Circumstantial Evidence

Circumstantial Evidence

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Pete Earley's The Hot House gave America a riveting, uncompromising look at the nation's most notorious prison—the federalpenitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas—a book that Kirkus Reviews called a "fascinating white-knuckle tour of hell, brilliantly reported." Now Earley shows us a different, even more intimate viewof justice—and injustice—American-style.

In Monroeville, Alaba

Published January 4th 2000 by Bantam (first published August 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Circumstantial Evidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circumstantial Evidence

Jarome
Peter Barley takes you into a world, I know most of us have no idea about. By the time I finished this I felt so angry and sick to my stomach at the bold stupidity that human beings can display, that it took me a while to get over it. Once again, don't read this if you don't like hard truth. Truth about the side of people that just makes you sick. I think what bothered me the most (I should say what made me feel the most ashamed as an african-american male) is the fact that there were black peop...more
Mary Jane
Good read about a real crime that occurred in the deep south. Actually, it was about several crimes - 2 murders and one man incorrectly imprisoned for one of the murders.
At times, the book was tedious. Indeed, the author had no choice as the reporting of this whole scenario took time and patience.
It is sad that this occurred in our country in 1986. And maybe still does today. Very sad, indeed.
Ann Benefiel
This true story has so many twists and turns that fiction could never top it. I read it on Kindle and had no idea it was over 500 pages when I started. I stayed up all night when I was only a few hundred pages in, thinking with each chapter that I was near the end. Every time the crime(s) seemed to be about sewn up, new characters would pop up or someone new would take over the case. I've always been interested in social justice and this is one of the best examples, along with John Grisham's non...more
Andrew
Excellent true crime writing...This one stands out to me as an excellent insight to the legal process in the south. After reading Super Casino, I was looking forward to this, and it really delivered..
Kristin
I'm actually from Monroeville. I went to church with the morrisons though I didn't know who they were at the time. I hope the murders are solved because these families deserve justice!
Lelia
A sadly disturbing look at the legal hoops that must be jumped and the inequity of our justice system.
Monica Perez
A fine read. True crime. Interesting insight into the possible irreversible injustice of the death penalty in its application.
Kari
Frustratingly eye opening.
Janie Lewis
Janie Lewis marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Gene Divens
Gene Divens marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Jan Martin
Jan Martin marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Jul 31, 2014
Bree Bowings
Bree Bowings marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Sherry Fisk
Sherry Fisk marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
GRITS
GRITS marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Daniel Barlow
Daniel Barlow marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Kaye
Kaye marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Alisha Stanley
Alisha Stanley marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Natalya Kuraeva
Natalya Kuraeva marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Pete Earley is a storyteller who has penned 13 books including the New York Times bestseller The Hot House and the 2007 Pulitzer Prize finalist Crazy: A Father’s Search Through America’s Mental Health Madness.
After a 14-year career in journalism, including six years at The Washington Post, Pete became a full-time author with a commitment to expose the stories that entertain and surprise.
His honest...more
More about Pete Earley...
Crazy: A Father's Search Through America's Mental Health Madness The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth Prison The Serial Killer Whisperer: How One Man's Tragedy Helped Unlock the Deadliest Secrets of the World's Most Terrifying Killers Comrade J Super Casino: Inside the "New" Las Vegas