Start by marking “The Italian Mission” as Want to Read:
The Italian Mission

The Italian Mission

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
John Adams Conti, disillusioned ex-CIA agent, languishes at the American Embassy to the Vatican. A Buddhist monk asks his help protecting a mysterious young Tibetan on the run in Italy from Chinese intelligence agents. Teaming up with an old flame, Conti joins a wild chase along an ancient pilgrimage route through the Tuscan hills. When they discover the identity of the yo ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 218 pages
Published February 24th 2013 by Ciamporcero Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Italian Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Italian Mission

latybug
Jul 27, 2013 latybug rated it really liked it
I received a free download of this book from Story Cartel.
This book was an entertaining read. It had a lot of action in it, which kept me engaged. At times I wasn't even sure who the "good guys" were. I found myself not believing that certain actions were truly going to happen, because something always came up to change the characters' plans. It reminded me of the "Series of Unfortunate Events" books for young readers. Just when you think everything is going to work out, something happens.
There
Beverly
Jul 30, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
This was a good book, filled with lots of action. The main underlying theme was the struggle between the people of Tibet and the Chinese government. There is a smaller secondary struggle between old China and modern China. Thrown in for good measure are Tibetan monks, an ex CIA agent turned diplomat, the CIA, Chinese agents and military, Italian agents, Sicilian mafioso, a rabbi who is also an Israeli agent and South African mercinaries. They all make for one rollicking international romp.
Joni
Jun 10, 2014 Joni rated it really liked it
Well-written thriller with lots of twists and turns. Ex CIA agent is asked to help a young Tibetan, but there are a lot of people who want to make sure the young man doesn't get to where he wants to go.
Patricia
Mar 02, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
"You can't tell the players without a program" applies to this novel too. There are the usual players in an international thriller (the CIA and the Mossad) but Champorcher adds some new characters: South African mercenaries, the Italian police, 2 factions of Chinese intelligence, Tibetan monks, and the Panchen Lama. Even bit players (nuns on pilgrimage, Marine guards at the US Embassy at the Vatican, students at a cooking school, monks at a Tibetan retreat center in Italy, a mafia family) add co ...more
Jun 12, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
I liked this story. It had a lot of good "spy novel" elements. However, there were so many characters with similiar and confusing names and job titles/descriptions that I found it difficult to keep them all straight. Plus it constantly jumped around from one plot to another, sometimes without any sort of chapter change or even a line break to indicate that that was about to happen. Overall it was a good story; it was just a little demanding of the reader to "keep up."
Patricia Bergman
Sep 22, 2013 Patricia Bergman rated it liked it
Those of you who love thrillers may find this one a little trite. It was not particularly thrilling nor intense, although the plot was interesting. I would not recommend this to hard core enthusiasts of this particular genre.
Charee
Mar 17, 2013 Charee rated it liked it
Eh.. It was good but in an overloaded-with-people kind of way. Adding more characters and confusing the chase doesn't always make a thriller very thrilling. I felt bogged down just keeping characters straight.
Matlene Kind
Apr 26, 2013 Matlene Kind rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves Thrillers & Action
Plotted in Italy but at first I was getting lost with the Chinese names..Who is Who?..However it turned out to be one of the most unpredictable books I've ever read! I highly recommended for those who love Action
Rosemary Daly
Apr 04, 2013 Rosemary Daly rated it really liked it
Delightful, action-packed thriller. I recommend this as a great summer at the beach, get away from it all, escape book.
Shirley
Mar 04, 2013 Shirley rated it liked it
Lots of governments with CIA's. Entertaining thriller. Tibet and China issues comprises theme.
Vikas Datta
Interesting..
Devesh Nigam
Devesh Nigam rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Maria Dominguez
Maria Dominguez marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Sneha Handa
Sneha Handa marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Verónica Montalván
Verónica Montalván marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Ruhi
Ruhi marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Reginald J.
Reginald J. marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
John Sakalauskas
John Sakalauskas rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Nathan's Fire
Nathan's Fire rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Nospin
Nospin added it
Jan 21, 2016
Nagy Judit
Nagy Judit marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
john arrigo
john arrigo rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 18, 2015
Marithe Benavente
Marithe Benavente marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015