Falling Into You (Falling, #1)

Falling Into You (Falling #1)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  31,226 ratings  ·  3,455 reviews

Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Published March 14th 2013 by Jasinda Wilder

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareReckless by S.C. StephensEntwined with You by Sylvia Day
Best Books Published in 2013
14th out of 2,960 books — 6,595 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireSlammed by Colleen HooverEasy by Tammara WebberWait for You by J. LynnBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
NEW ADULT 2013
38th out of 1,231 books — 3,473 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog

A dark, emotional read filled with pain and loss but also love and hope. It reminds you how precious life is and how, even in the darkest of times, hope can always shine though.

You know how sometimes you come across a book where you read the blurb and it just makes you want to drop everything in your life so you can read it? This book did that to me. From the moment I heard about it, I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

The dedication set the tone for the story. Heavy. Emotional. Hitting...more
Soraya

I loved ♥ once
I lived once
I lost my love
I lost my life

How do I cope, how do I heal
When I'm always searching for why
When I don't dare to feel
I only feel more guilt as time goes by

Through love lost
I found you
Whether it's right or wrong
You were there, out of the blue

You don't heal me, I don't heal you
You know exactly what to do
Our need for each other heals us two
I will always be falling into you ♥

Lisa

5++++++ Stars

"I'm falling into you."

description

Every once in a while I read a book that renders me speechless. Falling Into You was such a book for me. Jasinda Wilder has written a book that is very real, passionate and poignant. Falling Into You is about survival. Surviving loss. Surviving grief. Surviving heart-break. Surviving yourself.

Both Colton and Nell are broken. They have experienced events that have literally crushed them. They find each other and become that anchor for one another, albeit it re...more
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Oh. Mon. Dieu!!

photo coltquote_zps3529e475.jpg

This was such a rollercoaster of a book as you run the gamut of so many emotions. It takes you from sappy happy right down to the depths of despair and then guides you slowly back to happiness but not without an deeply anguished journey first.

I guess, if you’re reading my review, then you’ve read the blurb above. As you read the first part of the novel about Nell and Kyle and their budding high school romance you know that something terrible is just around the corner and, as you...more
Christy
I wasn’t always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle first.

photo 70d357ec-01f5-457d-994a-b0273158ed78_zps383482fa.jpg

photo ac71865b-eea4-4578-99af-527fe8156f2f_zps53b19b97.jpg

Nell Hawthorne and Kyle Calloway have been best friends since the day they were born. They are neighbors, born in the same hospital two days apart, and basically grew up together. Now they are both 16. They both feel more than friendship towards each other, so they start to date. They go from a best friend love, to a romantic love.

And now we’re learning how to fall in love together. I don’t care wha
♡Karlyn P♡

INTO YOU is a dark, steamy, sexy NA romance that aims for heart, punches you in the gut, and then, finally, lifts your spirits sky high.

The very first sentence sets the powerful tone for the entire book:
"I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first."
It only took reading that single sentence to convince me to read this book, as I couldn't help but wonder about the brothers and what went wrong. And, what went right.

This is Nell's story, but...more
*Book-Lover*

10+ Stars!!

I've been trying to pull myself together since i finished reading this book about three and a half hrs ago...and NO LUCK!! I'm not really great at reviews but here it is..

Nell and Kyle:

Oh it is a beautiful, verge-of-innocence, experiencing love for the first time experience for these two. Best friends, who discover that there can be something more between them, and you really feel the connection here with these two! Unfortunately something horrific happens and Kyle is ripped away fro
Katrina Passick Lumsden
So. This is NA smut. Not YA smut (which might be illegal? I don't know), not mommy smut. NA smut.

I had thought it was going to be a New Adult story with some steamy scenes, but alas, this book consists of a slew of hastily written, badly paced plot devices weaved awkwardly between sex scenes. The strangest thing is that, even though the sex scenes were (I thought) fairly well-written, they seemed rushed, too. Was the entire thing rushed? Well, we're talking about four or five years and numerous...more
Jess - A is for Alpha B is for Books

I'm a wreck, I have just been torn down and stripped of all emotions.
I can't even begin to describe how much I loved this book. It went above & beyond any expectation I had.
It is absolutely one of the best books that I've read this year, Jasinda Wilder is brilliant and her writing is just incredible. This book made me feel every word, every touch, every gut wrenching emotion in this story. From the first page to the last sentence.

Falling into You is a beautiful yet Heartbreaking story about...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
BOOK TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXSOi...

Falling Into You will turn you into a sobbing, makeup-less insomniac…with unkempt eyebrows, and snot.

We are told from the start that Kyle dies (Stop yelling at me, it’s in the synopsis). No alluding, no inference; it’s black and white…he dies. No beating around the bush; the bush gets its ass kicked!

You’re sad before you even open the book. Then you actually get to know the characters. You fall in love with the characters. Let the free fall...more
It's just me Shelly B
"I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first.”

This book was the absolute saddest "f"ing book I've ever READ!!!! Let me repeat myself.......THE SADDEST book I've EVER read!!!!! This book is going to be very hard for me to review because honestly, I don't like sad books....at ALL!!! So I'm going to start with a general description and then I will get to my feelings on this book.

This book is about Colton and Nell. In the beginning Nell was young...more
Lise *friends don't flag*
description
Damn… I love this author. Jasinda Wilder’s writing can draw out every deep-seated emotion and feeling I ever knew existed within me and make it all so painfully beautiful as well as thrilling.
This story starts out with childhood best friends to lovers; Kyle and Nell and their story is so sweet and tragically cut short.

Nell deals with her guilt and sadness in self-destructive ways and it is not until years later when Kyle’s older brother, Colton comes into her life, does she start to heal and for...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
Apr 13, 2013 ✿Alyssa✿ rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Absolutely Nobody.
Shelves: 1-star
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go...

This was officially the worst book that I've read...more
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

5 heart and Soul Wrenching Stars

This book BROKE ME!!
I haven't cried whilst reading a book in a long long time... This book had me sobbing at work! Mascara running Sobbing!
This was the most beautifully written book. A very emotional read, a book that will GUTT you but stay with you for a very long time...

Nell Hawthorne had a best friend name kyle Calloway.. Childhood. Friends turned into first loves... Great love.. Love that binds you together till the end...

Until the end is TOO SOON...
One storm...more
Wendy
I rarely do this. In fact I've only ever given 2 other books my star rating, but this will be the third for me.

Author provided ARC copy for an honest review.

I am completely by this book!

Every emotion I've ever felt was brought forth and it was beyond welcome!

Nell and Kyle's story from the beginning was this beautiful portrayal of young love and all the firsts that people experience.

And then,

Two years, a proposal and a fallen tree are the end of one chapter in Nell's life and the beginnin...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2 to 4 stars

This story was good and I enjoyed it–over-the-top angst and all–but my expectations were set a little too high due to all the hype. Happens.
Smitten's Book Blog

Wow wow, freakin' wow! Oh my life! That was amazing. Intense. Awesome. So inspiring!

I was asked to review this book by the author and I had no idea what I was letting myself in for. Well, actually, that's a lie... I absolutely adored Jasinda Wilder's Wounded, so I knew I liked her writing style and I knew she had the ability to strike a chord in me. But, still... I'm mega excited to say that Falling Into You met my expectations, exceeded them, and some!

"I can tell you what I see. I can tell yo
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
4.5 stars. Almost perfect.

This was a beautiful story of love, loss, guilt, sacrifice, and healing.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Best friends, then lovers, Kyle and Nell were a match everyone saw coming.

I loved Kyle and Nell's relationship. It was so real. They were just kids, only 16, just discovering what love and lust really meant. Kyle was so sweet, and romantic, but this wasn't an idealized version first love, it was all very real.

"I know we are young. . . . . And I know most people would say we're just kids, or too...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“We’re both haunted by the specters of our pasts, but we have to move on sometime and force the voice of our guilt to be silent.”

It’s been three days since I finished reading this book and I am still thinking about it, obsessing about it, catching myself re-reading passages, highlighting new ones. I can honestly say that I never expected to be blown away this completely and I most certainly did not expect to find a new favourite. This story will make you feel so many emotions you won’t know w...more
Lisa
*ARC given to blog for honest review*

5+++ “Oh god, oh god…ohmigod Kisses! One of the best books I’ve read this year and a new addition to my favorite books of all time.

Gutted. Floored. Emotionally wrung dry. And ya know what? I’d read it all over again in a heartbeat. How does an author literally break my heart and I can sit here and say I loved every second of it? Because it was one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read.

Falling Into You topped the charts for me – you can’t rea...more
Kim Person
BEYOND 5 stars I mean WAY WAY WAY beyond!! So beautifully written and so emotionally powerful it will leave you thinking of it for days, yes I mean DAYS, after you finish reading it. When Jasinda offered an ARC of Falling Into You ~ in typical Kim fashion I was so.................

The story begins we are introduced to Nell and her BFF, Kyle, they literally have known one another since birth. They have shared everything together and eventually Nell learns that Kyle's feelings for her are more than...more
Kelena
“Better crazy than broken.” I wasn’t sure where that came from, hadn’t thought it or meant to say it.
“You’re not broken. You’re hurting.”
description

Falling Into You is a beautiful story about a golden son and the troubled son and the girl who wound up loving them both. Circumstance brought them together in different times, one in happy times, the other, in broken times.

Nell Hawthorne

Kyle Calloway
description

Kyle and Nell grew up together. Best friends since birth. Once Nell turns 16 and is allowed to start dating...more
Jen
"I'm not just falling in love with you, Nell. I'm falling into you. You're an ocean, and I'm falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are. Like you said, it's scary in a way, but it's also the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. You are the most amazing thing I've ever experienced."

Damn, I love this book! Not like in a "it's really great" or "I was pleasantly surprised" kind of way. No, I love this book! Colt and Nell are both hurting, scarred and in need of a safe haven. The simple...more
Tammy  (Reviews by Tammy & Kim)
6 Stars

Um, wow! I am a bit speechless right now. I did not read the blurb for this book. Jasinda asked Kim and I to read and review, the cover looked awesome so I said ok and just dived right in. Glad I had no clue what the book was about because at about 26% Jasinda rocked my world and handed me my shredded heart on a silver platter. If I had known what I knew at that point beforehand I don’t th...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo WilderFallingIntoYou1TitlebySueBee_zpsbfd3cb79.jpg
 photo crying2bysb_zpsfa62c16b.gif
★★★★1/2! Falling into You. Poignant, beautiful & intense story of love, loss, grief, guilt, healing & second chances!
Anyone who has ever lost a loved one still a teenager or child knows that gaping void. Yet this story is a reminder that life oftentimes has a way of turning out OK not because of everything that happened, but in spite of it!

Story is alternating between Nell’s and later Colton’s POV (in first person).

“I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love wit
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽

With a first line like that, you know this is going to be a tough, gritty, dark book and it definitely is.

Nell grew up with Kyle and they did everything together. It helped that they were neighbors, their mothers were friends and they were born only two days apart. When Nell can finally date, Kyle's best friend asks her out. Unfortunately when she tells Kyle, he freaks out and that leads them...more
Anas Attic  Book Blog
See my Giveaway and an interview with Nell and Colt Ana's Attic Book Blog

5++++++ Fanfreakintastic stars!

"I'm not just falling in love with you, Nell. I'm falling into you."

Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder broke me, then put me back together again. I can not move on, and I can say with absolute certainty, that this will be on my Best of 2013 list. No doubt about it. Jasinda sent me an advance copy for review, and I never read the blurb. I knew there was some major emotions...but I knew nothing...more
Becky RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!
I am sitting here staring at this blank screen, trying to think of what to say. How can I possibly begin to write a review for a book that has left me feeling so...so...hell I don't even know what emotion I am feeling anymore. I have gone from happy, to heartbroken, to numb, to okay, to sad and then by the end I think I was at peace. That is a lot to process from just one book. But if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

When the story begins, you are taken back to what it felt...more
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.75 Stars

Fermented grief is far more potent.

HOLY SHIT! Man, this was just what I needed. I was so emotionally invested in Nell’s story, that I could not put this down and easily read this in one sitting. It’s emotional stories like this that make reading so much fun. Fuck. I was a blubbering mess by a third of the way through. It’s not really spoiler-ish considering you know someone important is going to die. I knew I was going to be a hot mess, but waiting for the axe to fall was excruciatin...more
Jennifer Kyle
description

Falling Into You is the story of Nell Hawthorne, a beautiful young girl who has recently turned sixteen. Nell is so excited because her parents have allowed to her start dating. Nell has been best friends with Kyle the majority of her life and a reader gets the pleasure of seeing this friendship blossom into both of the characters first loves.

”And you’re still you. I’m still me. We’re still us, Kyle and Nell. But…just more, I guess.”~Kyle

Nell and Kyle had the world at their fingertips when trag...more
Scared to read 39 400 11 hours, 5 min ago
Crazy for Young A...: Falling Into You, by Jasinda Wilder → Start Date: TBD 6 26 Jul 07, 2014 08:42AM
Falling into you series....What ever happened to Jill? 2 43 Apr 18, 2014 05:09AM
Crazy For NA Books: February BOTM 28 22 Feb 28, 2014 05:23PM
Falling into Jasinda Wilder 17 266 Nov 04, 2013 08:19AM
YA & NA Roman...: August 11 - August 17 NA Romance Book of the Week: Falling Into You 4 30 Aug 18, 2013 11:32AM
  • In the Stillness
  • Going Under
  • Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Unbreak Me (New Hope, #1)
  • Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts, #2)
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend Quartet, #2)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Finding Never (Never Say Never, #2)
  • True Love Story
  • Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend, #1)
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Ruin (Ruin, #1)
  • Left Drowning
  • The Love Game (The Game, #1)
Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. When she's not writing, she's probably shopping, baking, or reading.

www.jasindawilder.com

Email Jasinda at JasindaWilder@gmail.com

Friend Jasinda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/jasinda.wi...

More about Jasinda Wilder...
Falling Into Us (Falling, #2) Stripped Wounded Forever & Always (The Ever Trilogy, #1) Alpha (Alpha, #1)

“I’m not just falling in love with you, Nell. I’m falling into you. You’re an ocean, and I’m falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are. Like you said, it’s scary in a way, but it’s also the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced. You are the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced.” 248 likes
“This book is for anyone who has ever lost a loved one, for anyone who has woken up crying and gone to bed the same way, for anyone who has had to learn that it’s okay to not be okay. Surviving isn’t strength, it’s continuing to breathe one day at a time; strength is learning to live despite the pain.” 196 likes