Start by marking “Black Jack Volume 2: Two-Fisted Surgeon (Black Jack)” as Want to Read:
Black Jack Volume 2: Two-Fisted Surgeon (Black Jack)

Black Jack Volume 2: Two-Fisted Surgeon (Black Jack)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  112 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Lying somewhere between medical drama, cartoon humor, and film noir lies Black Jack, the ongoing adventures of an underground doctor who is the last resort for some very unusual patients. In this volume, the risk-taking Black Jack is at the mercy of a doctor after a horrible car wreck.
Published June 5th 1999 by Viz Media

To ask other readers questions about Black Jack Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Jack Volume 2

Malbadeen
Jul 20, 2009 Malbadeen rated it it was ok
I'm a little surprised I finished this and even more surprised I frequently reached for it when there was a variety of other reading material around. A comic about a renegade surgeon with a tortured past and a seemingly conflicting morals, a baby/teenager/thing companion that is part synthetic, frequent drawings of the internal workings of surgery - - - ? Not typically my thing but, for whatever reason, I read it front to back with very few breaks.
Robert Beveridge
Osamu Tezuka, Black Jack: Two-Fisted Surgeon (ViZ, 1987)

Black Jack continues with more tales of Black Jack's exploits, more revelations about his past, and more exploration of the weird, weird relationship between Black Jack and his assistant/wife/ghostly pal/whatever she is. (The story of Black Jack trying to get her enrolled in school is priceless.) A fun series, and I can't wait to see where Tezuka took it after this. ***
Kelly
Jun 02, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: japan, sff
Black Jack, the unlicensed doctor, is back with more adventures and philosophy in this sequel.

I actually enjoyed Volume 2 more than Volume 1. I thought the stories were a little more original - or perhaps I was just more familiar with Tezuka's style.
Aurora
Apr 14, 2008 Aurora rated it really liked it
Man, these are so fun. I wish this was how medicine really worked, where you can get revenge on someone by getting extensive plastic surgery to look like their favorite pop star.
Phil
Aug 31, 2007 Phil rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
My first Tezuka comics, these are pretty cool stories about a rogue medical doctor-adventurer who runs around saving people in unconventional and often shocking ways.
Stacy
Jan 08, 2010 Stacy rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Perhaps it's because I didn't read Vol 1 first, but I found this hard to get into - stilted and superficial, with moments of humor.
Mary  Goodnight
Jul 28, 2011 Mary Goodnight rated it it was amazing
Poignant, dérangeant, fascinant... le Dr. Blackjack ne laisse toujours pas indifférent...
Chas
Jun 12, 2009 Chas rated it it was amazing
see my review for book one
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Radicchio Anarcoide
Radicchio Anarcoide rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Emmy
Emmy rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Marcus
Marcus rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
Miguel
Miguel rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Frankenmouse
Frankenmouse rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Phùng Nghĩa
Phùng Nghĩa rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Thomas Castellani
Thomas Castellani rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Olivia
Olivia added it
Dec 15, 2014
Andrea
Andrea added it
Sep 05, 2014
Texv Velis
Texv Velis rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Grignr
Grignr rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Puff
Puff marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Ralph
Ralph rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2013
Joyjamin
Joyjamin marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Aguolo
Aguolo marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Shakti
Shakti added it
May 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
From Wikipedia:
Dr. Osamu Tezuka (手塚 治虫) was a Japanese manga artist, animator, producer and medical doctor, although he never practiced medicine. Born in Osaka Prefecture, he is best known as the creator of Astro Boy and Kimba the White Lion. He is often credited as the "Father of Anime", and is often considered the Japanese equivalent to Walt Disney, who served as a major inspiration during his f
More about Osamu Tezuka...