Start by marking “Laying Low In Hollywood” as Want to Read:
Laying Low In Hollywood

Laying Low In Hollywood

It wasn't the first time she'd had to pick herself up and dust herself off, but after her husband of more than twenty years announced that he wanted a divorce, Lane Jensen thought that she might never recover from this cruel blow.

With her husband gone and both kids away at college, Lane decides it is time for her to do something life changing and unexpected. Unwilling to l
Published 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Laying Low In Hollywood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laying Low In Hollywood

Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsHeaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsDaddy's Game by Normandie Alleman
Touchdown: Romance and American Football
14th out of 257 books — 283 voters
Consequences by Aleatha RomigBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireTruth by Aleatha RomigOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
New Authors to Read
138th out of 3,130 books — 3,785 voters

More lists with this book...

Aditi
Michael Bassey Johnson, an author has quoted about any scandal as:
“Once you have money and fame, the next thing you should expect is scandal and shame.”

Jean Marie Stanberry, an American author has not only opened the whole wide world behind the tinsel town dramas but also surprised us with the prospect of a quirky career for a forty something woman, in her new book, Laying Low In Hollywood .

I can't thank enough to the author, Jean Marie Stanberry, for giving me this opportunity to read and revi
Alison Weber
Jul 05, 2013 Alison Weber rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and I loved it! Forty somethings tend to get ignored in the romance world and this is perfect. Lane Jensen feels as if her life has been destroyed, her cheating husband has left her and wants a divorce and her professional career has also had a minor hiccup. Lane agrees to take a position on a new reality TV show which I can only describe as "Dancing with the Stars" meets "Stars on Ice". She is immediately attracted to her gorgeous co-star, Ron Brannon, who I can only ...more
Vaughn Thompson
Jun 24, 2013 Vaughn Thompson rated it it was amazing
After a painful and unexpected divorce, Lane Jensen finds herself struggling to go on. Knowing she needs to make a change in her life, she takes a job on a reality TV show. "Fire on Ice" is "Dancing with the Stars" meets "Stars on Ice" and Lane has been cast as a coach and choreographer to football legend Ron Brannon, and professional figure skater Elena Denkova. Lane is finding herself attracted to her gorgeous co-star Ron, one problem though, he's married. Though Ron's own marriage is on the ...more
Noelle Channing
Sep 15, 2013 Noelle Channing rated it it was amazing
There is romance after 40! Lane Jensen had it all till her husband of more than 20 years announces to her that he wants a divorce. Lane is devastated, but being the strong woman she is, she keeps trudging along. A chance to work on a new reality TV series seems like a great opportunity, so she heads to Hollywood.

An immediate attraction to co star Ron Brannon is troubling for Lane, he's married, she's in the midst of a divorce. Will Lane find happiness in Hollywood, or will her world be rocked a
Catherine Edwards
Mar 15, 2014 Catherine Edwards rated it it was amazing
Yes, yes, yes!
There is life after forty. Thank God, I thought that all us "forty somethings" were condemned to babysitting the grandchildren and rocking in our rocking chairs. Jean Marie Stanberry shows us all, that women are even better after forty! They can have a new, exciting career. They can ditch the cheating husband and hook up with a new hottie. How can you possibly lay low in Hollywood? It's not easy sister, because there are blackmailing cameramen looking to make a buck. Reporters lurk
Nicole Maricelle
Jan 03, 2015 Nicole Maricelle rated it it was amazing
Okay this book was just plain fun! If you want a romance aimed at us older gals, (over 40) this is it. Don't let all those youngsters have all the fun!

When her husband unexpectedly announces he wants a divorce, Lane Jensen is shocked. She wants to curl up in a ball and die, but does she? No! Like all strong women she knows there is something better out there and where better a place to find it? Hollywood!

I don't want to give away too many delicious details about this book, but let's just say it
Ivy Deluca
Aug 21, 2013 Ivy Deluca rated it it was ok
Freebie from amazon and new to me author. I had a hard time getting into the story, and that was due to the slow, slow buildup and repititive nature of the writing. Descriptions seemed to go on and on, the dialogue was stilted and while the premise was different (ex-figure skater turned choreographer is paired with ex-football player and skater for "Skating with the Stars" type competition), it ultimately failed to pull me in because it wasn't executed well. I think with a good editor there's ...more
Cecile Hurst
Jul 01, 2013 Cecile Hurst rated it it was amazing
I loved it! How does a girl from Colorado Springs lay low in Hollywood? Lane Jensen takes to the ice as a choreographer for a new reality series. Faced with the daunting task of making a pairs skating team with her mismatched team of pro football star Ron Brannon and professional skater Elena Denkova. Throw in a fake boyfriend and a blackmailing cameraman and what you have is a simmering scandal, with the lid ready to blow right off!
Teddy Litza
Mar 03, 2013 Teddy Litza rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
A great inside look on the set of a reality TV show. Main character Lane Jensen is determined to overcome the pain and sadness of her recent divorce and is thrown into the glitz, glamor and scandal of Hollywood. Lane finds herself attracted to co-star Ron Brannon, but one problem...he's married. This was an emotional journey through the "reality" competition and a growing romance. I loved it!
Carol Ann Daughtery
Nov 30, 2013 Carol Ann Daughtery rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan!
I guess I did this all backwards, I read all her other books first, but this book is just uplifting and fun! It just goes to show you that a midlife crisis isn't the end of the world, and good things do happen to people just about the time they need it most. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!
Kimberly Pohl
May 01, 2013 Kimberly Pohl rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I love romance and adventure and this book had both. Endearing and believable characters. All the characters in the story were well developed and important so I didn't feel the the whole world revolved around the two main characters, like in some novels.
Cyndi Hackett
I just loved this story! It's always nice to read a story about a woman who falls in love after 40 ! I just wished the author would have written an epilogue. I just wanted to know more about Ron and Lane.
Emily Madison
Jul 23, 2013 Emily Madison rated it really liked it
Was excited to find a romance with a heroine over forty. I thought the book was well written and I am officially calling myself a fan of Jean Marie Stanberry, I can't wait to see what she come up with next!
Jack Adams
Mar 09, 2013 Jack Adams rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Jack by: Teddy Litza
At great inside look at "reality" TV, the emotional end of relationship and the tentative feelings of a new, "forbidden" love. My wife classified it as chick lit, but I would recommend it to anyone!
Claudia Montrose
Mar 26, 2013 Claudia Montrose rated it it was amazing
An emotional ride! Heroine Lane Jensen manages to navigate the dog eat dog world of reality TV like a champ. She pushes through the ensuing scandal with grace and good humor. I loved it!
Kenneth Wimbley
Mar 31, 2013 Kenneth Wimbley rated it it was amazing
This book was an adventure! I would recommend it to anyone. Dancing with the Stars meets figure skating, I could literally hear the music and see the costumes!
Pamela Thompson
Mar 14, 2013 Pamela Thompson rated it it was amazing
What's better than a forbidden romance? A forbidden romance teetering on the edge of scandal in the midst of a reality TV show!!!
Helena Cardoza
Feb 12, 2015 Helena Cardoza rated it it was amazing
Leave it to me to read her first book last, but I have to say that I loved it! Forty somethings deserve romance too!
Lyoness Bradley
Feb 18, 2014 Lyoness Bradley rated it really liked it
I loved the characters and the story but I would have loved just a little bit more spice. I found it a bit tame but all and all a great read!
Heinz Grimaldi
Apr 06, 2013 Heinz Grimaldi rated it it was amazing
Betrayal, forbidden love, and a fake boyfriend. All this teetering on the edge of scandal, on the set of a reality TV show, enough said, you just have to read it!!!
Elizabeth Hartley-Adams
Mar 13, 2013 Elizabeth Hartley-Adams rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Jack Adams
As the sister in law of a famous figure skater I loved this book. It's a perfect mix of fun and scandal.
Vero
Feb 23, 2016 Vero rated it liked it
Shelves: sport
Le doy 3.5, me gustó bastante y lo leí de un tirón así que supongo que si lo hubiese leído en otro momento a lo mejor le hubiese puesto más nota...

Miru
Miru rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2014
Chanel
Feb 19, 2014 Chanel marked it as to-read
X
Jessica Grey
Jessica Grey rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2014
Karina
Karina rated it did not like it
May 25, 2014
Jane
Aug 18, 2013 Jane rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013

2.5

Instalove, no real chemistry between MC's
Rob Loire
May 01, 2013 Rob Loire rated it really liked it
Love Jean Stanberry and I loved this book, can't wait for her new one!
Hortencia Benavidez
Hortencia Benavidez rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Jean Stanberry has been writing since she was old enough to hold a pencil. She published her first work, a poem when she was just seven years old. Her lifelong ambition was to become a published author.

A life changing tragedy and a stay in Scotland only cemented her desire to write. When Jean returned to the states she finished her education, getting a bachelor's degree in Business/Finance and ev
More about Jean Marie Stanberry...