Start by marking “Western Civilization: Volume I: To 1715” as Want to Read:
Western Civilization: Volume I: To 1715

Western Civilization: Volume I: To 1715

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Best-selling text, WESTERN CIVILIZATION has helped over one million students learn about the present by exploring the past. Jack Spielvogel's engaging, chronological narrative weaves the political, economic, social, religious, intellectual, cultural, and military aspects of history into a gripping story that is as memorable as it is instructive. Each chapter offers a subst ...more
Published January 10th 2005 by Wadsworth Publishing (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Western Civilization, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Western Civilization

McKenna
Great textbook for history with a great mix of primary sources added in!
Robin Hatcher
I thoroughly enjoyed studying this textbook. It seemed very fair and balanced in its presentation and is written in an easy to understand style. Covering this much information in a single semester made it difficult to spend much time in any single time or place. But that isn't the fault of the book, just the nature of a college class.
Anna-Kathrin
The texts are easily understandable even for people who haven't taken a history class before. The book is clearly structured and explains things very well.

I have always like the subject of history, but after reading this book, I would even say that it now fascinates me. This book told me so many new and interesting things.
Doug
Jul 01, 2008 Doug rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Doug by: College text
Shelves: history
Okay book. It's difficult to pack thousands of years of history into a book a few hundred pages long.
Stephanie Mallory
Stephanie Mallory is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2015
Vasha
Vasha added it
Jun 29, 2015
Amelia
Amelia added it
Apr 15, 2015
Rui Feng
Rui Feng is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Nikki
Nikki added it
Dec 30, 2014
Robert Mikels
Robert Mikels marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Ryu Gahol
Ryu Gahol marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hitler and Nazi Germany: A History Western Civilization Western Civilization: Volume II: Since 1500 Journey Across Time: The Early Ages, Student Edition Western Civilization: A Brief History, International Edition