Start by marking “Hatter M, Volume 4: Zen of Wonder (Hatter M, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hatter M, Volume 4: Zen of Wonder (Hatter M, #4)

Hatter M, Volume 4: Zen of Wonder (Hatter M #4)

Royal Bodyguard Hatter Madigan’s search takes an unexpected detour when he travels ‘within’ guided by a mischievous and often maddening young girl named Nekko. Nekko’s origin is a Zen mystery, but her devotion to Hatter’s quest to find the lost Princess is unwavering. After Nekko kidnaps his Hat and leads him on a fearless chase across the rooftops of 1871 San Francisco, ...more
Published May 23rd 2013 by Automatic Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hatter M, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hatter M, Volume 4

Spot
Feb 15, 2014 Spot rated it liked it
this edition looks different than what i have, but so far, its an interesting twist, but not a fan of the artwork and the story doesnt flow very well. i heard they are trying to make a movie, and maybe that will be better???
Violetta
Aug 15, 2014 Violetta rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm increasingly confused by what the frack is happening.
Nik
Apr 07, 2013 Nik rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. The art in this graphic novel is great in a weird wonderland way and carries through from the other books for continuity, which I like. I appreciate the different color palettes for each place he visits and the feel of each scene change. I loved Hatter's continued journey and how he has learned to "be still to find what he is looking for." Nekko is an amazingly fun character whom pushes him to learn his Zen nature. Nekko's real identity is kind of AWESOME and I was not ...more
Dean
Aug 03, 2013 Dean rated it really liked it
Shelves: ala-2013, fantasy
I haven't read the books nor have I read any of the prior comic books, but it didn't hinder my enjoyment at all. On the surface, a spin-off comic about the Hatter based on the Looking Glass Wars definitely gives me room for pause. My expectation was that this book would not be my cup of tea, but I was proven wrong.
It's more than likely that I missed some of the nuances between the comic and the books, but it was easy to get into the story. The Hatter's journey plays wonderfully with the zen them
Danielle
I really hate my need to complete series. I want to know what happens, but at the same time I don't really care. Still not a fan of the "messy" art style. It gets especially confusing in this volume because there are times when you can't tell two characters apart. The fact that the lyrics to super freak make an appearance 1870 rubbed me the wrong way too. Maybe I'm just being nitpicky, and I'm sure it was met to be humorous, but for me it fell flat. I wanted to love this series and from volume ...more
SharlzG
Jun 01, 2013 SharlzG rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series but when I got to the end of this one, it was the first time I internally cried out "Nooo!" What a cliff hanger to end it on.

Nekko was a cute addition to the story, but it was the search for the "swordsmith" that was the constant lingering question, & and on the finding, we found more questions than answers that are all to be answered at another time, & in another book.

Poor Hatter. You begin to understand more the events of his return now that his story be
Brian Ashmore
Mar 29, 2015 Brian Ashmore rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, series-books
Carissa
Jul 13, 2016 Carissa rated it liked it
This is my favorite graphic novel in the series so far. I loved that they introduced the lessons of laughing, surfing, and zen. I also loved Nekko. She was so enjoyable and really pushed a character development in Hatter. That made me the happiest because he was beginning to get stale. I enjoyed all the humor and obvious teamwork. It was nice seeing Hatter make some remarkable friends... especially with betrayal and treachery at foot.
Drucilla
Aug 09, 2013 Drucilla rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. Loved that there was more Hatter backstory, although it was difficult to tell him and his brother apart. They're dressed the same way and have similar facial features and though it makes sense why, the art style doesn't allow for enough detail to make it easy to tell them apart. Hatter's only got one more year to go on his search so I'm excited for the last book.
Ingrid
Nov 18, 2015 Ingrid rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this series and this volume in particular. I love the idea of Hatter M going on a journey of enlightenment and seeing him catch a glimpse of it. I also LOVED that they stopped in Hawaii and Hatter M found the zen of surfing!!!
Sarah T.
Feb 11, 2016 Sarah T. rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite volume of this series so far. All the Zen influences really track well with Hatter's following the glow (or flow), and seemed to give him a much needed break from his relentless search for Princess Alyss.
M.i.
Jun 14, 2014 M.i. rated it it was ok
Hatter's still looking for Alyss but this time his quest takes him to the orient. The art work is even more distracting in this volume and the plot line can be confusing at certain points.
Kristina
Jul 08, 2016 Kristina rated it liked it
I love the settings in this volume, and the art is great.

Overall, just enjoying this series as a whole. It's a solid "good" series, not great, but definitely good.
Tawnie
Tawnie rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Angeliquelovekittens
Angeliquelovekittens rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Sonja
Sonja rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Abby
Abby rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Hannah Pollack
Hannah Pollack rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Noah Cain
Noah Cain rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Lauren K.
Lauren K. rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Brian Minsker
Brian Minsker rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Stan
Stan rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
Kate rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Grimm Fairy Tales: The Dream Eater Saga, Volume 1
  • Pearl of Pandaria (World of Warcraft)
  • Agatha Heterodyne and the Hammerless Bell (Girl Genius, #11)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales, Vol. 10
  • Anomaly
  • Fairy Quest: Outlaws (Fairy Quest, #1)
  • Battlepug: Volume 1 (Battlepug, #1)
  • Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Volume 2: Prisoner of Bogan
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 7
  • Leviathan
  • Oz: Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz
  • The Dragons of Winter (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #6)
  • The Bunker: Volume 1
  • Over The Garden Wall #1
  • Julie Kagawa's: The Iron King the graphic novel
Literary Sleuth and world creator Frank Beddor dared to expose the true story of Wonderland in the New York Times bestselling young adult trilogy The Looking Glass Wars. To satisfy the awakened curiosity of his readers he continued to tell the parallel adventures of Royal Bodyguard Hatter Madigan’s search for the lost princess in the graphic novel series Hatter M. He lives in Los Angeles.
More about Frank Beddor...

Hatter M (5 books)
  • Hatter M, Volume 1: The Looking Glass Wars (Hatter M, #1)
  • Hatter M, Volume 2: Mad With Wonder