The Rifter Book Three: His Sacred Bones (Rifter 8-10)

The Rifter Book Three: His Sacred Bones (Rifter #8-10)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Contains parts 8 to 10 of The Rifter series:
8. The Silent City
9. The Iron Temple
10. His Holy Bones
Published October 15th 2013 by Blind Eye Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rifter Book Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rifter Book Three

Xing
Whether it was the Rifter, or John, or Jath’ibaye, it no longer mattered. They were all one. At the center of both of Kahlil’s lives was his dedication to that single man who was his deity, ward, friend, and lover.

Warning: this review contains spoilers pertaining to the previous installments. Any further spoilers pertaining to this book is placed in tags.

I approached this book with trepidation. It is by far the most difficult installment to read in The Rifter trilogy, because readers go into it...more
Gwen
Everything makes sense now! I’m so pleased with myself for getting it that I have to write it down, lest I forget next time I read these books. Which I’m probably going to do in a few months. I’m thinking I’ll read it chronologically for my third time and see how the story flows doing it that way.

Back to the timelines though, because this was a real issue with me during my first read of the series. It’s spoilerific so behind tags it goes.

(view spoiler)...more
Juushika
Revolution in Basawar reveals the terrifying power of John's true nature as The Rifter draws to a close. John's growth in this final third is, as much of the series has been, a long, slow burn, but it's ultimately effective and the scale of both his power and the book's conclusion is epic and well-detailed. The relationship between the two protagonists is also more successful in this volume (perhaps thanks to the addition of sex scenes, perhaps simply because it's been so important for so long b...more
Abi
it's over... this book.. no this series has destroyed me with emotions. The last book of this incredible saga concentrates on John who adjusts to his new role as Jath'ibaye and The Rifter. When I found out how Ravishan died I felt almost betrayed by John how could he do that? I completely understood why he tried to bring the building down on top of himself. This novel looks at how john finds his place among the Fai'daum rebels and how he deals with the horrors that he must face in an upcoming wa...more
Bracicot
Other reviewers are using words like 'saga' to describe this series, and if we set aside the Germanic implications of that term, I think it is accurate both as a measure of scale and a measure of scope. This final book, in particular, absolutely sparkles as it draws together a very complicated set of rival plotlines and paints a universe with unexpected hope.
Serena!
My chest is aching.
Sara
Those 5 stars are for the whole thing, because I read it all at once and JFC what an absolutely stunning epic.
tizi
thank you ginn hale - the most gripping and amazing read i have had in many many years.
just thank you.
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Na
Na added it
Aug 13, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Acarolc
Acarolc is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Lethalvows27
Lethalvows27 marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
RJ Lackie
RJ Lackie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Q&A with Josh...: February 2014: The Rifter #8-10 21 32 Feb 24, 2014 07:05PM
Wicked Gentlemen Lord of the White Hell (Lord of the White Hell, #1) Lord of the White Hell (Lord of the White Hell, #2) The Shattered Gates (Rifter #1) Servants of the Crossed Arrows (Rifter #2)