symphony of Ages, #9)
  • Troll Mountain: Episode III (Troll Mountain, #3)
  • The Seedbearing Prince: Part I (World Breach #1)
  • The Wizard, The Farmer, And The Very Petty Princess
  • One-Eyed Jack (Promethean Age, #5)
  • Bane of Malekith
  • Labyrinth of Fire (Island of Fog, #2)
  • Battlemage (The Age of Darkness Trilogy, #1)
  • Eye of the Wizard (Misfit Heroes #1)
  • Abominable
  • The Crimson Legion (Dark Sun: Prism Pentad, #2)
  • The Way Into Chaos (The Great Way #1)

The Breaking World (3 books)
  • Dawn of Swords (Breaking World, #1)
  • Blood of Gods (Breaking World, #3)