Start by marking “Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons” as Want to Read:

This collection of laugh-out-loud jokes, one-liners, and other lighthearted glimpses of life-drawn from Reader's Digest magazine's most popular humor columns-is sure to tickle the funny bone. Packed with more than 1,000 jokes, anecdotes, cartoons, quotes, and stories contributed by professional comedians, joke writers, and readers of the magazine, this side-splitting ...more
Published January 6th 2011 by Reader's Digest

To ask other readers questions about Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine

Todd Cannon
Mar 17, 2013 Todd Cannon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
When I first discovered Reader's Digest my favorite part was the humor columns. Humor in Uniform, All in a Day's Work, Life in These United States, etc. I loved them all. When I was 13 I was in a Community Theatre production of Oliver! and we rehearsed in the basement of the City Library. Down there I found stacks and stacks of back issues of Reader's Digest and I read them constantly while waiting for my musical numbers or scenes to be rehearsed. Because I was reading them many others in the ca ...more
Tiana
Mar 07, 2013 Tiana rated it really liked it
Pretty much exactly like you would expect, especially if you've ever read the jokes in Reader's Digest. Nothing mind-blowingly funny, but entertaining tidbits that will bring a smile to your face. I liked that I could pick this up and read when I only had a minute to spare, since lately I've been too busy to actually read a novel.
Mark
Sep 29, 2012 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, but did not like mingling of real stories with made up jokes.
Grampy
Apr 05, 2013 Grampy rated it really liked it
“Laughter Really Is the Best Medicine” is a compilation of more than 1,000 jokes submitted to Reader’s Digest magazine’s 'Laughter is the Best Medicine' column over the years. Regardless of whether you believe laughter can literally enhance your health, you will certainly get a healthy dose of humor out of this book.

I’ve been a subscriber to Reader’s Digest for more years than I care to remember, and the joke pages are where I always go first, before I read any of the more serious articles. I e
Charlotte
Sep 04, 2013 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed reading Reader's Digest Magazine and especially enjoy the jokes in each issue. I have also purchased several books published by Reader's Digest over the years so I know their products are of excellent quality.

This book lives up to the company's reputation. Many of the jokes made me laugh out loud, and I also enjoyed the cartoons. I was pleasantly surprised to find them in color on my Kindle.

There were a number of jokes included in this book that I have seen in e-mails
Cara
Apr 21, 2013 Cara rated it liked it
3.5
It's exactly how you think it would be, chalk full of old/older Reader's Digest jokes and stories. Make no mistake, this is not the most laugh out loud, world's funniest collection of jokes/stories you are going to want to write home about...but they were entertaining enough. Honestly, that's precisely what I was in the mood for. It was a pleasant, silly little break from some current novels I'm reading. So, if you are like me and enjoy reading something cute and fun, just a bunch of random e
Shayne
Sep 22, 2012 Shayne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh, not exactly sure I'd classify this is as some of Reader's Digest funniest jokes. However, there are definitely some good ones intermittently throughout the book. What I clearly did not care for we're the jokes dealing with death. Guess I'm not a point in my life where I can see the laughter in death. Overall this book was okay, nothing special. Since I only spent $3.99, it's not a major loss.
Tammy
Mar 08, 2013 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Obviously this review is a no-brainer. If you grew up like I did, and couldn't wait to read the funny parts of the digest, this book is definitely for you. If not, then you are in for a pleasant surprise! Either way, you win by reading this collection of jokes and anecdotes. Highly recommend!
Limau Nipis
I love Reader's Digest because of its humour section.

This one reminds me of the IT Crowd, a popular sitcom in the UK.

Tech Support: Click on the My Computer icon to the left of the screen.

Customer: Do you mean your left or mine?
Serena
Mar 21, 2013 Serena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty much as expected. Lots of short slices of life told with humor. Great for those who don't have long stretches of time to read.
juliet swigor
Jul 24, 2016 juliet swigor rated it it was amazing
Lots of great laughs!

A good variety of funny jokes and stories - would highly recommend! I am looking forward to reading others in the series.
David Ward
Mar 10, 2014 David Ward rated it liked it
Laughter the Best Medicine by the Reader's Digest Association (Reader's Digest 2012) (550) is a king-sized collection of truly corny jokes. My rating: 5/10, finished 3/10/14.
Barbara
Jun 21, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book just to pick up and read a few pages. It will put a smile on your face. Some of the jokes have been around awhile. But they still make you smile.
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Jennifer Jackson
Jennifer Jackson rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2015
DeAnn Oneill
DeAnn Oneill rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Dot
Dot rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Mark Walker
Mark Walker rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Lee
Lee rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Noell Martinez
Noell Martinez rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Nishant Bhaya
Nishant Bhaya rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2015
Jill Mccarthy
Jill Mccarthy rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2014
Jack Lovig
Jack Lovig rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Issa
Issa rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Amanda Campbell
Amanda Campbell rated it liked it
May 24, 2014
tina amato
tina amato rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Patricia Gressman
Patricia Gressman rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Nathanael Stephens
Nathanael Stephens rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Pheebz
Pheebz rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Instant Genius
  • Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life
  • I Wish I Knew That: U.S. Presidents: Cool Stuff You Need To Know
  • Diary of a Mall Santa
  • The Endlands (Volume 2)
  • My Funny Major Medical
  • Always Remember to Tip Your Ninja: And Other Maxims for the Clinically Absurd
  • The Gate: 13 Dark and Odd Tales
  • Stairlift to Heaven
  • The Cat Manual
  • Pizza Pie in the Sky: A Complete Guide to Pizza
  • 2013 Almanac: Free Stuff, Scams and Savings, Diet and Health Tips, Movie Classics and More
  • Fowl Weather
  • My Mother's Rules: A Practical Guide to Becoming an Emotional Genius
  • I was a Bad Kid: True Tales of a Deceptive Child
  • The Dog Next Door
  • Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You
  • It's Only Natural: 200 natural cleaning product recipes to have
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. is a global media and direct marketing company based in Chappaqua, New York, best known for its flagship publication founded in 1922, Reader's Digest. The company's headquarters are in New York City, where it moved from Pleasantville, New York.

The company was founded by DeWitt and Lila Wallace in 1922 with the first publication of Reader's Digest magazine, but
More about Reader's Digest Association...

“contacted” 0 likes
“My wife and I were living in Cambridge, Massachusetts—the quintessential college town. Rushing through the supermarket checkout, we didn’t notice we were in a 12-item line and what we had was way over the limit. The weary cashier looked at all our groceries. “Are you from Harvard and can’t count or from MIT and can’t read?” — BRADFORD” 0 likes