Start by marking “Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)” as Want to Read:
Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)

Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  4,366 ratings  ·  472 reviews
I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion,
Published February 25th 2014 by Kensington Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Killer Frost, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Carrie Baumbach Yes, this is the last book in the series.
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
65th out of 2,646 books — 15,921 voters
YA Novels of 2014
130th out of 1,505 books — 8,340 voters

More lists with this book...

Tina
Killer Frost 4.5-5 Stars

I’M BIASED. I love this series, therefore I absolutely loved this final book! I’m absolutely heartbroken that this wonderful series has come to an end, but glad that it ended the way it did (view spoiler).

I’ll keep this short since I’m never really good at writing long reviews for the last book in a series so let me just say that if you’ve read all of the books up u
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I...uh...yeah. Breaking Dawn plot tactics, really?

What do I even say? What CAN I even say without spoiling?

As indicated by my star rating, Killer Frost was my least favorite book of the series, which is a bit of a shame for a series ender. Even so, 3 stars is still a halfway decent rating from me, so all is not lost.

FIRST, the not-so-great...

1. It took far too long to get to the point where the story grabbed me and took over.

2. Logan Freaking Quinn (her words oft borrowed by me) was not as shin
Devon Ashley
I can't believe it's over. Sniff. Hold me...

photo 82187_o_zps351a2cdc.gif

The last installment of the Mythos Academy series was a doozy, and by far the best, in my opinion. I'm not going to say too much because it's obvious what goes down in this novel. Let's just say that all the characters are rounded up for one final showdown, even the ones you've probably forgotten about, and the way Gwen goes out is quite unexpected! In good news, the Mythos world may not be completely over. Ms. Estep may've closed the door on Gwen, bu
Sophia Sardothien
The thing about series is that when you finish it you instantly missed the characters, as if there were in half of your lifetime.

I won't say this series is my favorite or anything, in fact I have a lot of problems with it. Like how the plot is so predictable, the characters are so annoying and so on. But in a way I really enjoy reading this, I love the protagonist more and more over time, the character development was amazing.

Overall I enjoy this series, as I said wasn't the best but it's inte
Laura M
-mild spoilers ahead-

eeeeh .. I'm sad. I used to love this series. Maybe I got too old throughout.

The main problem I got with it was how NOT subtle it is. I mean again, maybe I'm too old, but all those "mysteries" where sooooo clear to me. I mean when an author writes:"He first looked at his artefact, and then at the statues, as if they somehow were connected" ... I am like .. well if you say it like THAT .. they probably are, and its clear how .. duh.. but nobody connects them and is suddenly a
Lexie
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS THE LAST BOOK I didn't approve that. I'm not ready to let go of the only high school I'd willing return to.

I suppose I will give props over the ending resolution (suck it Loki...but not Tom Hiddleston Loki. Reaper Loki. Very important distinction there) it made quite a bit more sense then I gave it credit it for at first. And wooo bloodthirsty battles.

But seriously how about a Short Story featuring Rory? Yes/yes?

+++

This is the last book of this series. The last book in
Rozhin
این مجموعه یه چیز خاصی داشت که مجبورم میکرد نتونم ولش کنم و جلد بعدی رو فورا شروع کنم
دقیق نمیدونم چی بود! شاید بخاطر این بود که من رو خیلی یاد اون مجموعه هایی مینداخت که بچگی میخوندم.. مثل سرزمین سحر امیز یا غرش ماده شیر

درکل به کل مجموعه سه و نیم میدم
میتوس اکادمی شاید شروع خیلی قوی و قشنگی نداشت اما جلدای اخرش خیلی خیلی قشنگ بود و تقریبا ضعیف بودن دو جلد اول رو جبران کرد
دنیای مجموعه برام خیلی خیلی خیلی قشنگ بود.. عاشق توصیفات اکادمی بودم خصوصا خصوصا کتابخونه ی عتیقه ها..عالی بود! همه ی توصیفات س
Helena Fili
I teared up a little bit. Mythos Academy's one of my very first and favorite YA series and it was hard watching the end unravel. Gonna miss Gwen, Logan, Daphne, Carson, Oliver and everyone else. I love this series to pieces!
Tina ♥ Bookaholic

Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Und schon wieder haben wir hier einen Reihenabschluss und erneut muss ich mich von altbekannten Charakteren und Welt verabschieden – der Mythos Academy.

Dieses letzte Mal geht es rasant her und Gwen schlittert von einer verzwickten Situation in die nächste, wobei sie alles alleine schaffe und riskieren will, obwohl ihre Freunde Gwen trotzdem zur Seite stehen. Dieses Mal beginnt es nicht wie sonst gewohnt in der Bibliothek der Altertü
Kribu
3.5 stars. Considered rounding up to 4, but ... eh, upon further consideration, my feelings are closer to "liked it" than "really liked it".

Anyway. This has been a series that I've enjoyed - with some major reservations - from the start. I can't even begin to count the ways it's frustrated me, intensely, both with the way Gwen acted to start with, and with the writing. The repetitiveness. The word choice. The repetitions. The phrasing. The repeated words. The recaps (oh god, the recaps). The rep
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on Tangled in Pages

With this book comes to end to a series I’ve adored for almost 2 years. I’ve anticipated each installment eagerly and devoured them rather quickly and it breaks my heart a little to finally have to let go but at the same time I can genuinely say that I am satisfied. Estep did NOT disappoint with the finale. Perhaps there could have been a little less cheese but in the end the conclusion was well done.

The beginning had me a little vary. Logan
Carmen
AFTER READING:

Series review can be found at Thoughts of a Hopeless (Book) Romantic.

That was completely unexpected. Somehow everything came together and worked? Wow.

********************
I really can't see how this will all end. After reading Midnight Frost it feels like the plot is still a bit standstill.

Update:
Um.. How long is this series going to be!?
Kate
Before I go any further, let me just start this off by saying, Killer Frost is the final installment of the Mythos Academy series. When I started, I had NO clue what so ever that Killer Frost was the end of the series. The summary gave no indication of this. Even the way Killer Frost was set up gave no hints… well, not at least until towards the end. You have been warned.

For the last few years, Mythos Academy series has been my go to for a great read. Whenever I needed a read to make me laugh,
Beth
The battle with the Reapers is coming to a head. It is crunch time and Gwen Frost is feeling the pressure. She feels the pending doom right around the corner. How can Gwen defeat Loki? The whole world's fate lies in her hands.

Killer Frost is they highly anticipated conclusion to Gwen's battle with Loki. Estep has woven a marvelous tale of gods and demi-gods with a modern day twist. I've gobbled up this series and Killer Frost wasn't an exception. I was once again captivated by the characters, th
Jasi
Das letzte große Abenteuer mit Gwen und ihren Freunden!

Im sechsten und leider schon letzten Band der Mythos-Acadamy-Reihe stellt sich Gwen nicht nur Vivian, ihrer Erzfeindin sondern auch dem bösen Gott Loki um ihn zu vernichten. Mich konnte das Buch wieder von vorne bis hinten absolut fesseln und in seinen unglaublich starken Bann ziehen. Gwen ist einfach so eine tolle Protagonistin, der man immer gerne zur Seite steht, mit ich lacht, liebt und sich den Gefahren stellt. Für mich ein absolut wür
Karissa
This is the sixth and final book in the Mythos Academy series. I got a copy of this book to review through NetGalley (thanks to NetGalley and K-Teen for the chance to read this book). I was a huge fan of the first 3-4 books in this series and then I thought the most recent books lagged a bit. However, this book does an excellent job of wrapping up the series and I enjoyed it.

Gwen is hoping for some peace, but worried that the Reapers might attack at any moment. Then she is asked to use her psych
Jules (Never enough time to read)
It was just ok.

I'm a bit sad to see the series end, but it has been a few books since I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if my reading preferences have changed or if the books are just not as good. I've given up on her other adult series as well - for now I think I'm done with Ms Estep.
Ileana
This series has been such an adventure. I'm sad to see it come to an end.
I will always miss Gwen, Vic, Logan, Daphne and all the other characters. These past few days have been a big adventure with this series that I'll find my life extraordinarily boring now that the series is over.
I'll always remember the time Gwen fought Ashley. The time she was tricked by Preston. The time she found the Heliem Daggar. The time she was arrested. The time Logan tried to kill her. The time she befriended a Grif
Allthegoodusersweretaken
Book Cover, Synopsis:
Yey!!

*views release date*:
*retreats to the corner of the room*
T_T

hey, nice cover.

*checks release date...*

ok, not nice :o
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I know I have said this numerous times in the past but it bares repeating, it will never get easy saying goodbye to a beloved series. Never.

And this is definitely one of those series that I really don't want to say goodbye too, I love them far too much and as I sit here and right this review, I already miss them and am sad that it is all over.

Gwen, Grandma Frost, Nyx, Daphne, Oliver, Logan, Nickamedis, Vic, Alexei, Metis, Ajax, Carson, they are like family now and you never want to have to say g
Hiba
Maaaan! This series was freaaaaking amazing!!
Amazing!!!
amaaaazinggg!!
Amaaaaaaaazingg!
Amaaaazingggggggg!
Amaaaaazinggggggggg!
Amaaaaaaaziinggggggggg!
Amaaaaaaaazzingggggggggg!
ITS THAT AMAZING PEOPLE!
If u don't read it soon ..UR LOSS ..
and ya its kinda like Covenant and Violet Eden series
And ya the guy in this book( I am not gonna mention his name ) is MINE! So girls when you are reading... Read thinking that .."ya that's Hiba' s guy"
Lucy *Qhuay's shellan*

Fan-freaking-tastic!

I have to say Estep outdid herself. I wasn't expecting this book to be as intense as it was.

Even though I can say I'm a fan of this series, I always felt like there was something missing, hence why I never rated a book 5 stars.

Killer Frost was no different. It was still not perfect, but it came closer than the others to that level.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, trying to think ahead of Gwen and the reapers, in order to figure out what each of them would do. You
Dianne
The inevitable, final battle is looming large and everyone at Mythos Academy knows it. The reapers are becoming more daring, more threatening and more lethal. Fate says that Gwen is destined to be the one to end Loki, the evil and mysterious god who wants to take over the human world, but Gwen has no idea what to do or how to do it. Should she keep quiet or reveal what she has been told? When she has no choice, all eyes look to the headstrong teen for hope and strength. If she fails, everyone wi ...more
Ally
Okay. I finally got around to reading this book. The final book. Number 7, right? I can't remember it anymore. I know that it was on the way of becoming The House of Night #2 by the sheer number of books. And that is not a joke.

(Even though Percy Jackson could be The House of Night #2, because it has about the same number of books if you combined Percy Jackson series and The Heroes of Olympus series).

Anyway, enough comment and jabbing at other series, even though it is amusing to me. (But proba
Melliane
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I enjoyed each of the novels that Jennifer Estep has shown us over the years. I knew the end was coming, and I wondered each time if this is the case. However, for once I did not read the synopsis, and I was quite surprised when I realized that this volume ended the series. I must say that the ends are always a bit tricky for me and I was a little anxious to see how everything would end and what feeling I would have.

We thus find our little Gwen, who finally
Louisa
So eine wundervolle Reihe! Ich hoffe immer noch auf weitere Bände, denn ich habe sie verschlungen und mit unglaublich viel Freude gelesen! :)
Brina
Nachdem ich alle bisherigen Bände der "Mythos Academy" regelrecht verschlungen habe, war ich sehr auf den sechsten und somit auch leider letzten Band der Reihe sehr gespannt. Die Erwartungen waren geradezu überirdisch hoch, dass ich erst leichte Bedenken hatte, allerdings wurden meine Erwartungen erfüllt, sodass ich diese Reihe definitiv irgendwann noch einmal lesen werde.

Jennifer Estep hat mit dem letzten Band noch einmal gezeigt hat, wie viel Herzblut sie in dem finalen, großen Kampf zwischen
Steph
Aside from the insane info-dumps that happen in each book (by now shouldn't we all know what's what?!), I thought this was a very good YA mythology series with a well-done ending.
Leanne Crabtree
It's the last one, sadly--I'll admit it's grown on me a lot over the past two books, the pace picking up and everything coming together--and in my opinion, the best one.

The final showdown between Gwen and friends and Loki and the reapers has been a long time brewing and let me tell you that battle was edge of your seat stuff. I mean, I know they wouldn't lose because that would have been a crappy ending, but how the author wrote it. The tension of not knowing how Gwen was going to come out on to
A Million More Pages: 6 - Killer Frost (Mythos Academy): Jun 20 10 16 Jun 24, 2015 09:09AM
SPARTANFROST (BAND 9) 1 4 Jun 16, 2015 08:29AM
Killer Frost 6 39 Apr 03, 2014 05:02PM
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • The Cursed (The Unearthly, #3)
  • Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Entangled
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Transcendent (Starling, #3)
  • Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 16 (The Wallflower, #16)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • The Eve (The Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Death, Doom and Detention (Darklight, #2)
  • Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries, #2)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin adult urban fantasy series for Pocket. Books in the series are SPIDER'S BITE, WEB OF LIES, VENOM, TANGLED THREADS, SPIDER'S REVENGE, BY A THREAD, and WIDOW'S WEB. THREAD OF DEATH, an e-novella, is also available.

HAIN
More about Jennifer Estep...

Mythos Academy (6 books)
  • Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)